Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3arod13
    • Apr 2006

Ortiz says union told him of 2003 positive test

I’ve just been told that the report is true,” Ortiz said in a statement after contacting the union. “Based on the way I lived my life I’m surprised to learn I tested positive.”

Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~
  • yanks12025
    • Jan 2006

Re: Ortiz says union told him of 2003 positive test

He's going to be one of those players that decline it and say they didn't know what it was. At least A-rod said he did unlike alot of these cheaters.

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by yanks12025
      He's going to be one of those players that decline it and say they didn't know what it was. At least A-rod said he did unlike alot of these cheaters.
      They are all cheaters. I do give A-Rod some credit for owning up to his actions, but he's still a cheater, just as much as the other guys.

Comment

• yanks12025
        • Jan 2006

Jags,
        Thats what i was trying to say but worded it different.

Comment

• Bondsgloves
          • Aug 2007

I don't believe ARod was completely honest. He will look like a biiger fool down the road when it turns out he used them longer than he said.

Comment

• 3arod13
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Jags Fan Dan
            They are all cheaters. I do give A-Rod some credit for owning up to his actions, but he's still a cheater, just as much as the other guys.
            Don't think he was defending Arod. Just making a point that Arod could have denied it also, but didn't. Where I give Arod any credit is, he could have admitted only to 2003. Yes, he admits to 2001-2003.
            Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
              • Apr 2007

Jags,
              Thats what i was trying to say but worded it different.
              Gotcha. My mistake if I took it wrong.

Comment

• 3arod13
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Bondsgloves
                I don't believe ARod was completely honest. He will look like a biiger fool down the road when it turns out he used them longer than he said.

What report do you have that proves that?
                Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• 3arod13
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by 3arod13
                  Don't think he was defending Arod. Just making a point that Arod could have denied it also, but didn't. Where I give Arod any credit is, he could have admitted only to 2003. Yes, he admits to 2001-2003.
                  Yet vice yes
                  Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• spartakid
                    • Oct 2008

What do you mean by "decline it" because Big Papi has been on a consistent decline for a while now. I couldn't help but see your username after I read your defending of A-rod. I do agree however, that these players at least need to have some class and own up to what they did, I mean come on, they're caught. It's like those geniuses on Cops that tell the officer, after he finds drugs in their pocket, "these aren't my pants, I found them in the alley behind the bar." Yea, it's pretty much as believable as that Big Papi
                    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Comment

• spartakid
                      • Oct 2008

wow, you guys did some serious typing as I was typing my long winded response, I missed a lot...
                      Ricardo Montoya

Comment

• Bondsgloves
                        • Aug 2007

What report do you have that proves that?
                        I have no proof. But when the woman who uncovered that Arod first took steroids, reported accusations that had taken them since high school. Also with the Yankees Arod was hanging out with a known streoid dealer and trainer Angel Presinal (who also has been affiliated with training Ortiz).

Comment

• 3arod13
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by spartakid
                          What do you mean by "decline it" because Big Papi has been on a consistent decline for a while now. I couldn't help but see your username after I read your defending of A-rod. I do agree however, that these players at least need to have some class and own up to what they did, I mean come on, they're caught. It's like those geniuses on Cops that tell the officer, after he finds drugs in their pocket, "these aren't my pants, I found them in the alley behind the bar." Yea, it's pretty much as believable as that Big Papi
                          I don't think it's defending Arod. Just making a point that Arod had options like many of the others, after being caught. He then admitted it. Does he deserve a prize or trophy for doing so? Of course not.

I don't know anyone in their right mind that if not caught, would admit it.

If you stole something at work, and the boss gathered everyone around and asked who did it. Would you come forward? Of course not!
                          Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• 3arod13
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Bondsgloves
                            I have no proof. But when the woman who uncovered that Arod first took steroids, reported accusations that had taken them since high school. Also with the Yankees Arod was hanging out with a known streoid dealer and trainer Angel Presinal (who also has been affiliated with training Ortiz).

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Alex-Rodri...ums-Blog-19587
                            There were also players who played with him back then that said he didn't. Hearsay...hearsay! Proof is in the pudding!
                            Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• spartakid
                              • Oct 2008

I don't think it's defending Arod. Just making a point that Arod had options like many of the others, after being caught. He then admitted it. Does he deserve a prize or trophy for doing so? Of course not.

I don't know anyone in their right mind that if not caught, would admit it.

If you stole something at work, and the boss gathered everyone around and asked who did it. Would you come forward? Of course not!
                              No reference to my Cops allusion? What you proposed is a different situation than Big Papi's in. There is a chance that the "thief" could get away with taking something in an office full of people. THe drug test is different because I believe that multiple tests are run with the sample urine to prevent error. Not saying that error is impossible, but I would assume VERY unlikely (I have no proof to substantiate this, but I believe most would agree that this is almost certainly not an error).
                              Ricardo Montoya

Comment

Working...