PDA

View Full Version : Game used Detroit Tiger Jersey Question

ATigerFan
07-23-2009, 03:10 PM
I was wondering if there was any reason that game used Tiger jerseys from the mid 1990's-about 04 would be missing the normal Tigers set tagging. Would it be because they were recycled for springtraining or something else?
I have seen quite a few up for sale that re supposed to be team issued or game used without the set tagging.

jppopma
07-23-2009, 10:02 PM
Most likely extras. The spring training jerseys will have the tagging along with a "ST" on them. The recycled Tiger's jerseys usually will have inventory numbers handwritten in black marker on the tags (sometimes more than one if reissued over and over).

Alot of the ones on Ebay were purchased in large lots from the Tigers. Unfortunately, as good as Marc is with getting things onto the market...he can't answer about jerseys that had been stored before he was doing the authentics. He sent out large lists of jerseys that were found in various storage lockers....who put them there, if they were all gamers, or the rest of the story is unknown.

I'd play it safe and stick with the ones that are properly tagged. Also beware of many of these jerseys from the lot purchases that have had number changes.

ATigerFan
07-24-2009, 06:09 AM
Thanks For the info.
I should of included a link of what jerseys I was talking about. Here it is
http://www.kevinsavagecards.com/catalog.aspx

sox83cubs84
07-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Thanks For the info.
I should of included a link of what jerseys I was talking about. Here it is
http://www.kevinsavagecards.com/catalog.aspx

These were among the bulk purchases of Tigers jerseys made over the last couple of years.

Kevin is an honest guy, but he is not a jersey expert...cards are his specialty. He wouldn't knowingly screw anybody, but there are certain things we as GU enthusiasts would know to look for that he may not (although I have seen him identify number changes and missing patches in some of his eBay writeups.). If there is a problem, I'd feel safe saying that he would work things out.

Dave M.
Chicago area

ATigerFan
07-24-2009, 01:02 PM
These were among the bulk purchases of Tigers jerseys made over the last couple of years.

Kevin is an honest guy, but he is not a jersey expert...cards are his specialty. He wouldn't knowingly screw anybody, but there are certain things we as GU enthusiasts would know to look for that he may not (although I have seen him identify number changes and missing patches in some of his eBay writeups.). If there is a problem, I'd feel safe saying that he would work things out.

Dave M.
Chicago area

I was just looking for everybodies thoughts on the jerseys up for sale.
I didn't think he was being dishonest in his description. I think I have bought from him before on ebay if I remember right.
Thanks for imput everybody

jppopma
07-27-2009, 10:31 PM
Note that on his auction link, he does not list any of those jerseys as game used or game worn. There may be something behind the wording, because Kevin does a pretty good job on Ebay listings. Like Dave mentioned, he is a good guy and I'm sure he would be able to give you an honest answer to anything you are looking into. Who knows, he may have more than one jersey for whoever you are looking for (just not listed yet).