PDA

View Full Version : NFL Game Used?

NEFAN
08-15-2009, 03:51 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180397158260&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

I asked this guy why a Wilson 1001 ball was used in an NFL game, here's the response.

"this was a prototype test ball used in NFL game. . It was from the personal collection of Nick Capolla, Premier game used uniform equipment collector in the country."

Thoughts?

spartakid
08-15-2009, 03:52 PM
I'd probably ask him what game, then you could look for pics to verify.

BorchertField
08-17-2009, 09:25 AM
I'm very skeptical.

Why would they use a college ball to test striping patterns? Why not just mark up an official NFL game ball?

saftey45
08-24-2009, 09:51 PM
Not an expert, but I purchased this football. I have 2 of them. They have branded into them "exclusive wilson nfl pattern". I am not sure of this exact football, but in the early 80's wilson produced this striped patterned football for use in the probowl game. It was a test for visibility. I receivers hated it because it memerized them as the ball came closer to them. That is what I recall of the stripes. As for the ball itself 1000-afcrt I am not sure. I had a friend that worked at wilson in plant in River Grove IL. she had given me a catalog with them in it for purchase. Of course I asked for the orange wilson football instead. :( I've been trying to find photos or something on the wilson or NFL sites but so far zippo. If anyone else has info. pass it on. Hope this sheds some light. I don't think it made it to a NFL game but I am pretty sure it or a regulation ball with the stripes did. mike