PDA

View Full Version : A-ROD Turn Ahead the Clock JErsey

ziggy
07-26-2009, 01:29 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Alex-Rodriguez-Autographed-Game-Worn-1998-TATC-Jersey_W0QQitemZ320404220330QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a999469aa&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A10%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C29 4%3A50

It does not look like the same jersey that are in the photos. The "3" does not seem to have same placement compared to the picture of A-Rod wearing it.

Anyone else agree or disagree?

suave1477
07-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Besides the number not matching up. The Autograph doesn't appear to be real either.

But maybe 3arod13 can help out on this?

jobathenut
07-26-2009, 11:30 PM
Yeah,i have to agree that the jersey seems a little off to me from the one of him wearing it.The number #3 does'nt seem to match the same location.It could just be the camera angle.But even the middle star (or whatever that is)seems to be thicker than the one that the seller is selling.But again that could be the angle of the picture.And as far as the autograph.I have two signed alex rodriguez items.I have a mini batting helmet i bought and a baseball that i got signed in-person myself and that autograph does not look like either of mine.But then mine were in his current yankee days and this one was before that.And i'm sure his autograph has changed threw the seasons.:)

jetersbatboy
07-27-2009, 11:21 PM
This jersey was offered on the forum before.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=17079&highlight=arod+futuristic+jersey

kylehess10
07-28-2009, 04:41 AM
I informed the seller about the placement of the "3" and I got this response:

"Hi Kyle
Thank you for pointing this out to me, I had never bought
anything with the intent to sell it but to hand down to my boys
some day, with that being said I will need to now go back to the
company if they are still in business to find out why the jersey
appears to be different.. so I again say thanks for the heads up,
I would never want to knowingly pass this on to someone else.
Eddie"

joelsabi
07-28-2009, 10:37 AM

"Hi Kyle
Eddie"

Can you make out from the small photo what was the name of the company?

Masimen
07-28-2009, 11:05 AM
On a side note. I was actually at that game. You could bid on the jerseys there at the game in a silent Auction.

joelsabi
07-28-2009, 02:04 PM
On a side note. I was actually at that game. You could bid on the jerseys there at the game in a silent Auction.

hi masimen,

i know it was a long time ago but could you try to answer these questions. thanks in advance.

did they announce the silent auction during the game?

did you notice if the public announcer mentioned when the auction was over? sometimes its by the end of the 6th inning during the 7th inning stretch

did you notice if the players changed jersey at any point of the game? i notice in some photos griffey had his jersey tucked in and then other tucked out.

did you notice if you any one in the stands wearing these funky jerseys?

thanks

Masimen
07-28-2009, 02:26 PM
hi masimen,

i know it was a long time ago but could you try to answer these questions. thanks in advance.

did they announce the silent auction during the game?

did you notice if the public announcer mentioned when the auction was over? sometimes its by the end of the 6th inning during the 7th inning stretch

did you notice if the players changed jersey at any point of the game? i notice in some photos griffey had his jersey tucked in and then other tucked out.

did you notice if you any one in the stands wearing these funky jerseys?

thanks

Hey Joel,
I just emailed you but will put my responses up here for the rest of the forum to see.

-They did not announce the winners after the game. They basically had a little table set up on the concourse and you went and filled out your bid for the appropriate player and they were to contact you at a later date, I believe.

-I am fairly certain you were able to place bids throughout the entire game.

-Not sure about them changing Jerseys. I did not notice as they would have changed into the same style jerseys. The only odd thing I noticed was that the Mariners were allowed to wear their caps backwards and the Royals were not. I happened to be in Seattle that day and I had a friend who worked in the front office for the Royals. He was the one who told me his guys had to wear their caps properly.

-They were certainly selling the TATC hats, but I am not sure about the Jerseys. It was a long time ago. I would have to assume from a marketing standpoint though that they would have sold Jerseys as well.

joelsabi
07-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Hey Joel,
I just emailed you but will put my responses up here for the rest of the forum to see.

-They did not announce the winners after the game. They basically had a little table set up on the concourse and you went and filled out your bid for the appropriate player and they were to contact you at a later date, I believe.

-I am fairly certain you were able to place bids throughout the entire game.

-Not sure about them changing Jerseys. I did not notice as they would have changed into the same style jerseys. The only odd thing I noticed was that the Mariners were allowed to wear their caps backwards and the Royals were not. I happened to be in Seattle that day and I had a friend who worked in the front office for the Royals. He was the one who told me his guys had to wear their caps properly.

-They were certainly selling the TATC hats, but I am not sure about the Jerseys. It was a long time ago. I would have to assume from a marketing standpoint though that they would have sold Jerseys as well.

steve,

thanks for getting back to me. i did read that they gave away hats to the first 20000 to the game.

anyone know if they sold these jerseys retail too?

MarinersFan34
07-28-2009, 09:27 PM
No idea if they were sold retail but I have not seen any blank ones for sale.

I own one of these jerseys and bought mine directly from the team a number of years ago. I would be curious to know what the inside tag looks like since these are Majestics. Also seeing some better quality and larger photos would be nice as well.

The seller has been on here before so maybe they can provide some new details as well as who supplied the COA, even then, it's just a COA and doesn't mean the jersey is real or fake.

The picture of Arod wearing the jersey and smiling, it appears that the larger part of the compass rose is outlined in black.

The jersey I bought form the team does not have a black outline on the larger part of the compass rose. Could be that at least 2 sets were made? 1 for the game, 1 for auction?

The link to the uni-watch discussing the uniforms plus photos. Click Here (http://www.uniwatchblog.com/?p=577)

*Looking at the 2 photos of Jay Buhner and Dan Wilson in the comments on the helmets, shows what I mean by it appearing to have an outline.

joelsabi
07-28-2009, 11:13 PM
No idea if they were sold retail but I have not seen any blank ones for sale.

I own one of these jerseys and bought mine directly from the team a number of years ago. I would be curious to know what the inside tag looks like since these are Majestics. Also seeing some better quality and larger photos would be nice as well.

The seller has been on here before so maybe they can provide some new details as well as who supplied the COA, even then, it's just a COA and doesn't mean the jersey is real or fake.

The picture of Arod wearing the jersey and smiling, it appears that the larger part of the compass rose is outlined in black.

The jersey I bought form the team does not have a black outline on the larger part of the compass rose. Could be that at least 2 sets were made? 1 for the game, 1 for auction?

The link to the uni-watch discussing the uniforms plus photos. Click Here (http://www.uniwatchblog.com/?p=577)

*Looking at the 2 photos of Jay Buhner and Dan Wilson in the comments on the helmets, shows what I mean by it appearing to have an outline.

hey jeremy

are you talking about the black lines that separates the inside of the baseball and also before the white online around the entire logo? (see buhner photo)

in contrast, i dont see a black outline on this #35 jersey.

MarinersFan34
07-28-2009, 11:35 PM
Yea, I think in the buhner photo it looks like there is a black outline going around the points of the red/grey areas. It also almost looks like there could also be 3 color numbers, white/black/red. It could be the grainy photos? I'm not sure.

To me, in the Arod photo below it looks like the larger part of the star is outlined in black just before the white outline.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1101/990486804_bf73f1971c_o.jpg

btw, that #35 is my jersey and I really need to lay it flat on a table and get a better picture of it.

joelsabi
07-29-2009, 08:13 PM

"Hi Kyle
Eddie"

The seller has stopped the sale of the jersey and is trying to contact the company from where the jersey came from. Hopefully information on the company on the COA is forthcoming.

perlman9
05-26-2010, 10:28 PM
I am talking with someone who has an A-Rod turn ahead the clock game worn and signed jersey with COA. I am still researching but curious as to value of the item? What is neat as a-rod signed it "game worn 2077" since it was a future jersey. The pics sent were pretty small so trying to get larger images. But any help would be great. thanks!

NeonStatus
05-26-2010, 10:32 PM
Sounds like a neat jersey. I am not sure of the value of it, but I am sure someone who collects Yankees or Rodriguez gear will come in and help you out.

kylehess10
08-22-2010, 02:03 PM
I know this jersey has been discussed before.

The seller posted a screenshot of A-Rod wearing his TATC jersey which was showing a big difference with the logo placement on the front, so I questioned him, and all he does is ignore my question and remove the screenshot from the auction so others don't see!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Game-Used-Alex-Rodriguez-Mariners-Signed-Jersy-AROD_W0QQitemZ150479670427QQcategoryZ60597QQcmdZVi ewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m8QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DMW%26it s%3DC%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D5%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D62 18702468105021870

joelsabi
08-22-2010, 06:54 PM
I know this jersey has been discussed before.

The seller posted a screenshot of A-Rod wearing his TATC jersey which was showing a big difference with the logo placement on the front, so I questioned him, and all he does is ignore my question and remove the screenshot from the auction so others don't see!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Game-Used-Alex-Rodriguez-Mariners-Signed-Jersy-AROD_W0QQitemZ150479670427QQcategoryZ60597QQcmdZVi ewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m8QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DMW%26it s%3DC%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D5%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D62 18702468105021870

Description says 29th homerun of his career. Should be for the season.

hippo916
08-22-2010, 07:24 PM
The Giants sold replica TATC jerseys in the Dugout Stores. But I did not buy one so I have no information about tagging. IMHO, since the Giants sold replicas, it would probably be fair to assume that other teams, including the Mariners, also sold replicas. It would also be fair to assume that there was a second set given to the players.

MarinersFan34
01-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Did anyone here happen to save any of the photos from the Arod auction that was posted in this (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=15511) TATC thread? Looking for the picture of the front of course, where the number placement was questioned. Thanks.