PDA

View Full Version : Alameda Sports Exhibit Virutal Tour

Dewey2007
07-25-2009, 10:03 PM
**If you live in the Bay Area and want to come and check out the exhibit stop right here**

OK, I've posted recently about the Alameda Sports Exhibit that I helped to coordinate and I wanted to share some photos of the exhibit with the forum. It has been a lot of fun sharing my collection with the public and the response we've gotten from folks so far has been great. Dontrelle Willis's mom came by today and she loved it. Overall it's been a great experience. I didn't take these with the greatest camera but I hope you enjoy the pics.

Best,
Dewey

Dewey2007
07-25-2009, 10:08 PM
more photos...

Dewey2007
07-25-2009, 10:10 PM
last couple...

joelsabi
07-26-2009, 02:10 AM
last couple...

nice work. looks like you are making great progress. the displays look awesome.

G1X
07-26-2009, 10:57 AM
Dewey,

Excellent exhibit! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for Atlanta Falcons and WFL uniforms

joelsabi
07-26-2009, 11:27 AM
what has been the reaction of the visitors to the museum.

what items are most interesting/popular with visitors?

Dewey2007
07-26-2009, 11:50 AM
what has been the reaction of the visitors to the museum.

what items are most interesting/popular with visitors?

I have been hanging out at the museum on the weekends and peoples reactions have been great. They are amazed at the amount of memorabilia that we have of our local sports legends and are thankful that we put the exhibit together. It's seems to have brought back a lot of memories for people for different reasons. Seeing old classmates, friends, and family members being honored is special to a lot of people. Dontrelle's mom got a kick out of the little league baseball card we had of her son. She said she hadn't seen that in years and that he would get a kick out of it too.

I can't say for sure what items have been most interesting/popular but folks seem to like the jerseys I think just for their display quailty.