PDA

View Full Version : Fielder Home Run Derby Bat(s)

mattmueller
07-14-2009, 08:21 AM
Something to keep in mind if the bats ever make it to market. As reported in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Fielder started using a Rickie Weeks model SAM (I didn't watch, but likely the same blonde with black tape he is currently using in games) but later switched to a Braun two tone SAM.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/brewers.html

anj1027
07-14-2009, 09:16 AM
I watched the whole thing. He used Braun's bat the whole time. Two-toned with mota, no tape. He may have used the blond with black tape in BP or something, but I watched every swing of his during the derby and they all were with the same bat.

anj1027
07-14-2009, 09:18 AM
unless of course he used a ricky weeks bat that was two-toned with no tape...all I know is every swing of the his was with a two-toned bat with mota stick and no tape.

tbone90
07-14-2009, 12:21 PM
Agreed! Fielder used a two tone bat during the whole competition. The blonde Richie Weeks was probably used during warm ups.

I think Fielder started using Weeks blonde Sam with the blacked taped handle during the interleague series against the Indians.

bigtruck260
07-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Agreed! Fielder used a two tone bat during the whole competition. The blonde Richie Weeks was probably used during warm ups.

I think Fielder started using Weeks blonde Sam with the blacked taped handle during the interleague series against the Indians.

It was a two toned SAM Braun Bat.

The post had lots of photos today - here is one gallery, but if you look around you can find more....

http://stltoday.mycapture.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?image=24650130&event=796051&CategoryID=17311&picnum=30&move=F#Image

anj1027
07-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Just saw Prince hit in the all-star game. He went back to that blond Ricky Weeks bat with the black tape. It's weird that he switched up his bat that much from homerun derby, not only in size but also in grip, which can definitely change your feel of the bat. Crazy that he would do that, seems like it would mess up the comfort a little bit.

jjkraner
03-10-2013, 09:20 AM
Can anyone get close pictures on the know and handle?

jjkraner
03-10-2013, 09:21 AM
Knob and handle