PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Indians -Detroit Tigers Negro League Throwbacks 8/1

russyurk
08-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Does anyone know when/how the Indians/Tigers throwback uni's will be sold from their game on Saturday August 1? I checked with Marc at the Tigers and he told me that the Indians would be handling them. I then checked with the Indians and that person was no help. Can any of our Cleveland based members shed some light on the process? Thanks.

slam
08-06-2009, 09:16 AM
They have been sold. You maybe able to still get some lesser players.

russyurk
08-06-2009, 09:17 AM
Lesser players would be fine, who do I contact? I'm only interested in the Detroit jerseys.

CUTiger
08-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Yes, I would be interested as well, specifically looking for a Tony Sipp jersey #49, I would assume this would still be available. Please let me know who to contact.

mbrieve
08-06-2009, 09:53 AM
They have been sold. You maybe able to still get some lesser players.
Only 5 days after the game and they have all been sold? Did they have a pre-sale, silent auction or something else?

slam
08-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Opps sorry guys I thought you guys were talking about the July 11, 2009 game. Don't know if the Aug. 1 have been sold yet.

russyurk
08-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Opps sorry guys I thought you guys were talking about the July 11, 2009 game. Don't know if the Aug. 1 have been sold yet.

Do you know how they will be sold? Unfortunatley the Indians don't have anyone like Marc Himelsteinon on staff like the Tigers.

TigerSteve
08-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Marc had a bunch of the Indians ones left from the game in Detroit on July 11th. Send him an email. Marc.Himelstein@detroittigers.com I know most of the bigger names were gone but if you were looking for any lesser known players I bet he has them still.

-Steve

jppopma
08-07-2009, 12:28 AM
Seems to be the year for Tigers throwbacks; The 1909's from Pittsburgh, home negro Stars, these away negro Stars from Cleveland, and then a 1984 throwback sometime to celebrate 25 years without winning. They are all very nice, but how many can you do in a year?

larry bourget
08-07-2009, 07:58 AM
I have 3 1997 game worn jersey's with Jackie Robinson 50th Anniversary Breaking Barriers patch, for the Original Tribute Starter,.... a Tigers home, Braves home & White Sox home, if anyone's interested, i'll do all 3 for $500.U.S. plus postage delivered anywhere in U.S.A. or Canada.

larry.bourget@sympatico.ca

OhioBobcat3
08-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Does anyone know when/how the Indians/Tigers throwback uni's will be sold from their game on Saturday August 1? I checked with Marc at the Tigers and he told me that the Indians would be handling them. I then checked with the Indians and that person was no help. Can any of our Cleveland based members shed some light on the process? Thanks.

Yeah, they aren't much help. They didn't seem to know what was going on when I called them on Monday/Tuesday. I really hope they don't end up selling the Indians uniforms through the stadium team shop. My feeling is that since they have all of the Tigers unis from the August 1st game as well, they will go ahead and auction them all off through MLB auctions. I don't know how they would get rid of the Tigers unis otherwise.

go_tribe
08-10-2009, 11:07 AM
I emailed marc, he sent me a list of Indians players he had left. Nobody big, David Huff and Aaron Laffey were notable, but neither pitched in that game. (Pavano went 8 innings, Wood got the save)

GarkoCollector
08-10-2009, 07:47 PM
I emailed marc, he sent me a list of Indians players he had left. Nobody big, David Huff and Aaron Laffey were notable, but neither pitched in that game. (Pavano went 8 innings, Wood got the save)

Those arent from the 8/1 game. I talked to him as well.