PDA

View Full Version : Corked Sosa Bat?

Eric
05-24-2006, 11:42 AM
Hey gang-
Just noticed something interesting on ebay. Read this description

You are bidding on a 1996 SAMMY SOSA game-used Rawlings Adirondack 34.25 inch Model 256B baseball bat. Exhibits tremendous game use. However, the most interesting part of this bat is at the end which shows signs of being corked. Comes with a COA from Sports Investments Inc, we GUARANTEE bat will pass MEARS Authentication. Winning bidder to add $10 shipping & handling. Insurance is extra and will be determined at the end of the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SAMMY-SOSA-Game-Used-Adirondack-Cubs-Bat-CORKED_W0QQitemZ8813744894QQcategoryZ60596QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

suave1477
05-24-2006, 11:57 AM
Eric interesting find!!!

Here is my question, they have pictures of the bat from all angles, but the angle where we can see the part where it looks like it was corked????

My next question is if it does show some type of tampering by Sosa to be corked how do we know he did it? I am not questioning the seller but I mean seriously anyone who gets there hands on a Sosa bat and make it look like the possiblity of it being corked to try to sell it for a higher premium amount!!!!

Just a thought!!!