X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skyking26
    • Dec 2005

Warning: Ebay auction

Warning: Ebay Auction

Guy emailed me the other day asking questions about a Kingman "supposed" alternate jersey blue from the Mets. I told him the 44 size was not normal, etc. I went out of my way to help him, including sending the info to Dave. Personally, I do not believe this to be a Kingman BP. He placed quotes from me in the auction without permission as well. Beware of this jersey. I know there are guys on here looking for Mets blue alternates...proceed with caution...

RK
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com
  • TNTtoys
    • Aug 2006

Re: Warning: Ebay auction

Originally posted by skyking26
    Warning: Ebay Auction

Guy emailed me the other day asking questions about a Kingman "supposed" alternate jersey blue from the Mets. I told him the 44 size was not normal, etc. I went out of my way to help him, including sending the info to Dave. Personally, I do not believe this to be a Kingman BP. He placed quotes from me in the auction without permission as well. Beware of this jersey. I know there are guys on here looking for Mets blue alternates...proceed with caution...

RK
    RK,

I just emailed the seller. The batting practice jersey (and certainly not an alternate) he is selling is a TERRY LEACH jersey from 1986. The only year which this jersey could have been from was 1986...

- the Mets BP style jerseys with orange stripes on the neck and sleeve endings were 1981-1986
    - Rawlings did them from 1981-1985 and Goodman only did them for 1 year,1986
    - The BP jersey was completely redesigned in 1987 with "Racing Stripes" along the shoulders, dazzle lettering and was once again made by Rawlings.

The year/player was kind of easy to pinpoint cause it fell into a '1-year style' scenario.

Though it is not a Kingman, it is a solid jersey from the Mets World Series Championship year.

Regards
    Nick
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• TNTtoys
      • Aug 2006

Further information on "blue home alternates" so that there is no confusion between the BP being auctioned --

- They were only made in 1983 and 1984

- They were not made by Goodman; they were made by Rawlings only

- They had strip tags in the back of the neck with embroidered numbers; same as the home and road game jerseys.

- They had names on back sewn onto nameplates (and much lower numbers than the BP jerseys)

- They were not mesh; they were a solid ployester
      Looking for ...

Comment

• TNTtoys
        • Aug 2006

Seller changed his listing and appears to be very appreciative that he now has all of the correct information. Definitely a class act!
        Looking for ...

Comment

• skyking26
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by TNTtoys
          Seller changed his listing and appears to be very appreciative that he now has all of the correct information. Definitely a class act!
          Nick, kudos to you for your solid research. A+ job. I believe your info to be correct. I knew this was not a Kingman jersey. With your assistance, he likely will get more $$ out of it as it is singled out to the championship year...

Peace -

RK
          ROBERT KOPPEL
          Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,

Comment

• dcrules01
            • Nov 2005

I sent a message to the seller last night stating the obvious..He was very thankful and as Nick said he had no problem changing the auction title..
            Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Comment

• skyking26
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by dcrules01
              I sent a message to the seller last night stating the obvious..He was very thankful and as Nick said he had no problem changing the auction title..
              Yep, definately a good guy. He apologized for making my quotes public to make a sale without permission and selling it first as a Kingman when I told him we did not have enough info.

Haste makes waste....
              ROBERT KOPPEL

Comment

Working...