PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta's Turner Field

amgmap
07-30-2009, 11:33 AM
Hey everyone! I read the boards a lot, but rarely post, so I guess you can call me somewhat new. Anyway, we have decided to go to Atlanta on October 3rd to see the Braves play the Nationals (mainly so I can see another Nationals game). I have been to Atlanta numerous times, but this is the first time seeing a game at Turner Field. I was wondering if anyone on here has any pointers as far as game day goes, the chance of getting autographs, game used items, etc. We usually go to Atlanta to see the Thrashers, but we're starting to branch out into baseball now :) Any help you can provide is appreciated! :D

kylehess10
07-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Autographs: Fans line the fence of the player parking lot behind the stadium as early as 5 hours before gametime. That's when Bobby Cox arrives and he'll sign for everyone. Gates open 2 1/2 hours before gametime and access to all field levels start 2 hours before gametime. Fans are allowed to stay lined against the field level to try to get autographs until 1 hour before gametime. The Nationals may sign a bit more than the Braves would, so I'd suggest you stay on the visitors side if you want more autographs. Batting practice is also very fun to attend once the gates first open. The best sections for homeruns is 144, 146, & 148 and stay up about 2-3 rows since kids line that first row and it's impossible to move around to try to catch a ball. I normally stay on the 3rd row everytime and I've caught several homeruns this year.

If you want game used items then you won't find any at the stadium. They stopped selling game used years ago. The only place you can find it now is at the Braves Clubhouse Store in CNN. That's located in downtown right across the street from Centennial Olympic Park. Unless they're having one of their blow-out sales, then don't expect to find anything cheap in there. They've had $25-BP jerseys and $10-bats, but they sell out so fast that they're just impossible to find anymore.

amgmap
07-30-2009, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the great tips! The tickets we got are right behind the visitor's dugout, so that might work out pretty well to get some auto's. I would also love to try to get a ball from batting practice, but I doubt that we can do both things. I really appreciate all the help!