PDA

View Full Version : Just received a few of my "grails"

Masimen
07-26-2009, 02:52 PM
As many of you know, John Taube recently sent out a large list of Yanks bats. I picked up a hand full. I have been trying to complete every position player from the 98-00 Yanks. There are a few that are nearly impossible to find and that I have been searching for since those guys were on the team. I was resigned to the fact that that I would never see let alone own a Mike Figga, Felix Jose or Chris Turner. Below is my take of hard to find guys from those years . Funny how my Holy Grails are guys most people have never heard of. The Bellinger, Polonia and Kelly bats aren't as rare, but not very plentiful from those years.

markize
07-26-2009, 03:22 PM
Steve,

they finally arrived! I was wondering when they would be showcased here on the forum. Great use on the Kelly, and Figga too. Are those Steiner stickers on them? Great haul on some tough to find bats.

Mark

Masimen
07-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Thanks Mark! As you know I ordered them a 2-3 weeks ago, but I have been on tour, so Taube held them for me till I got back. Those are indeed Steiner stickers. Yes, the Figga is Pounded, I am assuming it saw some BP because they guy really didn't have many at bats, and obviously the Jose is a BP bat, but I don't really care, I am just over the moon that I was actually able to obtain them.

Now if anyone has a Tony Tarasco, Ryan Thompson or Lance Johnson Yanks bat, find me!

karamaxjoe
07-27-2009, 07:57 AM
Masimen - Didn't you used to have a Pierzynski Mothers Day bat for sale?

Masimen
07-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Hey Mike, I still have that bat. Email me at masimen@aol.com