PDA

View Full Version : Purchase(s) you regret NOT making

chakes89
08-17-2009, 08:19 PM
I regret not buying Evan Longoria Signed Game Used bats for $250 before the 2008 Season

:mad: :( :mad: :eek:

corsairs22
08-17-2009, 08:24 PM
17 years ago, a dealer was selling vintage non-hall game used bats for about $175. He also had a George Grantham bat for sale for about $350 for it. Well, I'm waiting for the next one to surface.

reed1216
08-17-2009, 09:00 PM
Mine has to be a 1980 Expos Ron LeFlore game worn jersey, offered by Classic Collectibles (who specializes in hockey stuff) about a year ago. Grey Flannel had one too (maybe the same one) for sale recently. By the time I stumbled upon it, it was purchased.

I'm still looking for LeFlore game used bats or jerseys from either the Tigers, Expos or White Sox. Please let me know if anyone has anything...

spartakid
08-17-2009, 09:09 PM
This topic has already been touched on here: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=24873&highlight=trigger+shy

HENMICK44
08-17-2009, 09:20 PM
A 1992 Reds Paul Oneill home white jersey! Just couldn't afford it at the time. HENMICK44@OPTONLINE.Net

slambam
08-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Earlier this year at a Cardinal game, Colby Rasmus bat for $150 (I think, may have been $175). I thought hard about it, and really wish I would have gotten it now. Obviously, he's only a rookie still, so we'll see how I feel in a couple years.

whatupyos
08-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Back in the mid 90's a Mark McGwire autographed game used BP jacket at the team auction. I was a teenager, and wish I would have pulled the trigger and placed a bid!! It kills me to this day.

Aaron

skyking26
08-17-2009, 10:40 PM
Was offered a 77 Kingman Padres home jersey about a year and a half ago. I thought I had 24-48 hours to decide. It was gone before I could even utter a response.

That would be about it, so I deem myself lucky I just have 1.

RK

jppopma
08-18-2009, 12:23 AM
I usually don’t regret too much, since I am always looking for a variety of things. But there are a few that just seem to stick in the back of my head….

Grand Rapids Griffins alternate jersey, I don’t even remember what player it was. It was one of those post game auctions, and the first couple jerseys were not getting much interest and they even dropped the opening bid down to around $75 or so. I was looking for one another player, so I held off. When the player I wanted came up, there was a major bidding war and it went for over $1,000 (well out of my range). Something about that bidding sparked the crowd and the rest of the jerseys each went for over $350, even for the no namers. I’ve only been to a few of these post game auctions since because of how outrageous the bidding on them gets.

The other is sorta off the wall and quirky, so I was on the fence about it when it came available. It was a full pro mascot from the Battle Creek Yankees right after the team folded. Complete with the head, full suit, jerseys, and even carrying bag. If I recall correctly, it ended up going for something like $175 which seems pretty low. I know its crazy and have no idea what I would have done with it…but I can’t say I have seen any other pro mascot costumes surface since then.

STLCardinalscollector
08-18-2009, 10:25 AM
There are a few things that I have been outbid on, but I was in the Cardinals team store in 2007, and they were selling pieces of the cluhouse carpet. They also had a piece that was 11' x 11' with the Cardinal logo. I thought I would wait until the next time I was there, and then get it if it was still there.
Well you know the rest of that story, every time I look at the 2006 Championship photo of the team on that carpet I want to puke because I didn't pull the trigger.
Maybe someday I will run across it.
David
Dcardfan@aol.com

Always looking for Cardinals game used, or unusal items.

jrd
08-18-2009, 11:00 AM
A few years ago I started to put together a set of single signed baseballs from the 1989 A's championship team. There was a Gene Nelson auto ball on ebay and I didn't have a high enough max bid so I lost it by $1. Now it's the only one I need and I haven't seen another one since. :(

nationals2k9
08-18-2009, 11:06 AM
There was an Utley g/u Sam bat on Ebay a few weeks ago... had mad use and was uncracked. Jumped up to $350 relatively quick but then stayed there and actually ended at the same $350. I'd easily pay more than that for a nice Utley Sam... didn't know it was going to top out so quick!

Most Utley Sam bats have little/no use or have odd handles or are signed and priced incredibly high.

Huron
08-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Reed1216,

I may be able to help you out on a LeFlore gamer. Send me a message at randerson@leesherman.com.

Best,
Rick

shoremen44
08-18-2009, 02:16 PM
I had a chance at Pujols' 2004 game used World Series bat... I hesitated and it was gone