PDA

View Full Version : Griffey SWINGMAN on bat

justinwc80
07-14-2009, 09:47 PM
As I've been looking at Griffey Jr bats I'm finding some that have Seattle Mariners, Cincinnati Reds and Swingman, how many did he order with Swingman and what are the usual lengths and weights? Did he usually order cupped bats. Thanks for any information. As always I am very appreciative for your time and help.

BMH
07-15-2009, 07:37 AM
I didn't do a grand total but I estimate to be around 2000 bats so far with Swingman on them. The majority of them with the Reds. I would say 98% of his orders are 34in/31oz. With a few variances for ST. Again almost all orders are cupped. He doesn't change much...

justinwc80
07-16-2009, 10:08 AM
BMH
Now looking at another bat for Griffey a G175 that was according to the PSA cert ordered once through Chuck Schupp for Griffey to try April 6 2000. It shows great use, I was wondering is this likely only batting practice used or do you have any knowledge if he may have tried it in a game. I realize I'm reaching here but thought I would ask. Any information is appreciated.
Thanks again!

BMH
07-16-2009, 01:15 PM
I would have no idea if it was game used or not. I can only answer it was one of three made if it did in fact come from that order in April.