PDA

View Full Version : Help with David Ortiz Twins Jersey

ArthurO
07-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Greetings,

I just purchased a 2001 David Ortiz Twins Alternate Jersey.

It looks right except: The front number is white and not red like
others I have seen. This has the American Flag Sewn over the
MLB patch on the back of the neck (POST 9/11?) all the patches
look correct numers and name plate appear to be sewn on properly
no evidence of tampering or removed, altered etc.

Another thing I noticed is the size 48, (I've always heard to never
go by the size because they often vary) no extra length or sleeve
100% Polyester tag and "tapered Body" tag as well (Which doesn't
make sense to me)

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED...

I WOULD LIKE TO ACT FAST in requesting my refund (just wanted
to make sure there was no variation of the Twinkies alternate jerseys)

Thank you in advance!

Arthur

staindsox
07-29-2009, 12:25 PM
You should post some pics, including a shot of the tagging. Most fake Twins jerseys can be spotted by incorrect tagging.

Chris

ArthurO
07-29-2009, 12:54 PM
David Ortiz 2001 Game Used Jersey Size 48 From Trainer - eBay (item 320400391687 end time Jul-24-09 18:03:01 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320400391687&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT)

For some reason I can't upload the photos I took,
Here is a link to the item, hopefully this will help,
PLMK

Thanks again in advance...

Arthur

ArthurO
07-29-2009, 01:15 PM
I hope this works,

Thanks again,

hblakewolf
07-29-2009, 02:22 PM
The shirt you have is a complete train wreck!

TAGGING: The large Russell tag appears to have been lifted on the bottom. Likewise, the year tag is totally incorrect for a 2001 Russell jersey. There should be a strip tag with year/uniform #/set.

#'s: The front 27 has the colors reversed

N.O.B.: The letetrs are not the correct style, especially the Z

This shirt below was offered in an AMI auction and also included a team LOA. Note the differences in tagging, N.O.B. and front #'s.

I'd immediately file a dispute with PayPal, contact the Ebay seller and seek a refund. Likewise, you may want to advise the seller to make friends with new team trainers!

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

2001 David Ortiz Twins Game Used Alternate Jersey.

Go Back (http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auctions.asp?aucsearch=twins+jersey&AucListType=closed&TitleDesc=0&period=&offset=10) | http://s7.addthis.com/static/btn/sm-share-en.gif (http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=20) Lot:453Bids:1Current Bid:$428Closed12/09/2004

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/pics/11131_01_dt.jpg (http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/pics/11131_01_lg.jpg)

Picture Viewer Tutorial (http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/media/Tutorials/PictureBrowser640/PictureBrowser640.html) var sp1 = new Spry.Widget.SlidingPanels("panelwidget");
2001 David Ortiz Twins Game Used Alternate Jersey.

One of the Red Sox most important players. The man who leads with his bat and in the club house, David Ortiz, wore this sweet Minnesota Twins alternate jersey during the 2001 season. David put nice use on this size 52 Russell Athletic shirt, complete with factory embroidered 100th A.L. and classic Twins patches. No 9/11 flag exists, as Ortiz wore jersey before September 11th. Jersey has Velcro fastner between button two and three and an added 2" length as noted on flap tag, in addition to 3" extra sleeve length. Comes with Twins paperwork.

mbenga28
07-29-2009, 02:33 PM
when you file a dispute with PayPal, what would the reason be under? the buyer should have done his research before bidding and winning the jersey.

ArthurO
07-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Howard, I appreciate your help,

Thank you,

Arthur

hblakewolf
07-29-2009, 02:37 PM
when you file a dispute with PayPal, what would the reason be under? the buyer should have done his research before bidding and winning the jersey.

Brilliant!

How about simply stating the facts that the merchandise purchased is fake, support it with evidence/photos and file your claim.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

mbenga28
07-29-2009, 02:47 PM
sure, but doesn't PayPal state you can file a claim under one of these two reasons

I did not receive an item I purchased

or

the item I received is significantly not as described.

OP did receive the jersey and the one that was showin in the auction, so will PayPal still consider his case?

TNTtoys
07-29-2009, 02:59 PM
sure, but doesn't PayPal state you can file a claim under one of these two reasons

I did not receive an item I purchased

or

the item I received is significantly not as described.

OP did receive the jersey and the one that was showin in the auction, so will PayPal still consider his case?

I would go with OPTION 2.

Wasn't the item described as a David Ortiz game used jersey? If so, it is significantly not as described!!!

mbenga28
07-29-2009, 03:03 PM
the jersey does show "use" based on the taggings, but how is the buyer going to show this use was not done by Ortiz? I could see he would have a point if the jersey he received had pristine tags and looked like a game issued while the auction and photos show one with good use.

I wish the buyer the best and hope it gets resolved in his favor.

TNTtoys
07-29-2009, 03:12 PM
the jersey does show "use" based on the taggings, but how is the buyer going to show this use was not done by Ortiz? I could see he would have a point if the jersey he received had pristine tags and looked like a game issued while the auction and photos show one with good use.

I wish the buyer the best and hope it gets resolved in his favor.

That's not the point. Anyone could have worn the jersey. The argument is black and white. If the jersey is listed as a "GAME USED DAVID ORTIZ TWINS JERSEY" and very simple photos can show that the Twins never wore that style jersey (i.e. wrong fonts, colors, etc.) then it could not be as described.

Imho, the buyer should have looked at 1 or 2 photos online to verify the style of the jersey before shelling out $300 of his hard earned dollars. I suppose that's going to be a lesson learned... but that doesn't excuse outright fraud.

staindsox
07-29-2009, 04:20 PM
Don't even deal with Paypal. Call your card company (if you used a credit card for the payment) and have them take care of it. You will have to do some paperwork, but you will win the dispute.

ArthurO
07-29-2009, 04:28 PM
Thank you TNT: IT IS FRAUD among other I believe: Mail Fraud,
Wire Fraud, Misrepresentation, etc.

I have seen Twins Jerseys with the Different color fonts on
the front of the Jersey. I didn't realize that the Alternates
such as this had red numbers on both sides; My mistake?
Perhaps, But you are right It does not justify selling a fake.

mbenga28 doesn't seem to understand the point (based on what
he has posted)

I have and will take necessary steps to resolve the issue:
There are other avenues at my disposal.

I appreciate everyone's help thus far, I don't appreciate getting
fooled or swindled (I don't think anyone does) but I guess I have
to sharpen my skills/knowledge a bit more...

Arthur

jppopma
07-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Total mess of a jersey....beyond what has already been stated, I doubt Ortiz ever fit into a size 48! Also tapered usually refers to being tapered in, not out. Good luck with the appeal and getting your money back.

sylbry
07-30-2009, 08:13 AM
For what it is worth I sent the seller a message via ebay that his jersey was a turd and laid out the reason's why. This was done with 6 days left on the auction.

pre72
10-17-2009, 03:33 PM
This jersey is garbage, I know I have it. Unknowingly bought it after the initial poster returned it to the orginal seller. The original seller is a joke, luckily he lives in my hometown and now won't return calls. I need the guys address from the initial poster so I can get my cash back, the guys pm is turned off.