Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave4Reds
    • May 2009

Ramon Hernandez GU Pink Bat?

I purchased this bat directly from the Reds in their online auction. It was sold as a Ramon Hernandez bat and has the number 55 on the knob. However, I'm pretty sure the signature on the bat is not his. Is this normal? Any idea who's signature it is? Appreciate any help.
    Attached Files
  • wahboom22
    • Aug 2006

Re: Ramon Hernandez GU Pink Bat?

its the Cardinals Skip Schumaker bat........email me if youd like to sell it!
    wahboom22@aol.com

thanks
    Wade

Comment

• Dave4Reds
      • May 2009

Update: Ramon Hernandez GU Pink Bat?

Thanks to wahboom22 for accurately identifying my MLB Authentic pink "Ramon Hernandez" bat which is actually a Skip Schumaker gamer. Obviously MLB Authentic blew it when they misidentified the bat. I wonder how often this happens? Anyway, they haven't been a lot of fun dealing with. In fact they have never admitted that they made an error. I returned the bat and I'm still waiting for a full refund. I'm currious, has anyone else here had a similar experience or did I just have incredibly bad luck?

Comment

• Dave4Reds
        • May 2009

Re: Update: Ramon Hernandez GU Pink Bat?

Well I returned this bat once I confirmed it wasn't Ramon Hernandez's. Now it's back up on the Reds auction site listed as an MLB authenticated Hernandez bat even though I explained to them it was Schumaker's. Anyone else have these problems with MLB Authentication?

Comment

• suave1477
          Banned
          • Jan 2006

How do you know Hernandez didn't use it?

Comment

• AWA85
            • Jan 2008

Good point Suave, something I didn't really think of. Although the Reds played the Cubs, just not sure how it would get over there. Guess for the Jeter Mets bats and some of those other mistake items, anything is possible.
            Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• suave1477
              Banned
              • Jan 2006

Hey look anything is possible players use other players equipment all the time.

I think the most biggest puzzle recently was when Francisco Cervelli was using a David Wright third basemans glove.

Comment

• Dach0sen0ne
                • Jul 2010

Hernandez was definitely using a pink Xbat in his first at bat. Second at bat he was not using a pink bat at all. In his last three at AB's he was using a pink XBat. Who really knows, I guess anything is possible.

Comment

• rdeversole
                  • Dec 2009

Hmm. Here's the same thing for sale right now:

- CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS
                  Email: rdeversole@gmail.com Twitter: @dugoutrelics

Comment

• Dave4Reds
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by suave1477
                    How do you know Hernandez didn't use it?
                    Yes, it is possible that Hernandez used Schumaker's bat but there's no indication that that was the case. The description from MLB doesn't mention it. Also, when I contacted MLB Authentication about the bat just over a year ago, they made no argument that it was Schumaker's bat but used by Hernandez. Just seems to be too big of a coincidence that he happened to use the bat of the player on the other team with the same #55. Seems to me more likely that they mixed the bats up after the game.

Comment

• mbrieve
                      • Jul 2008

Maybe I read the description or hologram wrong, but the Cards played the Reds. From the auction description:

Ramon Hernandez Game-Used Pink Bat (5/10/2009 STL AT CIN)

They both wear #55, hard to know for sure, but short of photomatching it is hard to say definitively. Interesting, MLB makes mistakes

Comment

• lakeerie92
                        • Oct 2008

It is a Skip Schumaker game used bat. What is not in your photo that makes it a dead giveaway is the tape job on the handle. Schumaker's bat had it in the game, the bat Ramon Hernandez used didnt. The Hernandez bat had some characteristics that would be easy to photomatch and they don't match the bat for auction with MLB. The Schumaker bat does
                        Russell Wuerffel
                        Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
                        lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

Working...