ESPN - Jose Canseco Said He Knows A HOFer That Used. Who do you think it is?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3arod13
    • Apr 2006

Rickey Henderson?
    Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~
  • cordovacollector
    • Mar 2009

Re: ESPN - Jose Canseco Said He Knows A HOFer That Used. Who do you think it is?

I mentioned a guess once ... but I won't make that mistake again, even if I still believe it.

Comment

• jwasserman
      • Feb 2006

Re: ESPN - Jose Canseco Said He Knows A HOFer That Used. Who do you think it is?

he was teammates with boggs at the end of his career. none of the others really fit. unless barney dreyfuss was juicing back in the day
      http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g2...n/game%20used/
      http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/Neshek/

Comment

• bigtruck260
        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by jwasserman
        he was teammates with boggs at the end of his career. none of the others really fit. unless barney dreyfuss was juicing back in the day
        Reggie Jackson played in Oakland in 1987....
        Dave
        Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
        River City Redbird Authentics
        http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

• 3arod13
          • Apr 2006

Hope he mentions the player soon. To make the statement, but not share the name, serves no purpose.

You all realize there are many more players than the 104 who tested positive, right?
          Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• Dewey2007
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by 3arod13

Rickey Henderson?
            If it's Rickey Henderson I think I'll give up being a baseball fan for good. I think Rickey was just a freak of nature who didn't need to juice.
            sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com

Comment

• emann
              • Nov 2008

Rickey would be my "guess (that's all it is, so please don't act like jerks and attack personally over it)". Canseco played with him and McGwire at the dawn of the juicing era...

Do I think that detracts from Rickey's overall ability or HOF credentials? No. Rickey is one of the greatest players of all time. That said, he's probably not one of the smartest players of all time, so it wouldn't shock me if he tried steroids via Canseco at some point in Oakland.

Boggs makes little sense (aside from the fact he was struggling to make 3,000 at the end), his body seemed too beaten down by the point he retired.

Comment

• bigtruck260
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Dewey2007
                If it's Rickey Henderson I think I'll give up being a baseball fan for good. I think Rickey was just a freak of nature who didn't need to juice.
                Rickey needed steriods the way Barry Sanders needed them

I would think Rickey has a much higher self importance than to do steroids - or anything that would supposedly make him 'better'. He was born an athlete...he just chose to play baseball.
                Dave
                Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
                River City Redbird Authentics
                http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

• Bondsgloves
                  • Aug 2007

If it is Rickey, which wouldn't be shocking to me. Do you think Canseco waited until after he was elected to bring this up, just to say he knows a Hall of Famer who juiced is in the hall. Not to hurt Rickey's chances.

Comment

• rj_lucas
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Bondsgloves
                    If it is Rickey, which wouldn't be shocking to me. Do you think Canseco waited until after he was elected to bring this up, just to say he knows a Hall of Famer who juiced is in the hall. Not to hurt Rickey's chances.
                    That kind of tactfulness on Canseco's part would be inconsistent with everything else he has said up to this point.

Rick
                    rickjlucas@gmail.com

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
                      • Aug 2007

has he been wrong yet?
                      Baseball do what it do
                      -Ron Washington

Comment

• spartakid
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Fnazxc0114
                        has he been wrong yet?
                        He hasn't been proven wrong yet (to my knowledge) and the fact that this comes out right after Rickey's induction...... not a coincidence in my opinion. There's a myriad of reasons why he would've waited until after the induction, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it was Rickey and with the timing, it makes the most sense that it is him.
                        Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Comment

• 3arod13
                          • Apr 2006

Nobody would surprise me at this point. Not even if Cal Ripken Jr.
                          Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• 3arod13
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by 3arod13
                            Nobody would surprise me at this point. Not even if Cal Ripken Jr.
                            I'm not saying Cal Ripken Jr. did. Just saying at this point, nothing would shock me.
                            Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• Dewey2007
                              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by spartakid
                              He hasn't been proven wrong yet (to my knowledge) and the fact that this comes out right after Rickey's induction...... not a coincidence in my opinion. There's a myriad of reasons why he would've waited until after the induction, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it was Rickey and with the timing, it makes the most sense that it is him.
                              I think it's Canseco's way of just keeping his name out there especially during a big time for MLB with the recent HOF inductions. This is what Jose had to say about Rickey in "Juiced":

"Rickey Henderson was a genetic freak, a man with such incredible legs and arms that even past his fortieth birthday he looked like a mini body builder. To me, he was one of the best players in the game, and maybe the greatest leadoff hitter of all-time. He was a good teammate to have too. He just played the game, worked hard, and busted his ass everday"

Also, this was in a local column written last month.

"But there are signs that Canseco might be forgiven, at least in certain quarters. Rickey Henderson, headed for the Hall of Fame in August, said Tuesday that he'd have been happy to see Canseco (at the 1989 WS team reunion). He also stood up for Canseco when "Juiced" came out, saying that the former Bash Brother wasn't a liar."

My guess is Boggs. He might have used them to help him with injuries during the last couple years of his career.
                              sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com

Comment

Working...