PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre Practice Jersey? What is This?

RKO18
08-03-2009, 03:57 AM
Came across this Brett Favre practice jersey one eBay. The seller does not claim that it was worn or even issued. So what I'm wondering is what type of jersey it is and where it might have come from?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230285393794&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Any thoughts?

mattmueller
08-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Tough to say, best I know Favre retail practice jerseys were not available. Perhaps more information as to what is in the collar (looks like a retail tag with a strip tag too?) would be helpful. I have not yet received a response from the seller to this question.

However, the size (54 vs. Favre's 52) and sleeves (Favre's open sleeves, as seen in the photos provided by the seller vs. the offered's elastic sleeves) would indicate this was not likely ever on its way to Favre for use.

Matt

UGA-1
08-04-2009, 10:52 AM
I can't find any evidence of Favre wearing elastic sleeves on any practice jerseys after 1996. They were Starter practice jerseys. They then went to Nike and Brett had open sleeves from then on, even after the switch to Reebok. Please correct me if wrong.

BorchertField
08-04-2009, 12:40 PM
That's my understanding as well. Favre preferred all his jerseys with the open sleeves.

I do recall that the Packers Pro Shop briefly sold Favre no-contact jerseys online in 2007 or 2008. This may be one of them.

BorchertField
08-04-2009, 12:52 PM
There's something else about that jersey which bothers me. The "4" on the front is the same as that on the back.

In Favre gamers, the front 4 is wider. That seems to hold true with his practice jerseys (Packers, at least).

BorchertField
08-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Compare that to the auction jersey:

LastingsMilledge85
08-04-2009, 03:19 PM
The auction never says that it was worn by him or that it is game worn it just says that it's the same one that he wears. I'm sure that Favre never wore it.