PDA

View Full Version : Game Used Soccer Jerseys

shafrancollectibles.com
08-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Is anybody on here familiar with values/availability of game used international soccer jerseys? I just bought some from Steiner's auction from the World Football Championship games in the US in July. Really have no clue about their value but they seemed cheap enough to try a few out. Anybody deal with such items?

================================================== ==
brad@shafrancollectibles.com

genius
08-17-2009, 09:08 AM
I have a couple of cool vintage ones, an England home 1965 shirt worn by one of their World Cup-winners and an Ireland circa 1965 shirt worn in a "friendly". Looking to flip them in Europe...I think there is a large market for this type of memorabilia just as there is here for US sports.

LEGEND33
08-17-2009, 10:54 AM
can you send me the pic of the England jersey at
newland@tin.it
thanks!

kudu
08-17-2009, 05:29 PM
I would try this website http://www.bigsoccer.com/ Goto the Forum section and there should be a forum on there for Collectors.

Taishan
08-19-2009, 08:25 PM
I picked up my first last month.

The problem with game worn soccer jerseys is that there is zero regulation of them, and players wear a new one every game and many times every half. Tough items to collect, imo.

shafrancollectibles.com
08-19-2009, 09:20 PM
Thanks for all the help. Got the jerseys in and 3 of them showed really good use - they were easily the worst smelling items I have ever received. Unpacked them to check them out and immediately packed them back up in several layers! One smelled brand new but it's a gorgeous looking jersey that I enjoy owning.

the3lads
09-05-2009, 12:10 PM
What do you have? I'm interested. Drop me a line at the3lads@yahoo.com

Football (soccer to you fellas) shirts are good items to collect. Just depends who wore it and when.

the3lads
09-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Just a word on footy shirts. Managed to get my hands on 2 shirts from the WFC summer tournament. Genuine shirts are very difficult to come by, as many player-issue shirts are sold as game used, when in fact they were only "match/game prepared" or not issued at all. So, the Steiner auction was pretty good, as you got the real (sweaty) thing!

Over in the UK and Europe, people pay top prices for actual match-used shirts, especially if the shirt can be traced to a particular match.

I have stayed away from football shirts, due to the authenticity issue, but the Steiner/WFC shirts were a nice surprise.

Also picked up an Nesta shirt (AC Milan) for very little, which in Europe, would probably have fetched four or five times the price that I paid!

Now, if you want to go after really good and tough items, try RUGBY shirts!