PDA

View Full Version : Boxes for shipping bats, hockey sticks

Number9
07-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Have run out of boxes but am still selling bats.

Are those triangle-shaped Priority Mail boxes that I see a lot of people use free at the Post Office? I have never seen them laid out at my post office like the free 'jersey' boxes etc.

Where else can you get boxes that will work? I checked my local Mail Room store and local Staples today and the cheapest they have are $4.99 tubes and I can't see absorbing that cost, or passing it on to the buyer on top of shipping.

Any cheaper options?

THANKS

Mike

PS, Same with hockey sticks. Where do you guys get your boxes to ship sticks? I only have four but would like to see them in one lot on ebay but need a box.

gameused
07-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Mike,

Those triangle boxes are free at the USPS.com website. I think they come in boxes of 25 and you can order any amount you need. Usually takes a couple of weeks to arrive and they ship them free right to your home or local post office. You do need to create a username and password.

Thanks, Bobby

CampWest
07-28-2009, 05:06 PM
shop.usps.com - look up "large tube". Internet is a wonderful thing. Thanks Al Gore.

Number9
07-28-2009, 05:25 PM
great, thanks guys.

Mike

Number9
07-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Wow, that is awsome, worked perfectly. Thanks guys.

Now, anyone have tips on shipping hockey sticks, other than using a table saw?

Mike

jobathenut
07-29-2009, 02:22 AM
Hockey sticks are tricky to ship.I shipped a hasek goalie stick a couple months ago.And i had made a box kind of for it.That basically just outlined the stick.So you could tell it was a stick.And i gave it to my brother to mail it.He went to the ups store and the woman who worked there said it would cost over $100 to ship it that way.So she undid my box.Which only took me like a hour to make.And she just bubble wrapped and shrinked wrapped it and it cost me $50 to ship it.It arrived fine to the person i sold it to.:)
Wow, that is awsome, worked perfectly. Thanks guys.

Now, anyone have tips on shipping hockey sticks, other than using a table saw?

Mike

Neely8
07-29-2009, 08:16 AM
Hockey sticks are tricky to ship.I shipped a hasek goalie stick a couple months ago.And i had made a box kind of for it.That basically just outlined the stick.So you could tell it was a stick.And i gave it to my brother to mail it.He went to the ups store and the woman who worked there said it would cost over $100 to ship it that way.So she undid my box.Which only took me like a hour to make.And she just bubble wrapped and shrinked wrapped it and it cost me $50 to ship it.It arrived fine to the person i sold it to.:)

$50 to ship a hockey stick via UPS?? Holy crap what a rip off! I have shipped hockey sticks before by USPS 2-3 day Priority for less then $7 if they don't measure it for being oversized. If they do charge me the oversized surcharge then it has been around $15-$18.

The method I have used for hockey sticks is just wrap them in cardboard and tape them securely. I have not had a problem yet doing it like that.

jobathenut
07-29-2009, 09:34 PM
I had to ship it ups as our post office would'nt ship it.As they won't ship big packages.:)
$50 to ship a hockey stick via UPS?? Holy crap what a rip off! I have shipped hockey sticks before by USPS 2-3 day Priority for less then $7 if they don't measure it for being oversized. If they do charge me the oversized surcharge then it has been around $15-$18.

The method I have used for hockey sticks is just wrap them in cardboard and tape them securely. I have not had a problem yet doing it like that.