PDA

View Full Version : HISTORIC AUCTIONS McGWIRE JERSEY

hblakewolf
05-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Forum Readers-

Several collectros have asked my opinion on the "1998 McGwire home jersey" in the Historic Auction:

http://www.historicauctions.com/search/list/auctionid/32461/

As an advanced McGwire collector who has both a home and road 1998 Mac jersey to compare this to, I question one glaring feature: This jersey in question has the MLB logo on the back of the collar, a feature institued by all teams in 2000. I know McGwire was ahead of the times, however, this is the first time I have seen a player wear a style of jersey two seasons before it was introduced!

I tried to email Historic auctions directly frm this McGwire page, however, I am not registered and thus, can't email to them. Eric, maybe you can make contact, as this is the Forum rule.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Eric
05-24-2006, 07:51 PM
I'll take care of it Howard. I'm already reaching out to them about other stuff...

Eric

HistoricAuctions
05-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Howard: I thank you for bringing to our attention the McGwire jersey. Until we contact the consignor and further determine the authenticity of the jersey, I have removed the jersey from the auction. If there is anything else I can personally help you with, please feel free to contact me directly @ james@historicauctions.com (james@historicauctions.com)

Eric: I just did a search through our system and through our company EMail and you have not contacted us regarding anything. I’m really not sure which "other stuff" you are reaching out to us regarding because the only EMail I have received is when you registered for our site this evening. If there are any questions or concerns you have, please contact me at the above address or use the form at the bottom of every auction.

As with our first auction, we are dedicated to providing superior customer service and only 100% authentic items. I hope you enjoy our current auction and have a wonderful time bidding.

--
James

Eric
05-24-2006, 09:14 PM
I sent you 3 emails today to the address on your historic auctions "open auction" announcement- perhaps, that's not an address that people check.

I'll happily send an email to you at the address you provided.
Thanks
Eric

hblakewolf
05-24-2006, 09:22 PM
James-
Thanks for the update. What I find interesting is that you have a Cardinals jersey with 1998 year tags, however, could not have been worn until 2 seasons later. Likewise, there is another glaring problem with this jersey that I will be more than happy to discuss with you off line. Please provide me with a phone number and I'll speak with you about it.

Once you have made contact with the consignor, can you please post a response for all on the Forum to read?

Thanks for the quick response and attention to this.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

www.jerseydave.com
05-24-2006, 11:10 PM
I sent James a e-mail about the 2005 Soriano Texas jersey. There no metion of the #26 Memorial patch that was worn that season in Memory of Johnny Oates... nor is there any mention of the serial #'d patch that is suppose to be sewn inside the jersey... I will post what James responds with or James can post here himself...

hblakewolf
05-31-2006, 12:39 PM
As of today, I have not heard back about the McGwire jersey in question. Likewise, I have not seen any response to JerseyDaves question about the Rangers jersey.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Historic Auction, can you please provide an update?

Thanks.
Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

mr.miracle
05-31-2006, 12:46 PM
Howard,

I just sent an email to James about 1 hour ago asking if there had been any conclusion made into the questions on the McGwire. I have not heard back as of yet but again, it has only been 1 hour. I am very curious as to the response to your inquiry as well.

Brett

HistoricAuctions
05-31-2006, 01:06 PM
As of today, I have not heard back about the McGwire jersey in question. Likewise, I have not seen any response to JerseyDaves question about the Rangers jersey.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Historic Auction, can you please provide an update?

Thanks.
Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Howard,

Which McGwire jersey are you inquiring about? You only EMailed me about one jersey and I wrote you back regarding it (32830).

Also, we have pulled 32461.

By the way, I haven't answered JerseyDaves yet because I had to have the jersey pulled from the warehouse so I could answer his question. I will be emailing JerseyDaves directly regarding the answer, so it is really up to him if you will see the response.

--
James

HistoricAuctions
05-31-2006, 01:07 PM
Howard,

I just sent an email to James about 1 hour ago asking if there had been any conclusion made into the questions on the McGwire. I have not heard back as of yet but again, it has only been 1 hour. I am very curious as to the response to your inquiry as well.

Brett

Brett,

I am pulling the items to get you additional photos.

--
James

Eric
06-02-2006, 06:17 PM
I sent James a e-mail about the 2005 Soriano Texas jersey. There no metion of the #26 Memorial patch that was worn that season in Memory of Johnny Oates... nor is there any mention of the serial #'d patch that is suppose to be sewn inside the jersey... I will post what James responds with or James can post here himself...

Dave-
Was there ever a response to this?
Eric

www.jerseydave.com
06-02-2006, 07:30 PM
Dave-
Was there ever a response to this?
Eric

Eric, no sir...not a single response other than James posting inside this post that he would get back directly to me which he never did. Not sure how hard it is to see if there is a patch on the sleeve and inside the jersey...but I guess that depends on how far the warehouse is from James as well.

James... do you have a answer for me?

David
www.jerseydave.com (http://www.jerseydave.com)

Baseballrings100@aol.com

Baseballrings100@aol.com

cjmedina1
06-02-2006, 10:04 PM
Eric

I email this auction site about the Mac bats.No response for almost a week.I just wanted to know what year are the bats?I guess they don't answer they don't want anyones business.:confused:

Carlie Medina III

carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

www.jerseydave.com
06-13-2006, 11:26 PM
Howard,

Which McGwire jersey are you inquiring about? You only EMailed me about one jersey and I wrote you back regarding it (32830).

Also, we have pulled 32461.

By the way, I haven't answered JerseyDaves yet because I had to have the jersey pulled from the warehouse so I could answer his question. I will be emailing JerseyDaves directly regarding the answer, so it is really up to him if you will see the response.

--
James

James, you made this post on May 31st and now it is June 13th. I asked a very basic and simple question about if the 2005 Rangers Soriano jersey that you have advertised as possibly being one of a very few, if any, to be out in the marketplace. I understand you went to Chicago... but it has been 14 days since you posted here and about me asking you a question. So I will ask again, but for the last time. Does your Soriano jersey have the Johnny Oates Memorial #26 patch that was worn ALL season and does it have a security id tag sewn on the inside hem? I understand being busy, I really do... but your actions are making very hard for myself and many in my circle to even want to bid on any of your items... This is not meant to be a slam, but if you cannot answer a simple question like this. Do you really feel we should trust you enough that all of your items are real, or have at least gone through the proper authentication process to be sold as such?

David Serviss
www.jerseydave.com (http://www.jerseydave.com)
817-454-5177
Baseballrings100@aol.com

mr.miracle
06-14-2006, 10:14 AM
I had asked James for closeup photos of the two McGwire bats on this auction. I asked for that as soon as the auction was up and running. James responded on here on this very forum thread that he had pulled the bats for photos and would be sending them soon. James posted that thread on May 31st, it is now June 14th still have never received the photos or a response to that request or a follow up to several emails that I have sent to him. Not sure what is going on at this point but I too would be very hesitant to bid on anything further.

Thanks
Brett

ahuff
06-14-2006, 09:03 PM
I contacted James in order to find out where the team COA were for the Blue Jay jerseys (Halladay and Chacin) since they were lacking the clubhouse markings for game worn jerseys. I will let you know what I hear back.