PDA

View Full Version : AMI at Nat'l???????

33bird
07-30-2009, 08:01 PM
Got an Email today saying that AMI would be at such and such booth at the Nat'l. With all the people they owe serious money to, they better be careful. If they owed me 60k (they don't-they owe me 22k) and I was there, I would seriously want to throw down. By the way, I won my judgement against them. Now it's just a matter of collecting the money, which we will do our best to do. Somebody give them a beating for me.

nickacs
07-30-2009, 08:18 PM
Congrats on a winning judgement! :)

Yea, I would want to kick some serious arse too if I was owed that amount!!!
:mad: http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/766_animated_boxer_punching.gif
(http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/766_animated_boxer_punching.gif)

suicide_squeeze
07-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Got an Email today saying that AMI would be at such and such booth at the Nat'l. With all the people they owe serious money to, they better be careful. If they owed me 60k (they don't-they owe me 22k) and I was there, I would seriously want to throw down. By the way, I won my judgement against them. Now it's just a matter of collecting the money, which we will do our best to do. Somebody give them a beating for me.

You should be happy they are doing business as usual. The more of an appearance they make, the better there prospects of future business will be......

.........and the better the chance of you being able to get your money.

33bird
07-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Oh-very true, but they still need an a-- kickin'!

corsairs22
07-30-2009, 09:42 PM

Why don't you just go there and ask for your money? (not a la OJ but in a firm, steady voice).

jonincleve
07-30-2009, 10:14 PM
greg, they are there. big difference between now and the last national in cleveland. today 1 booth almost trying to blend in. last time a whole section, maybe 4 booths combined + a lou lampson sighting. i actually missed their booth the first time through.

take care
john

33bird
07-30-2009, 10:23 PM
Yea, like they'd cut me a check on the spot..lol.

Moustache Gang
07-31-2009, 10:11 AM
Greg and Posters,

AMI is at the National as I went yesterday with my two sons. The first time I passed by Vic and Keita were talking to a person explaining how well there new system was working with the seller being paid by the winning bidder before the item is sent by the winning bidder. The look on the guy's face was quite a bit of skepticism. I also noticed very few items on their tables and in their glass display case.

When I walked by about an hour later, I noticed they were displaying 6-7 jerseys and the odd thing was it that all the jerseys they were displaying were auctioned off in previous AMI auctions. The white Hornung packers jersey, a grey Ray Fosse Indians jersey and a white Catfish Hunter from 1968. I asked Victor how much he wanted for the Hunter and Kieta looked up a number on her laptop. She pointed for Victor to look at the computer and he came back and stated $25K!! I stated that this jersey just sold on an AMI auction a year ago for just over $10K!! He look right at me, shrugged his shoulders and stated, "C'mon man everybody needs some money these days....you know how it is!!!" Victor then told me to make an offer which I did not.

I can say that Victor and Keita were very professional, but when you owe one collector $22K they need to knock down doors in order to repay the debt.

Good Luck Greg on getting your $$$ back.

Mark

Moustache Gang

suicide_squeeze
07-31-2009, 12:53 PM
Greg and Posters,

AMI is at the National as I went yesterday with my two sons. The first time I passed by Vic and Keita were talking to a person explaining how well there new system was working with the seller being paid by the winning bidder before the item is sent by the winning bidder. The look on the guy's face was quite a bit of skepticism. I also noticed very few items on their tables and in their glass display case.

When I walked by about an hour later, I noticed they were displaying 6-7 jerseys and the odd thing was it that all the jerseys they were displaying were auctioned off in previous AMI auctions. The white Hornung packers jersey, a grey Ray Fosse Indians jersey and a white Catfish Hunter from 1968. I asked Victor how much he wanted for the Hunter and Kieta looked up a number on her laptop. She pointed for Victor to look at the computer and he came back and stated $25K!! I stated that this jersey just sold on an AMI auction a year ago for just over $10K!! He look right at me, shrugged his shoulders and stated, "C'mon man everybody needs some money these days....you know how it is!!!" Victor then told me to make an offer which I did not.

I can say that Victor and Keita were very professional, but when you owe one collector $22K they need to knock down doors in order to repay the debt.

Good Luck Greg on getting your $$$ back.

Mark

Moustache Gang

And there, folks, is THE prime example of why these companies have spots in the Nationals.

It just takes ONE fish to make it a profitable event for them.....but unfortunately they picked on a member here who already knew what was going on.

The bigger question is.....if these were jerseys that had already sold in prior AMI auctions, then why are they available by AMI for "sale" at the National?

Oh, sure, they could be turned right around and given back on consignment.....to an auction house publicly known as struggling to pay their consigners......to be flipped in a bad economy.........that would make total sense, huh?

Or.....could they be items that were shill bid ONE time too many? I am not saying that is my opinion, I am just suggesting logically that there has to be a reasonable answer and I was curious as to what you guys think....

Any thoughts?:rolleyes: Does it even matter? I guess if someone wants the item, and it's available, hey, go crazy. Sooner or later these pieces will end up in a collector's hand that actually wants the item to cherrish.... not to flip and make money on either in appreciated value, or buyer's premiums by selling over and over again.

33bird
07-31-2009, 01:27 PM
That's classic AMI. Thanks for the update guys. Keep em comin!