PDA

View Full Version : VICK Signs with Eagles

b.heagy
08-13-2009, 08:25 PM
Lets hear your thoughts..............

spartakid
08-13-2009, 08:52 PM
Well, I guess Philly decided that he's worth all of the aggravation his presence will cause. Although, this could boost ticket sales and generate revenue for the city, when all the PETA members show up to boo him.......

skyking26
08-13-2009, 08:57 PM
If I were an Eagles fan; I would not be any longer after hearing of this...

dirtyla2000
08-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Great News, Vick Is In Stallworth Is Out! Vick Has Paid The Price,lets See If He Deserves Tihs Second Chance!

markize
08-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Mcnabb, Vick, Santa Clause...doesn't matter who you are in philadelphia, you're gonna get booed!! Perfect fit!

Mark

dirtyla2000
08-13-2009, 09:31 PM
Mcnabb, Vick, Santa Clause...doesn't matter who you are in philadelphia, you're gonna get booed!! Perfect fit!

Mark
stop hating on philly,you collect a gutless overpayed loser,SORIANO!

markize
08-13-2009, 09:45 PM
stop hating on philly,you collect a gutless overpayed loser,SORIANO!

hating? I saw it more as the truth!!

By the way, I love the nationals too! Bud is the man for bringing them to DC.

Mark

Vintagedeputy
08-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Oh the Giants fans are going to give him hell....I see it coming now.

stretch
08-13-2009, 09:55 PM
I doubt Philly has any problems selling tickets, but people will buy his jersey. I believe he gets paid just over 1 million the first year and the second year is a option for just over 5 million.

He comes back to Atlanta to take on the Falcons on December 6th. I have season tickets, already sold one pair to that game, and most likely won't be able to attend with the second pair I have.

I think Vick will do fine and Philly may have the fastest team now with the addition of Vick.

NYCrulesU
08-13-2009, 09:57 PM
It would have been so much better if NOBODY had signed him. Vick is a scumbag thug and doesn't deserve to be back in the NFL making millions.

skyking26
08-13-2009, 10:35 PM
It would have been so much better if NOBODY had signed him. Vick is a scumbag thug and doesn't deserve to be back in the NFL making millions.
Agreed... So many people contributing to the nation's unemployment rate; and this guy gets another job making big $$....

dirtyla2000
08-14-2009, 03:47 AM
hating? I saw it more as the truth!!

By the way, I love the nationals too! Bud is the man for bringing them to DC.

Mark
EVEN THE USELESS NATIONALS WERE SMART ENOUGH TO GET RID OF SORIALOSER! SOME DAY YOUR LOVED ONE S WILL SAY,WHY THE HELL DID HE COLLECT SORIANO,AND THEN PROCEED TO BURN YTHE STUFF!!!

markize
08-14-2009, 05:06 AM
EVEN THE USELESS NATIONALS WERE SMART ENOUGH TO GET RID OF SORIALOSER! SOME DAY YOUR LOVED ONE S WILL SAY,WHY THE HELL DID HE COLLECT SORIANO,AND THEN PROCEED TO BURN YTHE STUFF!!!

Hahaha!!!!!

I'm actually a yankees fan, but pissing you off with the nats comment made my day!! At least when my gamers get burned, they can go on the biggest burn pile in Canada- the Expos franchise!! I'll let my family know to make the trip to Canada.

Mark

markize
08-14-2009, 05:15 AM
Hahaha!!!!!

I'm actually a yankees fan, but pissing you off with the nats comment made my day!! At least when my gamers get burned, they can go on the biggest burn pile in Canada- the Expos franchise!! I'll let my family know to make the trip to Canada.

Mark

Ok, I just looked at my previous post, and I must apologize, the expos franchise isn't a burn pile, more like a shit pile. Just wanted to have the facts straight. Ok, I'm done posting on this thread. you have my permission to hijack this by yourself and have the last word, though it seems you never have anything intelligent to say.

jrd
08-14-2009, 06:05 AM

Agreed!!!

BULBUS
08-14-2009, 08:09 AM
WHY??????

As a Giants fan, I must say I'm kind of happy. For a team that seemed to be improving, this should be a distraction and cause problems within the organization. GO GIANTS!

cohibasmoker
08-14-2009, 08:37 AM
For the past few years, I've worked for the Eagles. In their employee yearbook (page 3) they preach integrity, values and respect for people - I guess animals don't count. Anyway, it now seems only certain employees have to abide by these rules while other don't so I just sent them a resignation letter.

I'm not a naive enough to think that my resignation will mean anything to the Eagles because it won't but my wife and I are happy with the decision and that's all that counts.

Jim

Gocong57
08-14-2009, 10:05 AM
I wouldn't let another man, let alone a convict, dictate my relationship with my beloved sports team or other aspects of my life.

The Eagles should've used their huge water cooler talk acquistion to pick up someone who could immeidately help out and not be so crazily notorious--e.g., T.O., Boldin.

markize
08-14-2009, 10:57 AM
For the past few years, I've worked for the Eagles. In their employee yearbook (page 3) they preach integrity, values and respect for people - I guess animals don't count. Anyway, it now seems only certain employees have to abide by these rules while other don't so I just sent them a resignation letter.

I'm not a naive enough to think that my resignation will mean anything to the Eagles because it won't but my wife and I are happy with the decision and that's all that counts.

Jim

Jim,

regardless of the Eagles position on your resignation, you have proved you are a man of high integrity. I applaud your decision.

Mark

xpress34
08-14-2009, 11:23 AM

Jim

Jim -

I already knew you were a man of High Integrity from the classy way you dealt with my situation in our current deal.

I applaud you for standing up for your values and principals - even knowing that those you stand up against don't have a clue.

Best wishes to you and yours -

Christopher R Smith

xpress34
08-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Was anyone really surprised that Vick was welcomed back with open arms to the NFL???

If Plaxico can work a deal, I'm sure he'll be back - just like Stallworth will be as well...

If you or I did what Vick did, not only would we still be in jail - we wouldn't be able to watlz back into our old lives within months of being released.

If you or I did what Plaxico and his buddy did - we would both have been in jail immediately and not having one of us released with no charges and the other (although not looking good for him right now) still 'working things out' within the court system...

And finally - if you or I had been DRUNK and hit and KILLED someone like Stallworth - we'd be spending the rest of our days behind bars... not 28 days or whatever BS sentence he got...

Just goes to show (again) that Money and Celebrity (along with one of the most powerful Unions in the world) behind you means you really can do no wrong... it just becomes 'something that happened' along the way as you become richer while treating the people who actually pay your way like dirt.

I sat out watching MNF with my friends last year due to financial issues - I may sit it out again this year in silent protest against all the SCUM who will still be making millions while getting away with crimes that would destroy most of our lives forever.

Just my .02.

- Chris

sportscentury
08-14-2009, 05:19 PM

Jim

Jim,

I am a long-time Eagles fan. But now, I am a cohibasmoker fan instead. If I were still in Philly, I'd buy you a beer and toast to your honor and integrity.

Reid

3arod13
08-14-2009, 07:02 PM
I wish Michael Vick all the best!

dirtyla2000
08-14-2009, 07:19 PM
I wish Michael Vick all the best!
AMEN!!!!!!!

suicide_squeeze
08-14-2009, 09:06 PM
AMEN!!!!!!!

The way I see this is the Eagles have a chance of really sending out a proper message.......and I hope they don't blow it.

If Michael Vick gets a chance to play, and he performs poorly.......the Eagles brass should take him back to the training room and drown him in the hot tub.

TriplexXxSports
08-15-2009, 07:11 AM
I applaud the Eagles organization for making Vick dedicate time and money to the local humane society.

I wish him the best too, but he will have to earn his respect back from the fans. I think this was a good move on the Eagle's owners part. Making this a part of his contract.

We will see how bad Vick wants it. His 'off the field' work will prove his worth more so than his 'on field' performance.

3arod13
08-15-2009, 08:52 AM
I wish him the best too, but he will have to earn his respect back from the fans.

Well said. For me, that's the bottom line. He committed a crime, served his time, now let's see what he has learned from it, and how he will now live his life.

Regards, Tony

3arod13
08-15-2009, 08:55 AM
Well said. For me, that's the bottom line. He committed a crime, served his time, now let's see what he has learned from it, and how he will now live his life.

Regards, Tony

Forgot to add, I also hate what Vick did, like many others. However, I see no need to continue to hate him for it. I just hope he does better things in the future to prove himself. That's all we can ask of him. He can't go back and change the past.

flaco1801
08-15-2009, 10:56 AM
my personal opinion is that he doesnt deserve a second chance til he earns it,,,,, with that said, maybe some defensive lineman will enact some just punishment.....

NYCrulesU
08-15-2009, 11:16 AM
my personal opinion is that he doesnt deserve a second chance til he earns it,,,,, with that said, maybe some defensive lineman will enact some just punishment.....

Well said. I agree 100%

suicide_squeeze
08-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Tony,

You know, I hear you, and I think it's honorable that you and others feel he (Vick) has done his time for the crime, and that he should be left to show us he is now a good man.

But I just have to respectably disagree.

The crimes he performed and masterminded were so sick in nature. This guy has a seriously warped character. He will not change, no matter what he does publicly. It will all be a farce.

I want to put this question out to all of you football fans.....

If you went on a job interview, and the background search done by the firm considering you for a position found you did two years serious time for committing a heinous felony.........what do you think your chances would be of getting hired?

Zero. Zilch. Nada. Furget-abowd-dit.

Are we as sports fans so intrenched in our desire for the dramatic, that we would just forget the cruel murderous wretched things this guy did just so we can see him in a football uniform again? Worse yet, are we so inclined to see the drama unfold as a society that we welcome this opportunity so we can all watch?

He was a professional football player, a glamorized star who made millions from endorsements from some of the most recognized names in the retail world. And what did he do with his fame and good fortune? He stuck his middle finger in everyones faces while he murdered poor defenseless animals who were "sub-par" in the hellish world he bought, created, and financed for them.

If he were a foreign National who came to our country and did this, you guys would all be screaming for his deportation.

Vick deserves nothing. I think the Eagles organization is a disgrace. I can't imagine a more destructive move for their own franchise.

I guess we'll just all see how it plays out. And that's the sickest part of all of this. I think the Eagles are just doing this to "cash in" on all of the drama and attention Vick will bring to the team.

I hope the Eagles implode with failure. And although I didn't say so earlier, I think cohibasmoker is a class act through and through as a human being for turning in his resignation. I don't even (honestly) know if I would have been able to do the same thing.

NYCrulesU
08-15-2009, 10:51 PM
Tony,

You know, I hear you, and I think it's honorable that you and others feel he (Vick) has done his time for the crime, and that he should be left to show us he is now a good man.

But I just have to respectably disagree.

The crimes he performed and masterminded were so sick in nature. This guy has a seriously warped character. He will not change, no matter what he does publicly. It will all be a farce.

I want to put this question out to all of you football fans.....

If you went on a job interview, and the background search done by the firm considering you for a position found you did two years serious time for committing a heinous felony.........what do you think your chances would be of getting hired?

Are we as sports fans so intrenched in our desire for the dramatic, that we would just forget the cruel murderous wretched things this guy did just so we can see him in a football uniform again? Worse yet, are we so inclined to see the drama unfold as a society that we welcome this opportunity so we can all watch?

He was a professional football player, a glamorized star who made millions from endorsements from some of the most recognized names in the retail world. And what did he do with his fame and good fortune? He stuck his middle finger in everyones faces while he murdered poor defenseless animals who were "sub-par" in the hellish world he bought, created, and financed for them.

If he were a foreign National who came to our country and did this, you guys would all be screaming for his deportation.

Vick deserves nothing. I think the Eagles organization is a disgrace. I can't imagine a more destructive move for their own franchise.

I guess we'll just all see how it plays out. And that's the sickest part of all of this. I think the Eagles are just doing this to "cash in" on all of the drama and attention Vick will bring to the team.

I hope the Eagles implode with failure. And although I didn't say so earlier, I think cohibasmoker is a class act through and through as a human being for turning in his resignation. I don't even (honestly) know if I would have been able to do the same thing.

Bravo sir. I absolutely agree with what you said and fee the same exact way.

dirtyla2000
08-15-2009, 10:54 PM
OK,ALL JOKES AND INSULTS ASIDE,THE CULTURE OF DOG FIGHTING HAS BEEN GOING ON IN YOUR COUNTRY FOR A LONG LONG TIME! IS IT RIGHT,OBVIOUSLY NOT! IF HE COULD BRING LIGHT TO A TOPIC YOU OBVIOUSLY FIND DEAR TO YOU,HE IS BETTER SERVED IN THE SPOTLIGHT WHERE HE COULD HELP STOP CRAP LIKE THAT.I AGREE IF HE IS CAUGHT WITH EVEN AN OUNCE OF MARIJUANA ON HIM,HE SHOULD BE DONE FOR GOOD! STOP BASHING THE EAGLES,ITS LUDICROUS TO BELIEVE THIS IS A PUBLICITY STUNT.THEY ARE IN THE TOP 5 WHEN IT COMES TO NFL FRANCHISES! I WISH HIM WELL,AND I KNOW THE MAJORITY OF THE U.S WISH HIM WELL,YOU GUYS WANT TO FORGIVE AND I UNDERSTAND YOU ALSO DONT WANT TO FORGET! THE EAGLES WILL WIN THE NFC WITH OR WITHOUT VICK! THANKYOU

I hope the Eagles implode with failure. And although I didn't say so earlier, I think cohibasmoker is a class act through and through as a human being for turning in his resignation. I don't even (honestly) know if I would have been able to do the same thing.[/quote]

nyjetsfan14
08-16-2009, 12:17 AM
This guy has a seriously warped character. He will not change, no matter what he does publicly. It will all be a farce.

It isn't you who decides who can and cannot change...who can or cannot redeem themselves...who can or cannot mature, learn, and improve....who can or cannot be saved. I think your post is way above your paygrade...

chakes89
08-16-2009, 12:37 AM
So does this mean I can wear my Michael Vick Falcons jersey again?

It's considered a throwback now right?

:D

3arod13
08-16-2009, 05:49 AM
Put yourself in Vicks shoes. I guarantee if you were being treated the same, you'd be crying for a second chance.

Always much easier to judge and be so hard when it's someone else.

sammy
08-16-2009, 08:40 AM
Matthew 7

Do Not Judge
"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?
Or how can you say to your brother, "Let me remove the speck from your eye'; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
"Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

otismalibu
08-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Sammy,

Would you sign my copy of Religulous?

NYCrulesU
08-16-2009, 09:45 AM
It's my opinion that religion and politics have no place on sports cards and sports memorabilia boards. And yes, I am religious. It still has no place here. As a matter of fact, on most sites, it's against the TOS.

MiLe HigH
08-16-2009, 10:29 AM
It's my opinion that religion and politics have no place on sports cards and sports memorabilia boards. And yes, I am religious. It still has no place here. As a matter of fact, on most sites, it's against the TOS.

I agree ...one place i can go and not hear about religon and or politics.

both-teams-played-hard
08-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Put yourself in Vicks shoes.
Why? I don't commit crimes.

I guarantee if you were being treated the same, you'd be crying for a second chance.
Who says? You don't know me. I never cry. I'm way too tough and macho.

Always much easier to judge and be so hard when it's someone else.
Yes. It is easy to judge criminals, because I am not a criminal and I do not commit crimes.

both-teams-played-hard
08-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Matthew 7

Do Not Judge
"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?
Or how can you say to your brother, "Let me remove the speck from your eye'; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
"Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

JORDAN 1:23

"If God is not a Tar Heel, why is the sky Carolina blue?"

frikativ54
08-16-2009, 02:33 PM
t

sammy
08-16-2009, 03:35 PM
----------------------------------------------

If some of you do not like my moral views, then don't post your moralistic views about Mr. Vick.

Judge the man on his athletic ability, and leave his morals, and yours, off the board.

frikativ54
08-16-2009, 03:48 PM

Rather, when we judge a man's character we should be using standards that everyone can agree on, not beliefs based on one person's faith.

The topic at hand was Michael Vick. And we have every right to criticize a man that was complicit in drowning and electrocuting a companion animal. Honestly, I don't know of one person's moral code where that behavior can be justified, under any circumstances.

In short, this has everything to do with common human decency. And I severely doubt that Michael Vick is anything but a sociopath, someone who thinks that innocent animals are only a means to the end of financial gain.

sammy
08-16-2009, 04:17 PM
"using standards that everyone can agree on"

It is impossible for everyone to agree on anything.

What Mr. Vick did is not considered a crime or a moral issue to a lot of people that engage in this kind of behavior.

What you may consider "common human decency" is irrelevant, to someone that does not.

I am not a humanist.

Mauer7
08-16-2009, 04:26 PM
I think Sheldon Brown of the Eagles said it best. Vick is someones child, imagine if this were your child. Would you want your child to get a second chance? Of course you would. And don't reply with "Oh my child would never do such a thing" because quite frankly, how do you know?

Give him a second chance. No third or fourth, but a second.

both-teams-played-hard
08-16-2009, 04:37 PM
I think Sheldon Brown of the Eagles said it best. Vick is someones child, imagine if this were your child. Would you want your child to get a second chance? Of course you would.

* cue violin music here.

otismalibu
08-16-2009, 04:57 PM
r

NYCrulesU
08-16-2009, 05:03 PM
I think Sheldon Brown of the Eagles said it best. Vick is someones child, imagine if this were your child. Would you want your child to get a second chance? Of course you would. And don't reply with "Oh my child would never do such a thing" because quite frankly, how do you know?

Give him a second chance. No third or fourth, but a second.

Regardless of him being anyones child, he's still scum. He's only sorry he got caught. People that are capable of such acts do not just suddenly develope remorse and empathy. Talk to a therapist or a psychologist, they will more or less tell you the same. And yes, I have scum in my family, unfortunately. I will not get into details. But I will say that even the closest relative (father, mother, daughter, son) of mine would be viewed the same had they committed these heinous acts. I speak from personal experience. Something clearly lacking from most who post on this topic, in this thread. Until you have a murderer, serial killer, sociopath, rapist etc in your immediate family you will have no clue whether or not you would forgive so easily. Trust me. What Vick did pales in comparison to some of the things I've seen and had to deal with from my immediate family.

It's easy to forgive, or say you would, when you haven't had to deal with such things personally.

3arod13
08-16-2009, 05:13 PM
I'm done posting on this thread. Good luck everyone.

frikativ54
08-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Did Jesus fire off many fat ass zingers?

Tell me about it. For now, I will stick to my own moral code, one that says that it's unethical to make fun of people with endocrine disorders that cause obesity. The same code that says that it's wrong to electrocute and drown animals.

frikativ54
08-16-2009, 05:25 PM
Regardless of him being anyones child, he's still scum. He's only sorry he got caught. People that are capable of such acts do not just suddenly develope remorse and empathy. Talk to a therapist or a psychologist, they will more or less tell you the same. And yes, I have scum in my family, unfortunately. I will not get into details. But I will say that even the closest relative (father, mother, daughter, son) of mine would be viewed the same had they committed these heinous acts. I speak from personal experience. Something clearly lacking from most who post on this topic, in this thread. Until you have a murderer, serial killer, sociopath, rapist etc in your immediate family you will have no clue whether or not you would forgive so easily. Trust me. What Vick did pales in comparison to some of the things I've seen and had to deal with from my immediate family.

It's easy to forgive, or say you would, when you haven't had to deal with such things personally.

I appreciate your saying that. I have dealt with a number of sociopaths in the prison system, through mere correspondence. Even in letters, these people are taxing to deal with - they are only out to get something from you, and don't display any empathy or remorse for the grave crimes that they have committed. That being said, I cannot imagine having a monster in my own family.

As I said, just corresponding with the worst in human society makes me believe that Vick is right up there. The same attitudes and being impervious to any moral scruples or the rule of law, are evident in Vick. There is no remorse, only wanting something for himself, namely, to play football. The sad thing is that in our society people are in awe of athletes, not people's moral actions.

suicide_squeeze
08-16-2009, 10:24 PM

If some of you do not like my moral views, then don't post your moralistic views about Mr. Vick.

Judge the man on his athletic ability, and leave his morals, and yours, off the board.[/quote]

sammy, I don't know you, or have an agenda to have anything close to resembling an argument with you, but dude.....

It just so happens that peoples morals can cross lines in society call LAWS. When they BREAK them, and certain ones are definately worse than others, all other things like athletic ability kind of take a back seat.

Who really cares about Michael Vicks athletic prowess when he is financing an arena for dogs raised in a living hell where their only out is to fight well enough to kill their own kind, or die themselves as they drown to death?

Is there really any reason to discuss this any further?
All I have to do is comprehend what he did, and know that his second chance is a hard teeth-breaking punch in the mouth to everyone in society that has a warm heart, and love for living creatures.

dirtyla2000
08-17-2009, 05:35 AM
t

sammy
08-17-2009, 07:21 AM
-------------------------------------------------------
y

suicide_squeeze
08-17-2009, 09:46 AM
Here guys......read about your fine citizen who deserves another chance.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9944918/Vick-says-he-cried-in-prison-on-

It took him placement in his prison cell to finally break down and realize the wrong he referred to as "excitement". Yeah, I see he's well on his way to redeaming himself to society.

Let me just state the obvious.....if it takes your ass hitting the cot in a 7 x 9 cell to make you realize you're involved with something seriously warped, socially wrong, and cruelly vicious to living creatures most have as their precious pets.....then you've got problems that won't be corrected by some time in a correctional facility.

Losing his $135,000,000 contract, making him the highest paid football player is no doubt what made this loser cry, because he hasn't the genetic make-up between the ears to know the difference between right and wrong, or what it means to be "human".

Like I said before, if he were me or you, we'de have no job to go back to, let alone a contract for millions. This is yet another disgusting display of just how warped and screwed up our Nation, our society, and our views of how to send out proper messages to wrongdoers has reached. Michael Vick ought to be given a wet/dry vacuum to suck up all the spit on the sidelines of a professional football game. That's a job fitting of his character.

I, too, am done with this thread. There's nothing else I can add.