PDA

View Full Version : Where do NFL Team Bar-Codes Come From on NFL Jerseys?

RKO18
08-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Hey guys,

I've been looking at a few jerseys that have NFL Team bar-codes near the neck-tags. Here is an example of one of them...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120458564812&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I imagine this means that the jersey originated from the team. But is there any way to look these bar-codes up in a database?

Also, how can we tell if the jersey was "worn" or "issued"?

I wasn't sure if the bar-code meant that it was worn so I figured I'd ask some of you who might have a few such jerseys.

josportsco
08-14-2009, 11:09 PM
The heat pressed labels with bar codeing information are the team inventory system. Several teams use these. They are simply heat pressed in by the team. There is no way to tell if they are issued or worn etc. They display other information like year, number, set etc. they are inserted for team purpose only.

Lokee
08-15-2009, 12:11 AM
On a side note I visit the Seahawks and Mariners team store about 2 times a week. The Mariners store is over priced unless you hit a sale. The Seahawks one is fairly reasonable.

Alot of that ebay sellers items come from there as I have seen them one week and then they are sold the next. I think he mucy buy in bulk and get some kind of discount.

skinsfan0521
08-15-2009, 08:14 AM
Yeah, I asked him about the Kacyvenski practice jersey that he has for sale right now. He says that he gets all of his stuff right from the Seahawks and they don't issue COAs so that's why he doesn't, but he guarantees they're real. I believe him because I've seen a LOT of other stuff he's sold and it all seems legit. I haven't inspected anything in person, but everything has checked out from what I can tell from his auctions.

-Brian

Lokee
08-15-2009, 02:03 PM
I can vouch for the guy they are all LEGIT as stated above he gets them all from the team store. Most of them have the bar code on them even the sideline jackets they sell have them.