Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrewCrewSackers
    • Jul 2009

Is Grey Flannel trustworthy???

I'm thinking of bidding on a jersey authenticated by them. I see they sell for a lot less than mlb.com's gu jerseys.
  • whatupyos
    Banned
    • Dec 2005

Re: Is Grey Flannel trustworthy???

Wish I could tell you but I'm fearful of a S and D letter from them. LOL

Comment

• BrewCrewSackers
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by whatupyos

What??

Comment

• dcrules01
        • Nov 2005

Do a search for Grey flannel there are plenty of threads about them. I think members have taking the approach buyer beware the way I have taking it in threads about them.I have never purchased anything from them personally..
        Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Comment

• mattmueller
          • Dec 2007

BrewCrew:

Welcome to the forum.

I assume that you are referencing the ebay Prince Fielder jersey offered by masauction on ebay versus the one on MLB auctions. My short answer would be that I would not place too much reliance on any LOA with a modern jersey unless it was from MLB's authentication program. Given the proliferation of team issued jerseys and the like, there is just no way for a third-party, Grey Flannel or any other company, to verify use without MLB saying it was game used. With a bit of help from others on the forum, you could probably identify the proper characteristics of the jersey to see if you can get comfortable with it.

To me, the jersey appears to have the proper neck tagging and perhaps a decent amount of dirt/use around the neck. However, the relative minty crisp look of the +3" tag would indicate that it did not get washed (or used) all that much. Perhaps somebody else could weigh in as to whether that size/sleeve length is correct with Fielder in 2007, but that seems to be about right to me.

Please feel free to email me and I can give you some additional details on the commentary elsewhere in this thread.

Matt
          email is matmuell at umich.edu

Comment

• BrewCrewSackers
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by mattmueller
            BrewCrew:

Welcome to the forum.

I assume that you are referencing the ebay Prince Fielder jersey offered by masauction on ebay versus the one on MLB auctions. My short answer would be that I would not place too much reliance on any LOA with a modern jersey unless it was from MLB's authentication program. Given the proliferation of team issued jerseys and the like, there is just no way for a third-party, Grey Flannel or any other company, to verify use without MLB saying it was game used. With a bit of help from others on the forum, you could probably identify the proper characteristics of the jersey to see if you can get comfortable with it.

To me, the jersey appears to have the proper neck tagging and perhaps a decent amount of dirt/use around the neck. However, the relative minty crisp look of the +3" tag would indicate that it did not get washed (or used) all that much. Perhaps somebody else could weigh in as to whether that size/sleeve length is correct with Fielder in 2007, but that seems to be about right to me.

Please feel free to email me and I can give you some additional details on the commentary elsewhere in this thread.

Matt
            Thanks!

Comment

• sox83cubs84
              Banned
              • Apr 2009

Shouldn't that be a C and D letter? (Cease begins with a C).

Dave M.
              Chicago area

Comment

• rj_lucas
                • Apr 2009

I think S and D would be Search and Destroy. Come to think of it, a few of the auction houses would probably like to do a little S and D on forum members who've called them out

Rick
                rickjlucas@gmail.com

Comment

• suicide_squeeze
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by rj_lucas
                  I think S and D would be Search and Destroy. Come to think of it, a few of the auction houses would probably like to do a little S and D on forum members who've called them out

Rick
                  rickjlucas@gmail.com

DOH!!!!!!

Comment

• cards-bats
                    • Aug 2006

I'm 2 for 2 in buying bad items from them. I'm not ever going back to find out about the 3rd.

Comment

Working...