Why can't I post in "Ask About Bat Shipping Records"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jon_8_us
    • May 2006

I have asked this question publicly once already and gotten zero response from the administrators.Please can someone answer me??
    jon
    Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items
  • jon_8_us
    • May 2006

Re: Why can't i post on the bat shipping records page?????

jon_8_us, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

This is the message i get

Comment

• ChrisCavalier
      Paid Users
      • Jan 1970

Originally posted by jon_8_us
      I have asked this question publicly once already and gotten zero response from the administrators.Please can someone answer me??
      jon
      Hello Jon,

Sorry for the delayed response. I missed your earlier question. As per the membership subscription page, the ability to post in the 'Ask About Bat Shipping Records' forum is currently reserved for paid members. This is based on the fact that, given Vince Malta has been kind enough to let us post the bat player charts on our site for book purchasers, we didn't want to do anything that would potentially prevent sales of his book. That is, while we try to give as much information as possible on this site for free, we felt an obligation to Vince not to do anything that would potentially cannibalize sales of his book. While we can re-evaluate this once the book has been out for a while, we think it is the responsible thing to do right now.

Please feel free to let me know if that answers your question as well as if you have any others.

Sincerely,
      Chris
      Christopher Cavalier
      Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Comment

• jon_8_us
        • May 2006

Originally posted by ChrisCavalier
        Hello Jon,

Sorry for the delayed response. I missed your earlier question. As per the membership subscription page, the ability to post in the 'Ask About Bat Shipping Records' forum is currently reserved for paid members. This is based on the fact that, given Vince Malta has been kind enough to let us post the bat player charts on our site for book purchasers, we didn't want to do anything that would potentially prevent sales of his book. That is, while we try to give as much information as possible on this site for free, we felt an obligation to Vince not to do anything that would potentially cannibalize sales of his book. While we can re-evaluate this once the book has been out for a while, we think it is the responsible thing to do right now.

Please feel free to let me know if that answers your question as well as if you have any others.

Sincerely,
        Chris
        Makes perfect sense Chris.Thank you kindly for the response.

jon

Comment

• ChrisCavalier
          Paid Users
          • Jan 1970

Originally posted by jon_8_us
          Makes perfect sense Chris.Thank you kindly for the response.

jon
          No Problem Jon. Again, I'm sorry for the delay in getting you a response. The delay was my fault, not the other administrators.

-Chris
          Christopher Cavalier

Comment

• frikativ54
            • Dec 2007

How Do You Post in the Bat Shipping Records Forum

Can anyone tell me how to post in the Bat Shipping Records forum? I need some help with determining Octavio Dotel 1997, 1998, and 1999 LS bat shipping records. However, I am not allowed to post in that section of Game Used Universe. Can someone help me out?
            Les Zukor
            bagwellgameused@gmail.com
            Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
            (617) 682-0408

Comment

• harpt
              • May 2007

Re: How Do You Post in the Bat Shipping Records Forum

You have to be a "Paying" member to have access to that. It is one of the benefits of that level of membership.
              Scott Harpt
              scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
              Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Comment

• dodgersfan
                • Nov 2005

Alex Rodriguez Bat question/Not able to post on "bat shipping records"

Iam not sure why Iam unable to post on the bat shipping records?
                Can someone please post this question for me.

Thanks a lot!

Rudy

I want to ask what year(s) Alex Rodriguez was issued Block Letter (non signature model) black C271 bats while with the Mariners.
                If possible how many were issued and the length and weight.

Comment

• BMH
                  • Jul 2007

Re: Alex Rodriguez Bat question/Not able to post on "bat shipping records"

From 1993-95

Total of 120pcs.

All 34in/31-32oz
                  Brian Hillerich

Comment

• dodgersfan
                    • Nov 2005

Re: Alex Rodriguez Bat question/Not able to post on "bat shipping records"

Thanks alot!
                    I appreciate it so much.

Rudy

Comment

• godwulf
                      • Aug 2007

When I try to do so, I get this:

godwulf, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
                      1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                      2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
                      I don't get it.
                      Jeff
                      godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• nationals2k9
                        • Sep 2008

Re: Why can't I post in "Ask About Bat Shipping Records"?

have to be a paying member

Comment

• ndevlin
                          • Mar 2008

I think when you pay for your account on here, they let you ask about shipping records in that particular section. I believe that expires after a year. It should also do it when you look up the HOF charts here on the forum. That is why you have that message come up. It does it to me as well.

Comment

• godwulf
                            • Aug 2007

I see.

I've noticed that folks also post in THIS section, asking Brian about bat records. Is that a no-no?
                            Jeff
                            godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• ChrisCavalier
                              Paid Users
                              • Jan 1970

The "Ask About Bat Shipping Records" was intended to be reserved for members who, at minimum, purchased the Vince Malta book. As a distributor of Vince's book, this was done to be fair to him. That is, if we allowed everyone to ask about the shipping records, it would likely cannibalize book sales which wouldn't be very fair to the book's author.
                              Christopher Cavalier

Comment

Working...