PDA

View Full Version : Brewers team store crazy prices

jjkraner
08-15-2009, 09:29 PM
Has anyone seen the new prices at miller park. Gamel bat that was 250 two weeks ago is now 1200. Cameron Jersey that was 700 is now 1500. Are you serious. Even a bill hall bat that is worth about a hundred bucks is at 1200. If the stuff wasnt selling early it wont sell now.

Texstros
08-15-2009, 09:34 PM
Wow - I guess I will stop complaining about the Astros Team store! Those are some crazy prices!

chuck70
08-16-2009, 01:54 AM
I was there on Friday and seen how the prices had jumped up from when I was there on Tuesday,it is insane!!!!I couldn't believe how for an example a Mike Cameron helmet went from $425 to $1200! The only bat I seen under $1200 was the Pink Mothers Day Craig Counsell Bat! Not sure what they are thinking raising them so high ,but hope they realize that they the aren't going to sell anything that way!!!!

Chuck

E-Mail chuck112770@yahoo.com

Trublubrucru
08-16-2009, 01:32 PM
Went to the game on Friday, I asked for the updated game used list at the home plate store, they said they had no list, try the Fan Zone. I try the Fan Zone, they show me a list from July 13. I asked for an updated list. A few minutes later the new list shows (just one)and all the recent stuff has quadrupled in price. Helmets over a Grand? Bats starting at 800? Three employees had no idea what was going on, and the one lady that helped me said, "That's the way we do it now, eventually the prices will come down the longer an item is here." Oh, that's just great, can't wait.

Helmets I wrote down:

Bill Hall 800
Dave Bush 1000
Mike Cameron 1200
Yo Gallardo 1200
Al Escobar 1200
Was laughing too much to do more

mattmueller
08-27-2009, 02:25 PM
I had a chance to talk to a couple of people familiar with the price hike and why it was done. The first reason seems to stem from the team's recent success in selling game used items via the MLB.com auction platform. For instance, they were able to sell Braun and Fielder jerseys via the auction at a significant premium to the prices they were historically offered in the team store. Therefore, there appears to be a shift to using the auction format in an effort to a) reach fans outside of Milwaukee and b) get more money. Also, there has been a decided increase in certain game used items that were apparently purchased from the team store quickly appearing on public auction sites (e.g. eBay) and being offered/selling for multiples of what the team sold them for. For example, a Braun bat purchased for $425 quickly appearing on eBay with a BIN of ~$1,000. That apparently provides people a pretty good sign that they did not price some items at the "market" price.

As a reaction to the above, the team significantly raised pricese on all game used items and will use the auction format more. My opinion, there is obviously a middle ground that needs to be reached and differentiation drawn between trying to match the market with high-demand players' items Braun and Fielder, then lesser demanded player items. However, it seems that for the time being, the team is going to be content to err on the side of higher prices and not lower until they can determine what the proper market price is for the items.

Matt

emann
08-27-2009, 03:16 PM
The organization probably realizes that star player items can bring big bucks, but don't want to insult other current players by pricing their items at a tenth of Braun & Fielder's stuff. I'd imagine they might rather leave it all high, sell the star items and dump the rest in the offseason when none of the players are watching...

... or they could just be clueless and money hungry.