PDA

View Full Version : Group of 8 game used hats for sale - Dodgers Braves Pirates Mets Giants Rockies

scooter729
07-21-2009, 11:33 AM
Hi,

I am selling a collection of 8 game-used baseball hats, from various National League teams. I have been told they all originated from the mid-1990s - early 2000s. All show nice game use and have the right taggings and markings you would expect to see. Some I can identify the players, but not all. The person I got these from said they came to him from an NL clubhouse attendant a number of years back, but he couldn't recall exactly which players on all of them. Maybe some good detective work can figure it all out?

Here's what is included and what I know:

Atlanta Braves (marked #14 visible on outside of cap, and #11 on the inside) - the 14 was worn in honor of Andres Galarraga while he was out in 1999 while battling cancer; #11 was Pascual Matos for the Braves in 1999
San Francisco Giants - Royce Clayton - autographed by Clayton
Colorado Rockies - #40 - Brian Rose
New York Mets - #6
LA Dodgers - marked #65 under the cap, and has an autograph outside the cap, but I'm not sure who it is (Jose Parra is the only one I found in this era who wore 65 for the Dodgers in 1995, but I can't make out the autograph)
Pittsburgh Pirates - #16 inside cap - Aramis Ramirez wore 16 from 1998 - 2000, but I can't guarantee it's from that era (would be nice to prove it is!)
Pittsburgh Pirates - #3 inside cap
Pittsburgh Pirates - no number inside cap

I attached a few pictures here, and let me know if you want any other specific pictures of tags or anything else.

Price for the lot is $145 delivered. I have gotten interest from a few folks in regards to breaking up the lot and selling individually; my preference is to sell as a lot, but please let me know if you are interested in a break-up in case I opt for that route.

Emails to scooter0729@yahoo.com please!

Thanks for looking...
Scott

Marichal27
07-21-2009, 02:36 PM
I just saw this on ebay yesterday.

sox83cubs84
07-21-2009, 10:02 PM
If you break the bunch up, I am interested in the Braves cap and the maybe-Aramis Ramirez cap.

Dave Miedema
ballhawk396@hotmail.com

scooter729
07-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Since there was much greater interest in individual hats, I opted to break up the lot and post on ebay individually. They are out there now; no links so as not to spam my postings!

Take care,
Scott

Vintagedeputy
07-22-2009, 02:16 PM
FYI - you can't advertise them for sale here and on ebay at the same time.

scooter729
07-22-2009, 03:35 PM
I know - I meant my posting to be my way of informing folks they are no longer for sale here, and have been posted individually on ebay. Sorry for any confusion.

Scott