PDA

View Full Version : Red Twins jersey - WTF

sylbry
08-01-2009, 09:07 PM
So we know these jerseys were worn in only a couple of games before they were retired. Logic would tell you only one set exists. However, I have now found three different Dan Naulty jerseys.

Ballpark Heroes just sold this one. It is a set 1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220456574296&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

And attached are the one I own (no set) and the one from Mr. Henderson's guide (set 2). All three jerseys are different. As far as I can tell, Naulty only pitched in one of the games in which these jerseys were worn.

For what it is worth, mine came with an LOA from the Twins and the price tag from the Pro Shop is still attached.

indyred
08-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Has it even been proven these were used in more than the first Sunday home game I believe against KC in April of 1997. I've never seen any pictures of them wearing these. Other than 97 Sked that has Knoblauch wearing one. I know most people hated them, after seeing them just once. I think they look really cool. Now a few teams have all red alternate jerseys.

Would love to see game photos or video of game (s) they used them.

dcrules01
08-01-2009, 10:17 PM
That is a sweet jersey:cool:

cordovacollector
08-01-2009, 10:26 PM
I thought it was more like 3-4 games they wore them before Tom Kelly said to get rid of them. I don't think they won any games wearing them. The Twin Pro Shops must have thought they were going to be a Big Hit with fans because they had tons of them for sale ... even up til around 2002 or 2003.