PDA

View Full Version : Bo Jackson 1989 All Star Game bat--NOT!

byergo
07-17-2009, 11:38 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/BO-JACKSON-ALL-STAR-GAME-USED-BAT-KANSAS-CITY-ROYALS_W0QQitemZ300329944128QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45ed0f4440&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1205|293%3A1| 294%3A50

Here is another 1989 Bo Jackson alleged All Star Game/Home Run Derby bat. At least the seller lists is as game issued which may be correct, but he infers use which is incorrect--at least with regard to the All Star Game. I'm very curious to know where/when/how this bat obtained game use.

The Louisville Slugger curator is incorrect when he says there were 2 bats produced. Minimally there is mine (which is the game used and home run derby used example), the one in this article which was not All Star game used, the one from the American Memorabilia auction which was not All Star game used (smoke damaged with blue transfer marks, incorrect pine tar, and incorrect writing on knob and barrel end)--there is another long thread on this site about that one), and a couple others that have been sold on ebay and on this site which were not All Star game used and displayed no signs of game use at all but could have been purchased and trumped up with fake use. Bottom line there are minimally four J93 bats with the large "LOUISVILLE" logo on the reverse based on that info.

Anyway, just wanted to clarify for anyone interested that this was NOT game used or home run derby used in the 1989 All Star Game, and not the bat used to launch the famous 448 ft. homerun. The real bat had nothing written on the knob or barrel end. This has been verified on dvd video, a Score baseball card, multiple 8x10 photo's, digital photos online, AP press/wire photos, etc...

Still a nice possibly game issued bat, and possibly used at another time. I have no interest in this bat as a seller or buyer, just providing public service information. Hope this issue doesn't keep rearing it's ugly head every year, as I feel compelled to respond to preserve the integrity of my bat.