PDA

View Full Version : Pujols & his Holliday

allstarsplus
07-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Pujols may hit 70 HRs with Matt Holliday batting behind him!!!

AWA85
07-24-2009, 12:50 PM
If DeRosa stays healthy, that batting order has become pretty strong.

Must be nice having a team that makes moves to strengthen a ball club. :rolleyes:

Dewey2007
07-24-2009, 01:10 PM

Great for Pujols bad for Jason Giambi. He may never get his batting average over .200 this season without Holliday hitting behind him.

It sucks my A's can't keep guys like Holliday because of high salaries. Anyone need a shortstop? I think Orlando Cabrera is the next guy on the trading block.

CampWest
07-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Great trade for the A's to get Wallace for a guy they weren't going to sign next year anyways... Wallace could be a great acquisition.

rj_lucas
07-24-2009, 02:00 PM

Well, let's hope he hits 74, so we can remove the asterisk.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

Birdbats
07-24-2009, 02:58 PM
Holiday not only will protect Albert, but he also represents a massive upgrade in left field, which has not been productive this season. Beyond that, moving Wallace tells me that the team is serious about extending Albert. Wallace isn't a great defensive 3B, though he has a great stick. I see him at 1B or DH eventually and believe Wallace would have replaced Albert at first if Albert left. Really don't think they'd have traded Wallace if they thought they couldn't re-sign Albert. Just my uneducated fan's opinion.

Now, what am I supposed to do with this Brett Wallace spring training jersey that I just got signed during ASG week?

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w232/birdbats/Jerseys/DCP07904.jpg

athletics61
07-24-2009, 03:20 PM
I was so excited for our lineup in Oakland at the start of the season. The lack of hitting by my Athletics most of the season has been demoralizing. I believe a complete overhaul may be forthcoming.

I feel like I did twelve years ago when we traded Mark McGwire away.

But I will always bleed green and gold......

It will be interesting to see what Holliday's equipment sells for at the next fanfest next year.

Don

nationals2k9
07-24-2009, 03:54 PM
PronouncedPOO-holes

geoff
07-24-2009, 04:01 PM
That Lineup gets a Huge Boost and now is a Major Contender in my mind.Pujols and Holliday will be a great Duo.

ironmanfan
07-24-2009, 04:03 PM
That Lineup gets a Huge Boost and now is a Major Contender in my mind.Pujols and Holliday will be a great Duo.

Just like Cal Ripken Jr. & Glenn Davis :)

Birdbats
07-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Pronounced POO-holes

Somebody's been reading his media guide. :D

Mauer7
07-24-2009, 04:13 PM
I thought it was pronounced POOP-Holes.

whatupyos
07-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Great for Pujols bad for Jason Giambi. He may never get his batting average over .200 this season without Holliday hitting behind him.

It sucks my A's can't keep guys like Holliday because of high salaries. Anyone need a shortstop? I think Orlando Cabrera is the next guy on the trading block.

Dude, I'm a lifelong A's fan. I have reached my breaking point with that team. They are....I mean were like my second family. I've been going to games there since I was 5. I'm not 28 and sick of their crap. I've been with them through thick and thin but the organization is wearing on me. I hear the owner is one of the 3-4 richest owners in the game (weather that's true or not, I dont know but that's what I've heard) and it pisses me off that he wont spend money. He's got enough to own a soccer team too and no one cares about soccer. NOBODY!! haha. If I were just from another planet and I looked at the A's, I'd think that Billy Beane was the owner how Mr. Wolfe just lets him do what he wants, or so it seems.

Am I the only A's fan who thinks Beane is a POS? I was at spring training this year standing 8 feet from him and it took all my energy to keep from tackling him...haha. I just can't stand the guy. I hate Money ball and living and dying by the 3-run jimmy jack. I like NL's style of ball. I love how the Angels play but hate the team. Small ball wins games. So what....the A's went to the playoffs for 4 years in a row....and they got swept in the ALDS 4 times in a row. 0-12 in games after they won the first 2.....is that not pathetic of what?? Thats borderline Buffalo Bills sh*t. (Sorry Bills fans, you know its true though) BILLS=Boy I Love Losing Superbowls.....

I'm going to be moving out of state soon so I'll be looking for a new team to root for. This organization has soured my the last few years. Read my thread about how I got cheated out of a Travis Buck game used jersey (JR #42) at their auction last year and their response was to do nothing. They used to be a class act organization when the Haas family owned them. Now they're just a bunch of crap people running the joint in my opinion. Its sad. You're not going to put out a great product trying to fun a business without spending cash. So now my quest begins to find a new favorite baseball team. Any suggestions?

(disclaimer) These statements are my, and my opinion only. I respect all the diehard A's fans here but I'm fed up.

Aaron

cigarman44
07-24-2009, 09:52 PM
Holliday just said after the game he used Wellemeyer's cleats and DeRosa's batting gloves.

Billyu40
07-24-2009, 10:35 PM
Cigarman thanks for that. I was just wondering whose cleats he was using. He is normally a Nike guy.

suicide_squeeze
07-24-2009, 11:33 PM
Dude, I'm a lifelong A's fan. I have reached my breaking point with that team. They are....I mean were like my second family. I've been going to games there since I was 5. I'm not 28 and sick of their crap. I've been with them through thick and thin but the organization is wearing on me. I hear the owner is one of the 3-4 richest owners in the game (weather that's true or not, I dont know but that's what I've heard) and it pisses me off that he wont spend money. He's got enough to own a soccer team too and no one cares about soccer. NOBODY!! haha. If I were just from another planet and I looked at the A's, I'd think that Billy Beane was the owner how Mr. Wolfe just lets him do what he wants, or so it seems.

Am I the only A's fan who thinks Beane is a POS? I was at spring training this year standing 8 feet from him and it took all my energy to keep from tackling him...haha. I just can't stand the guy. I hate Money ball and living and dying by the 3-run jimmy jack. I like NL's style of ball. I love how the Angels play but hate the team. Small ball wins games. So what....the A's went to the playoffs for 4 years in a row....and they got swept in the ALDS 4 times in a row. 0-12 in games after they won the first 2.....is that not pathetic of what?? Thats borderline Buffalo Bills sh*t. (Sorry Bills fans, you know its true though) BILLS=Boy I Love Losing Superbowls.....

I'm going to be moving out of state soon so I'll be looking for a new team to root for. This organization has soured my the last few years. Read my thread about how I got cheated out of a Travis Buck game used jersey (JR #42) at their auction last year and their response was to do nothing. They used to be a class act organization when the Haas family owned them. Now they're just a bunch of crap people running the joint in my opinion. Its sad. You're not going to put out a great product trying to fun a business without spending cash. So now my quest begins to find a new favorite baseball team. Any suggestions?

(disclaimer) These statements are my, and my opinion only. I respect all the diehard A's fans here but I'm fed up.

Aaron

Aaron........GREAT POST!! Cheers, buddy....http://messenger.msn.com/MMM2006-04-19_17.00/Resource/emoticons/beer_mug.gif

I agree. The A's have become the American League version of the Pittsburgh Pirates. They try to develope young talent, and as soon as they have, they trade them off for pitching. Then, after developing a great pitching staff who are due pay raises, they ship them off for young prospects. And, while all of this is going down, Billy occasionally brings in a big star to make it appear the team cares about winning. All the time, ownership is laughing all the way to the bank.

But the fans, as so indicated by you, are growing tired of the charade. The A's are going nowhere fast.

But to all of you singing the praises of the Cardinal deal in getting Holliday to protect Poo-Frioles, or however you pronounce it, just remember one thing......

The road to the World Series this year goes through LOS ANGELES, and there is ONE HELLOVA road block in the way called the DODGERS.:)

whatupyos
07-25-2009, 02:09 AM
Aaron........GREAT POST!! Cheers, buddy....http://messenger.msn.com/MMM2006-04-19_17.00/Resource/emoticons/beer_mug.gif

I agree. The A's have become the American League version of the Pittsburgh Pirates. They try to develope young talent, and as soon as they have, they trade them off for pitching. Then, after developing a great pitching staff who are due pay raises, they ship them off for young prospects. And, while all of this is going down, Billy occasionally brings in a big star to make it appear the team cares about winning. All the time, ownership is laughing all the way to the bank.

But the fans, as so indicated by you, are growing tired of the charade. The A's are going nowhere fast.

But to all of you singing the praises of the Cardinal deal in getting Holliday to protect Poo-Frioles, or however you pronounce it, just remember one thing......

The road to the World Series this year goes through LOS ANGELES, and there is ONE HELLOVA road block in the way called the DODGERS.:)

Poo-Frioles....I love it!!! That's awesome. haha. Thanks for your thoughts. I apologize to all members for my rant and very poor grammar. I was on my soap box and forgot to proof read before I submitted. Boy....an edit button sure would be great on this thing.....guess its not in the cards. Anywho, I do think the Dodgers will be a force this year. Maybe I'll become a Dodger fan, lol.....no can't I'm still in pain from 1988. Kirk Gibson limping around the bases still haunts my dreams.

Aaron

OaklandAsFan
07-25-2009, 03:42 PM

G is done for the year. He isn't even with the team right now, he went home to Vegas.