PDA

View Full Version : Pujols friend at the HR Derby

allstarsplus
07-24-2009, 09:45 PM
I was able to zoom in on the tagging on this jersey. What do you think this is all about?

TFig27
07-24-2009, 09:50 PM
Who cares about the tagging, zoom in on the haircut :D

Vintagedeputy
07-24-2009, 09:55 PM
That was the guy who was toweling off Pujols' head.

In prison, they have names for guys like that.....

metsbats
07-24-2009, 09:56 PM
Looks like Albert had special jerseys made for the All star game. Wonder if Albert himself was wearing one?

metsbats
07-24-2009, 09:58 PM
Reminiscent of some of those late 80's Strawberry or Gooden Mets home white pinstripe All Star jerseys we've all seen before..

allstarsplus
07-24-2009, 10:14 PM
Who cares about the tagging, zoom in on the haircut :D

You got it!!!

both-teams-played-hard
07-24-2009, 11:34 PM
That was the guy who was toweling off Pujols' head.

In prison, they have names for guys like that.....

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7127/maytaghatcolor.jpg

Birdbats
07-25-2009, 09:40 AM
Didn't each player have a fan "attached" to them who would win something if their hitter won the HR Derby? Could this be Pujols' designated fan? Would be surprised if Albert has many personal friends who would wear that haircut.

cigarman44
07-25-2009, 09:46 AM
Didn't each player have a fan "attached" to them who would win something if their hitter won the HR Derby? Could this be Pujols' designated fan? Would be surprised if Albert has many personal friends who would wear that haircut.

I think they showed all the fans that were attached to the players, and they were all kids like 11-15 if I remember correctly.

suave1477
07-25-2009, 09:52 AM
They were't nescerraily fans I beleive they each had a kid from the boys and girls club attachted to them.

As far as that guy, isn't he the same guy who was with Albert Last time I even think he was the guy with Ortiz when Ortiz handed Guerrero the bat at the last Home Run Derby he was at.

BUT WHY WOULD YOU TAKE A PICTURE OF 2 BATS LEANING ON PUJOLS'S BAT???????????:D

allstarsplus
07-25-2009, 10:32 AM
They were't nescerraily fans I beleive they each had a kid from the boys and girls club attachted to them.

As far as that guy, isn't he the same guy who was with Albert Last time I even think he was the guy with Ortiz when Ortiz handed Guerrero the bat at the last Home Run Derby he was at.

BUT WHY WOULD YOU TAKE A PICTURE OF 2 BATS LEANING ON PUJOLS'S BAT???????????:D

Those are actually background photos as I cropped them as the subject in the photo was Ryan Howard at the plate.

I was going through photos and noticed that guy in the background of another photo and cropped on the tagging.

I took over 600 photos on the HR Derby. It is cool what you can find in the background. I got some great photos of Erin Andrews in some of the photos too as she is everywhere.

BaseballGM
07-25-2009, 11:36 AM
I got some great photos of Erin Andrews in some of the photos too as she is everywhere.

Ah ha - so you are the one ESPN investigators are looking for! :eek: :D :D

allstarsplus
07-25-2009, 12:11 PM
I was on the 3rd base dugout where ESPN was set up so Erin is in the foreground of many of the photos. Got to talk to her too, very nice. My favorite pics were where she was showing the foul ball that hit her the week before.

mattmueller
07-25-2009, 04:47 PM
To the original question, what up with that tagging? I am not an all star jersey expert by any stretch. However, that is very similar to the tagging present on the 1999 McGwire All Star game jersey that was in the Hunt AS Game auction. So perhaps that is either tagging for AS game jerseys, or maybe Cards AS game jerseys? Hopefully somebody more familiar with either could comment.

http://www.huntauctions.com/live/imageviewer_allstar.cfm?auction_num=12&lot_num=332&lot_qual=

Matt

rj_lucas
07-25-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm guessing it's the mysterious cousin that Albert gave all of his High School and College bats to. All 800 of them. Every one signed.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

vsrg
07-25-2009, 10:34 PM
Apparently, the Cardinals equipment manager has those tags put in to each All Star's jersey. It was mentioned back in 2007 on Paul Lukas' Uniwatch blog, along with a photo:

"Here’s a nice little detail that nobody would normally know about: The Cardinals’ equipment manager arranged to have special patches (http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1405/793226335_91de0d25d3_b.jpg) sewn onto the shirttails of the Cardinals players and coaches attending the All-Star Game. This is a sample run of the patches."

Not sure if any other teams do this, but it is a nice touch, in my opinion...
Rick

allstarsplus
07-25-2009, 11:23 PM
Apparently, the Cardinals equipment manager has those tags put in to each All Star's jersey. It was mentioned back in 2007 on Paul Lukas' Uniwatch blog, along with a photo:

"Here’s a nice little detail that nobody would normally know about: The Cardinals’ equipment manager arranged to have special patches (http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1405/793226335_91de0d25d3_b.jpg) sewn onto the shirttails of the Cardinals players and coaches attending the All-Star Game. This is a sample run of the patches."

Not sure if any other teams do this, but it is a nice touch, in my opinion...
Rick

That is great info. thanks!

So is the "mohawk" guys jersey considered game used? LOL

70to66
07-26-2009, 04:17 PM
I was in the national league club house the morning of the HR derby and that jersey was not in Alberts locker. The smaller national league jersey his son had on was hanging next to Alberts at his locker. I took a picture of some of the players lockers and Alberts was one of them.

Billyu40
07-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Im not sure if anyone else saw this but MLB network started their coverage early in the day. It included showing the team photos after BP. Right before the team photos a rep from MLB came on the field and handed each player their jerseys for player to put on. Harold Reynolds was wearing Hanley Ramirez while he was doing an interview and I didnt see any tags. They also showed Pujols quite a bit because he was running late for the photo and I dont remember his jersey having a tag or having the tail cut like his normal jerseys. I dont know if these were the same jerseys used for the game or just jerseys for the photo. I really wish I would have recorded this.

Billyu40
07-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Check out Getty image 89132289

This was after the playes got their jerseys for the photo. You can see Albert tucking his in in the back ground.

camarokids
07-26-2009, 05:31 PM