PDA

View Full Version : Mark Fidrych game used cap

zappa99
07-25-2009, 07:46 PM
Hello I am new here. I am a social worker who runs the SCMH dental fund (we provide dental services to people with developmental disabilities who can't afford it). Last summer I received a game used 1976 KM Mark Fidryck cap with a letter from him plus some 8X10s and a coloring book signed by the bird and the original envelpe with his return address I would guess he sent this out him self. I am not sure how to markrt it usaually everything is sold at our golf scramble, but I am afraid I wont get a good retail price for it. (Please dont think Im being greedy because this is my first post.) He has donated to us for the last five years and I have talked to him on the phone. Mark was the most down to earth guy I ever dealt with.

zappa99
07-25-2009, 09:15 PM
any help?

ironmanfan
07-25-2009, 09:25 PM
can you please post a photo or two (exterior/interior) of the hat?

Legitimate Fidrych game used items are rarely found (primarily due to a career that was cut short).

joelsabi
07-25-2009, 09:28 PM
how recently did you talk to him?

skyking26
07-25-2009, 10:03 PM
Hello I am new here. I am a social worker who runs the SCMH dental fund (we provide dental services to people with developmental disabilities who can't afford it). Last summer I received a game used 1976 KM Mark Fidryck cap with a letter from him plus some 8X10s and a coloring book signed by the bird and the original envelpe with his return address I would guess he sent this out him self. I am not sure how to markrt it usaually everything is sold at our golf scramble, but I am afraid I wont get a good retail price for it. (Please dont think Im being greedy because this is my first post.) He has donated to us for the last five years and I have talked to him on the phone. Mark was the most down to earth guy I ever dealt with.
Email me personally skyking442@hotmail.com

ironmanfan
07-26-2009, 12:20 AM

If indeed the hat is genuine, my suggestion would be to consign with one of the better memorabilia auction houses (i.e. Hunt, Lelands, etc.) to maximize the funds return on it........Sounds like a great item (looking forward to pictures)!!

yankees159
07-26-2009, 07:28 AM
This very forum also has auctions. Why not send it here, you used it to reach collectors?

ironmanfan
07-26-2009, 08:31 AM
This very forum also has auctions. Why not send it here, you used it to reach collectors?

That's a great point....When is the next auction here?

hblakewolf
07-26-2009, 09:13 AM
That's a great point....When is the next auction here?

According to the full page Game Used Universe ad in the July 31 issue of Sports Collectors Digest, the next auction closes on 10-22-09.

Odd that there is a full page ad in SCD yet not a mention of this auction or consignment information on this site:confused: ?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

zappa99
07-26-2009, 11:00 AM
The last time I talked to him was last fall, he was a hell of a nice guy, I don't think he ever had a publicist, as with most things we get for our auctions are through someone else, everything he ever sent us was in an manila envelope with his handwriting for the address and return address.

Thanks for all your help in answering my questions. I need to get some new batteries for my camera, but as soon as I get a chance I will post some pics.

Tigerfan
07-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Hi,
please send me email address.
Thanks,
Bob

David
07-29-2009, 02:15 AM
For board members who don't know, SCMH is a Michigan hospital-- Schoolcraft Memorial Hospital.