PDA

View Full Version : FBI Again at the National Convention

Eric
08-01-2009, 08:20 AM
The FBI is again at the year's national convention. If anyone is interested in speaking with the agent about the hobby, email me at ecky3@aol.com and I am happy to send you his contact information.

Eric

otismalibu
08-01-2009, 08:22 AM
Do they have a booth?

ironmanfan
08-01-2009, 08:25 AM
The FBI is again at the year's national convention. If anyone is interested in speaking with the agent about the hobby, email me at ecky3@aol.com and I am happy to send you his contact information.

Eric

probably why Lampson hasn't been spotted there

Eric
08-01-2009, 08:36 AM
No, not a booth. Doesn't sound like it has come to that yet...

allstarsplus
08-01-2009, 08:47 AM
From what Moustache Gang wrote, there isn't much game used. Do you think the FBI's presence is a deterent that has kept away some "questionable" dealers?

skyking26
08-01-2009, 08:58 AM
From what Moustache Gang wrote, there isn't much game used. Do you think the FBI's presence is a deterent that has kept away some "questionable" dealers?
I don't think so. Many prominent sellers like Ballpark Heroes, yourself, etc., I'm guessing can use contacts, the internet, or ebay these days and do just fine on their reputation with out the cost and trouble of setting up at the National.

The National is NOT what it used to be. The absence of guys like Kim Stigall and his brother, Dave Miedema even at the show, etc etc take alot away from the show from the game used perspective. It definately is not like the old days. I used to get really geeked up about attending - now I just do it for a day of entertainment, with no expectations.

No, I do not believe the FBI has anything to do with it - just alot more options these days for the buyer and seller....

RK

allstarsplus
08-01-2009, 09:07 AM
I don't think so. Many prominent sellers like Ballpark Heroes, yourself, etc., I'm guessing can use contacts, the internet, or ebay these days and do just fine on their reputation with out the cost and trouble of setting up at the National.

The National is NOT what it used to be. The absence of guys like Kim Stigall and his brother, Dave Miedema even at the show, etc etc take alot away from the show from the game used perspective. It definately is not like the old days. I used to get really geeked up about attending - now I just do it for a day of entertainment, with no expectations.

No, I do not believe the FBI has anything to do with it - just alot more options these days for the buyer and seller....

RK

Good points. Is ASI or Historic there?

jonincleve
08-01-2009, 09:21 AM
historic is there. i wonder if the fbi agent has talked to american memorabilia?

take care
john

skyking26
08-01-2009, 01:05 PM
historic is there. i wonder if the fbi agent has talked to american memorabilia?

take care
john
Johnny - Good to hang out with ya. Send me an email with your contact info so I can keep in touch privately...

Bob

skyking442@hotmail.com