PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Ebay auction

skyking26
08-13-2009, 08:23 AM
Warning: Ebay Auction

Guy emailed me the other day asking questions about a Kingman "supposed" alternate jersey blue from the Mets. I told him the 44 size was not normal, etc. I went out of my way to help him, including sending the info to Dave. Personally, I do not believe this to be a Kingman BP. He placed quotes from me in the auction without permission as well. Beware of this jersey. I know there are guys on here looking for Mets blue alternates...proceed with caution...

RK

TNTtoys
08-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Warning: Ebay Auction

Guy emailed me the other day asking questions about a Kingman "supposed" alternate jersey blue from the Mets. I told him the 44 size was not normal, etc. I went out of my way to help him, including sending the info to Dave. Personally, I do not believe this to be a Kingman BP. He placed quotes from me in the auction without permission as well. Beware of this jersey. I know there are guys on here looking for Mets blue alternates...proceed with caution...

RK

RK,

I just emailed the seller. The batting practice jersey (and certainly not an alternate) he is selling is a TERRY LEACH jersey from 1986. The only year which this jersey could have been from was 1986...

- the Mets BP style jerseys with orange stripes on the neck and sleeve endings were 1981-1986
- Rawlings did them from 1981-1985 and Goodman only did them for 1 year,1986
- The BP jersey was completely redesigned in 1987 with "Racing Stripes" along the shoulders, dazzle lettering and was once again made by Rawlings.

The year/player was kind of easy to pinpoint cause it fell into a '1-year style' scenario.

Though it is not a Kingman, it is a solid jersey from the Mets World Series Championship year.

Regards
Nick

TNTtoys
08-13-2009, 08:45 AM
Further information on "blue home alternates" so that there is no confusion between the BP being auctioned --

- They were only made in 1983 and 1984

- They were not made by Goodman; they were made by Rawlings only

- They had strip tags in the back of the neck with embroidered numbers; same as the home and road game jerseys.

- They had names on back sewn onto nameplates (and much lower numbers than the BP jerseys)

- They were not mesh; they were a solid ployester

TNTtoys
08-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Seller changed his listing and appears to be very appreciative that he now has all of the correct information. Definitely a class act!

skyking26
08-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Seller changed his listing and appears to be very appreciative that he now has all of the correct information. Definitely a class act!
Nick, kudos to you for your solid research. A+ job. I believe your info to be correct. I knew this was not a Kingman jersey. With your assistance, he likely will get more $$ out of it as it is singled out to the championship year...

Peace -

RK

dcrules01
08-13-2009, 03:56 PM
I sent a message to the seller last night stating the obvious..He was very thankful and as Nick said he had no problem changing the auction title..

skyking26
08-13-2009, 04:13 PM
I sent a message to the seller last night stating the obvious..He was very thankful and as Nick said he had no problem changing the auction title..
Yep, definately a good guy. He apologized for making my quotes public to make a sale without permission and selling it first as a Kingman when I told him we did not have enough info.

Haste makes waste....