Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pietraynor
    • Nov 2005

Mother's Day 'Pink' Bats Are Up

Special Mother's Day/Breast Cancer Awareness "Pink" Bats are beginning to be listed on MLB.com...Some current items include gamers from Jeter, ARod, Posada & other Yankees..There are also several Team Signed bats..take a look!
  • suave1477
    Banned
    • Jan 2006

Re: Mother's Day 'Pink' Bats Are Up

WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT A MINUTE!!!!!!!

Everyone read this post i am writing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When the first thread was put up about these mothers day bat and everyone can read it, we all talked about about who ised the mothers day bats I personally mentioned JORGE POSADA bcuz i was watching that game and I mentioned in that thread it was funny how JORGE POSADA never used his mothers day bat in that game AND EVEN THE ANNOUNCERS POINTED IT OUT HOW HIS BAT WAS SITTING IN THE GRASS WHILE HE USED HIS REGULAR BAT.

HOW IS IT MLB AUCTIONS ARE SELLING A GAME USED MOTHERS DAY JORGE POSADA GAME USED BAT?????????????????
    Jorge Posada Game-Used and Signed 2006 Mother's Day Bat

Current Bid: $ 375.00
    Bids: 3

Comment

• BoneRubbedBat
      • Jul 2005

......the fine print:

"*Game-used encompases batting practice and/or the game itself."

I guess MLB has finally defined "game use" for us.

Marcus
      sigpic

Always looking for vintage game used bats of Houston Buffs and Colt .45's players.

Comment

• suave1477
        Banned
        • Jan 2006

I am starting to question MLB'A authentication process as we all hold are higest regards to MLB as I did also thinking to ourselves of all orginaztions that will not try to pull a wool over our eyes or pass something off bcuz it has the potential of being Game Used instead of it actually being Game Used it shows that there process is not as secure as we thought.

My reason for making this comment I have another item that was MLB authenticated. Sold to me as Game Used and the item does not show one drop of use on it anywhere. I am in the middle of the process right now of having them re-look at the item and make a judgement call to either refund my money or replace it for something else.

So now in my eyes these are 2 incidents of possible misleading!!!

Comment

• norristrophy
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by suave1477
          WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT A MINUTE!!!!!!!

Everyone read this post i am writing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When the first thread was put up about these mothers day bat and everyone can read it, we all talked about about who ised the mothers day bats I personally mentioned JORGE POSADA bcuz i was watching that game and I mentioned in that thread it was funny how JORGE POSADA never used his mothers day bat in that game AND EVEN THE ANNOUNCERS POINTED IT OUT HOW HIS BAT WAS SITTING IN THE GRASS WHILE HE USED HIS REGULAR BAT.

HOW IS IT MLB AUCTIONS ARE SELLING A GAME USED MOTHERS DAY JORGE POSADA GAME USED BAT?????????????????
          Jorge Posada Game-Used and Signed 2006 Mother's Day Bat

Current Bid: $ 375.00
          Bids: 3
          Same thing happened when the NHL used the pink sticks earlier in the year. Many players only warmed up with them and not too many used them in the game. It is up to you the buyer to make sure the item you are going after was actually used in game play by watching the footage.

Comment

• BULBUS
            • Nov 2005

i dont think arod used his in the game either?? correct me if i'm wrong. i know that jeter only used his in his first at bat and grounded out. that bat is going to go for a lot of money. it would have been cool if they wrote game used and the date.
            Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
            sigpic
            donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• suave1477
              Banned
              • Jan 2006

Norris Trophy well unfortunately I do not have the time in my life to watch every basbeball game ever played by a certain player to track down the exact time he used the bat that I have.
              But if your offering to take the time off of work for about a year to sit at home and watch for me ill go out an get every footage i can find and ill send it to you!!!!!!

Bulbus thats an interesting statement you made i wasnt particularly paying attention to AROD ( as i cant stand him and think hes over rated ) but from memory i dont remember him using his either.

Comment

• norristrophy
                • Feb 2006

Norris Trophy well unfortunately I do not have the time in my life to watch every basbeball game ever played by a certain player to track down the exact time he used the bat that I have.
                But if your offering to take the time off of work for about a year to sit at home and watch for me ill go out an get every footage i can find and ill send it to you!!!!!!
                You'll find Getty Images works wonders for this type of thing. Especially when they used them on a specific date/timeframe.

Comment

• trsent
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2005

What is the big deal? MLB clearly states that game used can be used in batting practice. They are not looking to pull a fast one on anyone, so stop wasting your time complaining because their description is clear as day and honest.

If you don't like it, buy from someone you like but stop pointing fingers at what appears to be a legitimate operation.

Comment

• sportscentury
                    • Nov 2005

Hi, Suave...

I understand your concern ... many hobbyists don't consider "game used" to include used equipment that never made it into a real game. However, the fact that it was stated that, in these auctions, game used includes batting-practice-used items is important and clarifying information that many sellers neglect to include in their auctions for BP-used items. Perhaps it would be even clearer if the titles distinguished the BP items from the "game used" items (and perhaps that is what you had in mind), but the auctions do make the clarification and they are welcome to define the term game used as they like.

They seem like some pretty cool bats to me.

Best of luck if you decide to bid.

Reid
                    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• mr.miracle
                      • Apr 2006

Hello Mr. Suave:

Can't you stand ARod because in the big games he pulls a bigger disappearing act than Harry Houdini? There is a picture of Alex in the dictionary of terminology if there is such a thing, under the term disappears in the clutch. Alex is like the Anti-James Worthy. Big game James was about as clutch as anyone could be in the Playoffs, Alex is about as disappointing as anyone can be in the playoffs.
                      Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Comment

• suave1477
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2006

MrMiracle i couldnt have said it any better. I find it a bit amazing how people swoon over him and yet he produces when its not needed if were up in a game by 20 runs he hits 3 home runs to add to it, but if were down by one run and anyone including my grand mother could be on base he strikes out, MAYBE THATS IT ILL TELL MY GRANDMOTHER TO STOP RUNNING ON TO THE FIELD. LOL LOL LOL

NorrisTrophy I think you ttoally missed my whole comment i was not just referring too the pink bats i am also referring to the bat I bought as Game Used and ( IT DOESNT HAVE A MARK ON IT AT ALL, NOT EVEN FROM BATTING PRACTICE ). I can live with the whole GAME USED/BATTING PRACTICE THING. I cant live with not a mark of a ball anywhere and it being considered GAME USED.

As far as the other persons comment I find it amzing how they repeatedly announce that they cannot see mt threads and put me on some kind of ignore option yet they know I started the post and always make reply comments to my posts that I leave. This guy must be alling Dionne Warwick and her pshyhic friends.

OH YEAH I BELIVE THAT PERSON WAS WARNED NOT TO TALK TO ME!!!
                        I said it before and Ill say it again I choose not to speak with people who are just looking to start a fight and not let others speak freely.

My last statement was not for MrMiracle or NorrisTrophy

Comment

• BULBUS
                          • Nov 2005

suave, do you mean me?? lol. just kidding, i know who you mean and i'm on his ignore list too. i couldnt be happier. i just wish he didnt have to chime in with the same comments everytime. what people pay for things is a big part of this hobby and it is our business!
                          Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
                          sigpic
                          donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• norristrophy
                            • Feb 2006

One thing you have to keep in mind and Joel and Reid alluded to it is that the charities will not get involved in sematics such as the BP vs GU type of issues...they have stacks of bats attributed to players and they are going to lump them together. They are only concerned with (and rightfully so) making sure that the money collected goes to the right place. They will leave everything else up to the buyer. Would collectors like to see these types of issues more clearly defined, certainly...but I cannot fault these groups as they are obviously not intending to mislead. Like I said, the NHL carried it out in the same manner and if you watched the games of the teams/players you intended to bid on, you made a note of who showed up during the games themselves donning a piece of pink equipment.

Comment

• sportscentury
                              • Nov 2005

MrMiracle i couldnt have said it any better. I find it a bit amazing how people swoon over him and yet he produces when its not needed if were up in a game by 20 runs he hits 3 home runs to add to it, but if were down by one run and anyone including my grand mother could be on base he strikes out, MAYBE THATS IT ILL TELL MY GRANDMOTHER TO STOP RUNNING ON TO THE FIELD. LOL LOL LOL

NorrisTrophy I think you ttoally missed my whole comment i was not just referring too the pink bats i am also referring to the bat I bought as Game Used and ( IT DOESNT HAVE A MARK ON IT AT ALL, NOT EVEN FROM BATTING PRACTICE ). I can live with the whole GAME USED/BATTING PRACTICE THING. I cant live with not a mark of a ball anywhere and it being considered GAME USED.

As far as the other persons comment I find it amzing how they repeatedly announce that they cannot see mt threads and put me on some kind of ignore option yet they know I started the post and always make reply comments to my posts that I leave. This guy must be alling Dionne Warwick and her pshyhic friends.

OH YEAH I BELIVE THAT PERSON WAS WARNED NOT TO TALK TO ME!!!
                              I said it before and Ill say it again I choose not to speak with people who are just looking to start a fight and not let others speak freely.

My last statement was not for MrMiracle or NorrisTrophy
                              Hi, Suave:

I trust your comments were not directed to me. I understand and share your concern, actually. My point was only that at least the auctions stated what they meant by "game used." But I get your larger point and I believe it is a concern shared by many in the hobby.

Best,
                              Reid
                              Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

Working...