PDA

View Full Version : Getting bored....

genius
08-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Anyone else think that there's very little new and exciting on the market these days? Are there really any great g/u left items to be unearthed?

sportscentury
08-17-2009, 06:04 PM
Not so much bored as annoyed... I just can't remember when I've seen so many crap basketball jerseys floating around on eBay. Tired of looking at so much junk.

frikativ54
08-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Anyone else think that there's very little new and exciting on the market these days? Are there really any great g/u left items to be unearthed?

Maybe you should re-evaluate the time you spend on game used. For me, collecting only gets boring when I spend too much time on it. Change your focus; collect something else. If you are tired of collecting altogether, take a break. You'll be excited again some other time.

zookerman182
08-17-2009, 06:24 PM
there is alot of junk out there in general. You just have to be patient for the good stuff to pop up.

Its wierd because there could be 3 or 4 of your players bats on ebay and you could just wait and pick one up at a later time. Then when you are ready to add one to your collection this players bat is nowhere to be found for months at a time. Now that can get annoying.

both-teams-played-hard
08-17-2009, 06:42 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160349284731&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1123#ht_500wt_1022

5 Grand worth of excitement.

shoremen44
08-17-2009, 07:23 PM
In terms of baseball, I have actually found this year to be quite exciting... while great pieces from my boy Pujols have been tough to find... other bats have been great fun and very exciting.

MLB games online means I have been able to photomatch a ton of stuff

nickacs
08-17-2009, 07:41 PM
Not so much bored as annoyed... I just can't remember when I've seen so many crap basketball jerseys floating around on eBay. Tired of looking at so much junk.

Exactly bro :) I see sooo many Jordan "game worn" jerseys on Ebay the last 3 months alone and almost every one of them I can spot fake just by the NOB style. It's like you have to go through a whole mound of crap just to get that one gold coin! lol...
I'm just tired of every "game worn" jersey on Ebay touting an auction house letter (esp our buddy Lou) and they think it's 100% legit. :rolleyes:

Thank goodness for this place to help each other out! :)

karamaxjoe
08-18-2009, 02:14 PM

This is strictly a reflection of the economy.

Nobody is willing to sell their older quality stuff and take a loss. Every time I've received an auction catalog this year, I've been disappointed with the much smaller selection of game used stuff and most of it is the same old retread modern jerseys.

You definetly can't complain about not finding anything from players from the last ten to twenty years. MLB auctions and team stores will continue to flood the market with this stuff until the supply outweighs the demand. I'm guessing that will never happen, but that's probably what all the card companies said in the eighties.