Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • allstarsplus
    • Nov 2005

Pujols & his Holliday

Pujols may hit 70 HRs with Matt Holliday batting behind him!!!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500
  • AWA85
    • Jan 2008

Re: Pujols & his Holliday

If DeRosa stays healthy, that batting order has become pretty strong.

Must be nice having a team that makes moves to strengthen a ball club.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• Dewey2007
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by allstarsplus
      Great for Pujols bad for Jason Giambi. He may never get his batting average over .200 this season without Holliday hitting behind him.

It sucks my A's can't keep guys like Holliday because of high salaries. Anyone need a shortstop? I think Orlando Cabrera is the next guy on the trading block.
      sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com

Comment

• CampWest
        • May 2008

Great trade for the A's to get Wallace for a guy they weren't going to sign next year anyways... Wallace could be a great acquisition.
        sigpic
        Wes Campbell

Comment

• rj_lucas
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by allstarsplus
          Well, let's hope he hits 74, so we can remove the asterisk.

Rick
          rickjlucas@gmail.com

Comment

• Birdbats
            • Nov 2005

Holiday not only will protect Albert, but he also represents a massive upgrade in left field, which has not been productive this season. Beyond that, moving Wallace tells me that the team is serious about extending Albert. Wallace isn't a great defensive 3B, though he has a great stick. I see him at 1B or DH eventually and believe Wallace would have replaced Albert at first if Albert left. Really don't think they'd have traded Wallace if they thought they couldn't re-sign Albert. Just my uneducated fan's opinion.

Now, what am I supposed to do with this Brett Wallace spring training jersey that I just got signed during ASG week?

Jeff Scott
            birdbats@charter.net
            http://www.birdbats.com

Comment

• athletics61
              • Mar 2006

I was so excited for our lineup in Oakland at the start of the season. The lack of hitting by my Athletics most of the season has been demoralizing. I believe a complete overhaul may be forthcoming.

I feel like I did twelve years ago when we traded Mark McGwire away.

But I will always bleed green and gold......

It will be interesting to see what Holliday's equipment sells for at the next fanfest next year.

Don

Comment

• nationals2k9
                • Sep 2008

PronouncedPOO-holes

Comment

• geoff
                  • Nov 2005

That Lineup gets a Huge Boost and now is a Major Contender in my mind.Pujols and Holliday will be a great Duo.

Comment

• ironmanfan
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by geoff
                    That Lineup gets a Huge Boost and now is a Major Contender in my mind.Pujols and Holliday will be a great Duo.
                    Just like Cal Ripken Jr. & Glenn Davis

Comment

• Birdbats
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by nationals2k9
                      Pronounced POO-holes
                      Somebody's been reading his media guide.
                      Jeff Scott
                      birdbats@charter.net
                      http://www.birdbats.com

Comment

• Mauer7
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2008

I thought it was pronounced POOP-Holes.

Comment

• whatupyos
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Dewey2007
                          Great for Pujols bad for Jason Giambi. He may never get his batting average over .200 this season without Holliday hitting behind him.

It sucks my A's can't keep guys like Holliday because of high salaries. Anyone need a shortstop? I think Orlando Cabrera is the next guy on the trading block.

Dude, I'm a lifelong A's fan. I have reached my breaking point with that team. They are....I mean were like my second family. I've been going to games there since I was 5. I'm not 28 and sick of their crap. I've been with them through thick and thin but the organization is wearing on me. I hear the owner is one of the 3-4 richest owners in the game (weather that's true or not, I dont know but that's what I've heard) and it pisses me off that he wont spend money. He's got enough to own a soccer team too and no one cares about soccer. NOBODY!! haha. If I were just from another planet and I looked at the A's, I'd think that Billy Beane was the owner how Mr. Wolfe just lets him do what he wants, or so it seems.

Am I the only A's fan who thinks Beane is a POS? I was at spring training this year standing 8 feet from him and it took all my energy to keep from tackling him...haha. I just can't stand the guy. I hate Money ball and living and dying by the 3-run jimmy jack. I like NL's style of ball. I love how the Angels play but hate the team. Small ball wins games. So what....the A's went to the playoffs for 4 years in a row....and they got swept in the ALDS 4 times in a row. 0-12 in games after they won the first 2.....is that not pathetic of what?? Thats borderline Buffalo Bills sh*t. (Sorry Bills fans, you know its true though) BILLS=Boy I Love Losing Superbowls.....

I'm going to be moving out of state soon so I'll be looking for a new team to root for. This organization has soured my the last few years. Read my thread about how I got cheated out of a Travis Buck game used jersey (JR #42) at their auction last year and their response was to do nothing. They used to be a class act organization when the Haas family owned them. Now they're just a bunch of crap people running the joint in my opinion. Its sad. You're not going to put out a great product trying to fun a business without spending cash. So now my quest begins to find a new favorite baseball team. Any suggestions?

(disclaimer) These statements are my, and my opinion only. I respect all the diehard A's fans here but I'm fed up.

Aaron

Comment

• cigarman44
                            • Aug 2007

Holliday just said after the game he used Wellemeyer's cleats and DeRosa's batting gloves.

Comment

• Billyu40
                              • Oct 2007

Cigarman thanks for that. I was just wondering whose cleats he was using. He is normally a Nike guy.

Comment

Working...