PDA

View Full Version : O/T - Way To Go Heritage Auctions!! - Spared No Expense!!

TriplexXxSports
07-13-2009, 06:17 PM
I thought you guys might get a kick out of this. I sure did. I picked up an item in the last Heritage Auction and it arrived today. My first purchase with them btw.

Now take a look at these photo's. The first one is of the 2 boxes that my item came in. The smaller box was inside of the bigger box. I put them up in front of my 'captains chair' so you get an idea of the size.

The next pic is showing the amount of packing peanuts that was included with my purchase. WOW! No wonder it was 6 pounds and $25 bucks to ship!

Now after looking at these pics you will say, 'well Triple X, what did you get?'.......

TriplexXxSports
07-13-2009, 06:19 PM
Well guys, I have to tell you that all of this was for 1, that's right, 1 size 13 shoe!

Great first time experience, but I could not understand why I had to pay $25 for shipping until this arrived.

It's a little over kill IMO!

34swtns
07-13-2009, 09:23 PM
That's hilarious.

I think you'd have a hard time jacking up a game-used cleat even if you shipped it in a manila envelope.

Wow.

rj_lucas
07-13-2009, 10:13 PM
The good news is that it was just a mix-up in the shipping department.

The bad news is that somebody received their 1869 Cincinnati Red Stockings glass decanter in an unpadded manilla envelope :eek:

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

TriplexXxSports
07-14-2009, 05:50 AM
That's hilarious.

I think you'd have a hard time jacking up a game-used cleat even if you shipped it in a manila envelope.

Wow.

Haha! Not to mention the cleat itself was wrapped in 9 feet of bubble wrap (the big bubbles) and half a roll of packing tape.

It took me 15 min. to get it unwrapped.

I'm glad that Heritage takes careful consideration when packaging/shipping items, but DAMN!

I would just like to know if all of this was really necessary? I've shipped cleats plenty of times, but never had to go through all of that.

I guess this is how they justify charging so much for shipping.

suicide_squeeze
07-15-2009, 10:37 PM
Trip X......where's the love?

I would be THRILLED if every item I ever won came with such love and care........and I mean that!

Cudo's to Heritage.

joelsabi
07-15-2009, 10:51 PM
Trip X......where's the love?

I would be THRILLED if every item I ever won came with such love and care........and I mean that!

Cudo's to Heritage.

cant agree more. over the last two weeks i have received damaged packages. luckily only one was damaged and the item was rare but now ruin. had to ask for a refund on it and the seller was making fell like it was my fault. i love a box in a box packaging. would have saved asking for a refund in my instance.