PDA

View Full Version : Advice on fielding glove(s)

spartakid
08-14-2009, 12:48 AM
Ok, so my general question is whether or not there is a definitive way, or at least one that's almost always accurate to determine whether or not a glove is game used (or at least issued to the player. The specific glove I'm looking at is unique in the fact that the number is stitched in a different spot than all but one if the player's gloves that I could find on getty. In other words I found a style match to the glove in a three month period in '08. So this means that either the glove shown in the pictures during that time period is the glove that's at auction, or the one at auction isn't game used. The date code says that the glove was produced in october of '07 and the glove begins to appear in March of '08 in pictures with the stitching that is different from all the other gloves he's used over his career. I have no reason to suspect that the glove is fake, but I'm wondering if anyone can tell me whether or not there's something to look for. Is there someone at Rawlings I can call to verify the glove or anything. I assume that stitching can be done after the fact on gloves as well, so I didn't take that as something that automatically makes it authentic. Well, thanks for taking the time to read this, and any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks, Ricardo

spartakid
08-14-2009, 12:49 AM
Sorry, forgot to add, the code was BEEO, so I hope I interpreted that correctly as 10-07.