My first game used fielding glove & new grail!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gameused
    • Nov 2005

My first game used fielding glove & new grail!

Just got this Manny Ramirez, L.A. Dodgers fielding glove in and it's the first fielding glove I have purchased and definitely one of the highlights of my Manny collection.

I've been looking for a legit Manny glove for several years now and this one fits the bill. Shows good use and is nicely broken in. It may be Manny's first game used Akadema Dodgers glove (blue) that was used in late 2008 and early spring training 2009, I will try to confirm this with Akadema glove reps.

The glove is style matched to the 08 and 09 seasons and I may have a photo matched the glove to Manny's hand. Working on posting the photo match.

Thanks for looking!

Bobby
    hawaii_five0@yahoo.com

Attached Files
  • markize
    • Apr 2008

Re: My first game used fielding glove & new grail!

Originally posted by gameused
    Just got this Manny Ramirez, L.A. Dodgers fielding glove in and it's the first fielding glove I have purchased and definitely one of the highlights of my Manny collection.

I've been looking for a legit Manny glove for several years now and this one fits the bill. Shows good use and is nicely broken in. It may be Manny's first game used Akadema Dodgers glove (blue) that was used in late 2008 and early spring training 2009, I will try to confirm this with Akadema glove reps.

The glove is style matched to the 08 and 09 seasons and I may have a photo matched the glove to Manny's hand. Working on posting the photo match.

Thanks for looking!

Bobby
    hawaii_five0@yahoo.com

Bobby,

great glove, and good for you!! I know how excited I was when I got my first glove several months ago. Could only be better if you get that match. I hope you do. Great pickup.

Mark

Comment

• stretch
      • Mar 2009

Beautiful glove. Try search March of 2009 and work your way around that month. Good Luck.

Comment

• stretch
        • Mar 2009

Here is the glove. A better match would be ideal I'm sure, but save it to your computer, and you'll notice the lace is not tied if you zoom in on the picture.

Comment

• gamer35
          • Nov 2005

Nice glove. You have any pics of him using that style from the 2008 season though? All the pics I have show him using a Black Akadema glove.

Comment

• cordovacollector
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by stretch
            Here is the glove. A better match would be ideal I'm sure, but save it to your computer, and you'll notice the lace is not tied if you zoom in on the picture.

The only one that looks happy to be in that photo is the glove!

Comment

• metsbats
              • Nov 2005

I think it's written into Manny' s contract that his glove always gets its own seat Ya Gotta G'love it

Congrats on a great pickup Bobby!
              metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• nationals2k9
                • Sep 2008

That is fantastic!!!

Comment

• gameused
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by metsbats
                  I think it's written into Manny' s contract that his glove always gets its own seat Ya Gotta G'love it

Congrats on a great pickup Bobby!

David,

That is hillarious. Thanks to all for your feedback.

Still working on the match. If anyone has pics of Manny with a blue Akadema glove, please post or email to hawaii_five0@yahoo.com

Thanks again, Bobby

Comment

• stevenp
                    • Jul 2009

Does any1 have any fielding gloves 2 sell?

Comment

• gameused
                      • Nov 2005

Finally got around to putting together the photo match. If you look at the middle palm area of the glove, there is a large stain and a couple of smaller stains(Tobacco?)that match the photo of Manny talking to Joe Torre at spring training 2009.

Also, when I hold the glove to the exact angle Manny is holding the glove, everything matches up perfectly, from the laces where Manny's right hand is located, notice they are darker and then appear lighter while coming down to the wrist-pinky area of the glove, on the inside part of the glove-finger area, you can see that the leather is bent or wavy from being broken in, some areas on the inner palm has worn down to a whitish appearance and that matches up nicely.

I spoke with a Akadema employee today and he requested that I email him some photos of the Manny glove. He wrote back saying. "The glove is definitely Manny's and definitely from 2008. We do not make any gloves that say "Manny Ramirez #99" unless they are going directly to Manny. I can't dig into the shipping records, This is definitely game used, and one of the early gloves that we sent to him."

Sorry for the large photo, I'm trying to show as much detail as possible. The smaller photo is the original from Icon Sports Media. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks again for your time,

Bobby
                      Attached Files

Comment

• spartakid
                        • Oct 2008

Unfortunately this doesn't look like a match to me. There appears to be an extra dark mark inside the pocket near the bottom of the glove in the picture. Also, the laces next to the webbing appear to be much darker than yours. That's not to say that the glove couldn't have gotten more use and wear. Basically it could be the same glove, buy not a match IMO. VERY tough to get a pic that's close enough to photomatch a glove. (I've only seen a couple before.) It's a beautiful glove though, nice pick-up. Ricardo
                        Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Comment

• gameused
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by spartakid
                          Unfortunately this doesn't look like a match to me. There appears to be an extra dark mark inside the pocket near the bottom of the glove in the picture. Also, the laces next to the webbing appear to be much darker than yours. That's not to say that the glove couldn't have gotten more use and wear. Basically it could be the same glove, buy not a match IMO. VERY tough to get a pic that's close enough to photomatch a glove. (I've only seen a couple before.) It's a beautiful glove though, nice pick-up. Ricardo
                          Ricardo,

Which extra mark are you referring to? Also, the laces on the glove, when I took the glove photo the flash lighten it up a bit.

Thanks, Bobby

Comment

• grenda12
                            • Oct 2008

Congrats on the glove. Im still waiting for one of those to add to my collection.

Comment

• spartakid
                              • Oct 2008

In the picture with Manny, there appears to be a black mark going vertically to the right of the pocket (If the glove were to be held as it would be on a hand) where there's a crease. I could be wrong b but I'm going by the original pic because it's too difficult to tell with the blown up pic. Maybe someone else can chime in, I could certainly be missing something. Ricardo
                              Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Comment

Working...