Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NEFAN
    • Jul 2008

NFL Game Used?

I asked this guy why a Wilson 1001 ball was used in an NFL game, here's the response.

"this was a prototype test ball used in NFL game. . It was from the personal collection of Nick Capolla, Premier game used uniform equipment collector in the country."

Thoughts?

• spartakid
    • Oct 2008

Re: NFL Game Used?

I'd probably ask him what game, then you could look for pics to verify.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Comment

• BorchertField
      • May 2009

I'm very skeptical.

Why would they use a college ball to test striping patterns? Why not just mark up an official NFL game ball?

Comment

• saftey45
        • Jan 2006

Not an expert, but I purchased this football. I have 2 of them. They have branded into them "exclusive wilson nfl pattern". I am not sure of this exact football, but in the early 80's wilson produced this striped patterned football for use in the probowl game. It was a test for visibility. I receivers hated it because it memerized them as the ball came closer to them. That is what I recall of the stripes. As for the ball itself 1000-afcrt I am not sure. I had a friend that worked at wilson in plant in River Grove IL. she had given me a catalog with them in it for purchase. Of course I asked for the orange wilson football instead. I've been trying to find photos or something on the wilson or NFL sites but so far zippo. If anyone else has info. pass it on. Hope this sheds some light. I don't think it made it to a NFL game but I am pretty sure it or a regulation ball with the stripes did. mike

Comment

Working...