PDA

View Full Version : Packer Fans and Favre

LastingsMilledge85
08-18-2009, 10:04 PM
As a Packer fan, I am so disappointed in what Favre has become since the Pack traded him to the Jets last year. Ever since then, he has felt like he needs to get revenge on the Pack because they wanted to move on because he "retired." I feel so bad saying that despite what he has done for the Pack, I have lost all respect for him. I am actually glad he signed with the Vikings because I think it only hurts them, I would take Jackson or Rosenfels over him any day, we all saw what he and the New York Bretts did last year. Packer fans, your thoughts.

Tay1038
08-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Not coming from a Packer fan - but why in the heck would you take T-Jack and Sage over Farve? No comparison whats so ever. Your nuts man! :)

LastingsMilledge85
08-18-2009, 10:32 PM
Jackson took his team to the playoffs last year, what did Favre do for the Bretts?:confused:

Tay1038
08-18-2009, 10:40 PM
Actually it was Gus that did it dude, not T-Jack

gingi79
08-18-2009, 11:46 PM
My brother has been a Pack fan but more importantly a Brett fan for many a moon. He doesn't care about football the way average Pack fans do, so his opinions may upset the rest of Packer Nation. Here is what he said verbatim:

"I don't care if he plays for the Vikings this year, the Lions next year and the Bears the year after. I'm just glad I get to watch Brett Favre play football again."

All I can say is that Dan Marino turned down the very same Vikings and retired. Steve Young felt his body (mostly his head) couldn't take it anymore and retired a 49er. Troy Aikman had the same issue, knew when to retire a Cowboy. I understand that we want our heroes to remain on our team and then retire with us. But somehow, I don't remember hearing all the negativity about:

Joe Montana going to the Chiefs
Jerry Rice going to the Raiders, the Seahawks or even the Broncos
Emmitt Smith going to the Cardinals
Joe Namath going to the Rams

My favorite baseball player is now playing for my least favorite team (second player to have to deal with this too) I root for the guy to bat 1.000, hit 75 home runs and 200 rbi. And then have his team lose every game. I find some satisfaction in looking at it that way. Hope it helps seeing Mr. Yellow and Green in Purple this season.

David
08-19-2009, 12:23 AM
The Packers are in better position with a 25 year old Aaron Rogers than a 40 year old Brett Favre. Aaron was the better quarterback last year, and odds are he'll be the better quarterback three years from now.

David
08-19-2009, 12:33 AM
A question to ask is: Would the Vikings rather own the rights to Favre or Rogers? My strong guess is they'd chose Rogers. So the irony in this so-called flap is that the Vikings may be envious of the Packers' quarterback situation.

BorchertField
08-19-2009, 08:57 AM
My brother has been a Pack fan but more importantly a Brett fan for many a moon. He doesn't care about football the way average Pack fans do, so his opinions may upset the rest of Packer Nation. Here is what he said verbatim:

"I don't care if he plays for the Vikings this year, the Lions next year and the Bears the year after. I'm just glad I get to watch Brett Favre play football again."

Your brother likes watching ten games of pretty good football followed by six games of flat-out awful football?

Takes all kinds, I guess. ;)

suicide_squeeze
08-19-2009, 10:02 AM
Your brother likes watching ten games of pretty good football followed by six games of flat-out awful football?

Takes all kinds, I guess. ;)

You Favre bashers are a real kick.....

So, Rogers is the answer in Green Bay, and look where Brett Favre got the Jets last year, huh?

Brett Favre had the Jets in FIRST PLACE or close to it the entire season, until he got hurt. He was HURT the last 5-6 games of the season, so your argument is silly about "what he did for the Jets last year".

And correct me if I'm mistaken, but didn't the Green Bay Packers finish 6-10 last year with Mr. Superstar Rogers at the wheel? Wow, now there's some great football. Hey, at least they finished ahead of the record breaking Lions with there stellar 0-16 effort.

To make the call that gingi79's brother would prefer to watch 8 good games and the rest are going to be bad is nothing but a prediction, and a bad one at that. Brett Favre is not POPULAR and causing so much discussion because he's been a loser his whole career, and sucks.

He's one of the most exciting players in the NFL. Yes, he's a gun slinger, and sometimes he pays the price for it, but it makes for fun football. What you guys fail to see is the Vikings have a GOOD team. With Favre, they're downright dangerous and a serious pick to run the table. Like it or not, you haters will just have to take this season on the chin if Favre stays healthy. He will win the division for the Vikes......that's my prediction.

suicide_squeeze
08-19-2009, 10:07 AM
A question to ask is: Would the Vikings rather own the rights to Favre or Rogers? My strong guess is they'd chose Rogers. So the irony in this so-called flap is that the Vikings may be envious of the Packers' quarterback situation.

Um, David......the Vikings made the play-offs without Favre last year.

The Green Bay packers.............well, not so good. Rogers is a good quarterback, but he's no NFL legend who leads the team like Brett did during his 16 year run. Look forward to your 7-win season.....

You think the Vikings are going to be worse off with Brett Favre, familiar with their offensive system, than last year? Stay tuned.

LastingsMilledge85
08-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Everybody is missing the fact that Favre isn't the Favre of old. He is a washed up QB and a chucker. I will take any QB that makes logical passes, Favre doesn't do that. And the point about Favre and Rogers' team record last year doesn't prove the point on who was the better QB. Look at the numbers Rogers was better. Will he be better than Favre, this year yes, but lifetime not even close, but saying that he his better than Favre this year is like saying that an NFL QB is better than a backup HS QB. The Vikings are worse with him IMO, but they are a running team anyway so who cares.

princip
08-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Well, I'm no Favre/NFC North expert, yet, the so called experts are saying it will work out better for Favre with the Vikings because it's a very similar style offense that he had in Green Bay. So, basically he's good to go:confused: I just love the fact that it adds to an already exciting upcoming season.

Franco, you will always be a Seahawk to me. :rolleyes:

http://www.greenglare.com/images/franco_harris_84_patriots.jpeg

David
08-19-2009, 01:08 PM
The argument that a team's record is based solely on the quarterback is silly on it's face. If that was case, the Vikings might as well be made up of Brett Favre and the Minnetonka Cub Scouts. Save the team a lot of money.

David
08-19-2009, 01:21 PM
I should add that I agree the Jets improved a lot last year under Favre and, simply because they missed the playoffs by one game, the press popularly and wrongly labels the season a failure. How going from 4-12 to 9-7 is classified as failure I don't know, but many in the press classify it as that.

gingi79
08-19-2009, 01:48 PM
I should add that I agree the Jets improved a lot last year under Favre and, simply because they missed the playoffs by one game, the press popularly and wrongly labels the season a failure. How going from 4-12 to 9-7 is classified as failure I don't know, but many in the press classify it as that.

I think the failure tag was hung on Brett unfairly as well. I believe anytime you are 8-3 and end 9-7, the team found ways to lose. He was injured as well. The NY media is like Philly fans, they can be pretty unforgiving and biased. And at the risk of upsetting Jets fans, the team has had horrible luck. One could argue they had 2 good seasons. Ever. I think however that the real winners in this whole fracas are the Jets because Mark Sanchez is better than (in no particular order) Browning Neagle, Ken O'Brien, Neil O'Donnell, washed up Boomer Esaison, Brooks Bollenger, Glenn Foley, Rick Mirer, Bubby Brister, Ray Lucas or Kellen Clemens.

He may even exceed Vinny Testaverde and the 38 year old version of Brett Favre. His arm is already better than Chad Pennington, as a Dolphins fan thanks for him btw.

princip
08-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Mark Sanchez is better than (in no particular order) Browning Neagle, Ken O'Brien, Neil O'Donnell, washed up Boomer Esaison, Brooks Bollenger, Glenn Foley, Rick Mirer, Bubby Brister, Ray Lucas or Kellen Clemens.

He may even exceed Vinny Testaverde and the 38 year old version of Brett Favre. His arm is already better than Chad Pennington, as a Dolphins fan thanks for him btw.

Wow, and with only playing 16 games at USC, and a couple decent outings in a pre-season game with the Jets. Put him in the HOF now!!!

Tay1038
08-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Everybody is missing the fact that Favre isn't the Favre of old. He is a washed up QB and a chucker. I will take any QB that makes logical passes, Favre doesn't do that. And the point about Favre and Rogers' team record last year doesn't prove the point on who was the better QB. Look at the numbers Rogers was better. Will he be better than Favre, this year yes, but lifetime not even close, but saying that he his better than Favre this year is like saying that an NFL QB is better than a backup HS QB. The Vikings are worse with him IMO, but they are a running team anyway so who cares.

T-Jack is the most unlogical passer in the league.. I'd still take Farve over him.. Now i'm just starting to pick on pal - I'm sorry. ;)

NYCrulesU
08-19-2009, 06:48 PM
As a Packer fan, I am so disappointed in what Favre has become since the Pack traded him to the Jets last year. Ever since then, he has felt like he needs to get revenge on the Pack because they wanted to move on because he "retired." I feel so bad saying that despite what he has done for the Pack, I have lost all respect for him. I am actually glad he signed with the Vikings because I think it only hurts them, I would take Jackson or Rosenfels over him any day, we all saw what he and the New York Bretts did last year. Packer fans, your thoughts.

Sorry pal, but this has got to be the dumbest statement I have heard in a while. I am not a Jets fan, nor a Vikings fan. Not even a GB fan. I'm not even a Favre fan. But seriously, Tavaris Jackson or Rosenfels over 3000+ passing yards and 22 TD's (granted he threw 22 Int's as well)? But c'mon. Put the pipe down and get real. Favre may be old and on his way to being washed up, but he is still better than a majority of the starting QB's in the NFL. Certainly better than Tavaris and Sage.

I love these cheese heads that are scourned because their beloved (atleast he was beloved while he was winning games FOR them) Brett Favre chose to go somewhere else. Grow up, please. It's a sport. Players play, they move on, they retire. Or in Brett's case they retire, move on, retire and move on again.

TriplexXxSports
08-19-2009, 06:54 PM

David
08-19-2009, 07:22 PM
For background, I am a lifelong Packers (and Badgers) fan from Wisconsin and, first and last, I root for the team-- it's a team sport after all. Favre did a lot for the team and was a fine quarterback, so I don't begrudge him other than he isn't a Packer.

LastingsMilledge85
08-19-2009, 10:50 PM
The problem is Favre can't last a season anymore. He started out great with the Jets, but then collapsed after he got the Pro Bowl nod and the media said it would be a Jets, Giants Super Bowl. He will get injured, and I rather start a versatile Jackson then Favre. Or maybe the Vikings can take a play from Mangini's '08 Jets and stick Favre at WR for a play.:D

suicide_squeeze
08-20-2009, 12:00 AM

OMG.....too funny, nice photo shop work........just brutal!

slambam
08-20-2009, 12:21 AM
Um, David......the Vikings made the play-offs without Favre last year.

The Green Bay packers.............well, not so good. Rogers is a good quarterback, but he's no NFL legend who leads the team like Brett did during his 16 year run. Look forward to your 7-win season.....

You think the Vikings are going to be worse off with Brett Favre, familiar with their offensive system, than last year? Stay tuned.

Seriously now. I could QB the Vikings to a divison title. Just give the ball to AD, and the rest of the division is garbage. ;) But really, comparing teams who made the playoffs makes absolutely no sense. Especially looking at defenses and running games.

TriplexXxSports
08-20-2009, 06:20 AM
OMG.....too funny, nice photo shop work........just brutal!

Thanks. I cannot take credit for the photoshop though.

I dislike the Pack & the Queens because they are division rivals, plain and simple, but I cannot stand Mrs. Favre. I am not discrediting him for his athletic accomplishments over the years. I discredit him as a professional, a role model, and as a person. There is a certain level of integrity professional athletes must possess and I feel that Brett has either lost it or is using it.

Holding out so he doesn't have to attend camp, playing with the media on his final decision, and figuring he can just waltz in on his white horse and save the day? You tell me where the integrity is.

For that fact alone, I feel he is nothing more that an attention starved, selfish, drama queen.

BorchertField
08-21-2009, 09:35 AM
You Favre bashers are a real kick.....

So, Rogers is the answer in Green Bay, and look where Brett Favre got the Jets last year, huh?

Brett Favre had the Jets in FIRST PLACE or close to it the entire season, until he got hurt. He was HURT the last 5-6 games of the season, so your argument is silly about "what he did for the Jets last year".

And correct me if I'm mistaken, but didn't the Green Bay Packers finish 6-10 last year with Mr. Superstar Rogers at the wheel? Wow, now there's some great football. Hey, at least they finished ahead of the record breaking Lions with there stellar 0-16 effort.

To make the call that gingi79's brother would prefer to watch 8 good games and the rest are going to be bad is nothing but a prediction, and a bad one at that. Brett Favre is not POPULAR and causing so much discussion because he's been a loser his whole career, and sucks.

He's one of the most exciting players in the NFL. Yes, he's a gun slinger, and sometimes he pays the price for it, but it makes for fun football. What you guys fail to see is the Vikings have a GOOD team. With Favre, they're downright dangerous and a serious pick to run the table. Like it or not, you haters will just have to take this season on the chin if Favre stays healthy. He will win the division for the Vikes......that's my prediction.

The numbers don't lie - Favre has a huge drop-off (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/0-11-65/The-issue-of-Favre-s-stamina.html) at the end of a season. You can try to blame his injury for last year's staggering collapse, but it wasn't just his one season with the Jets.

Will he help the Vikings in the early part of the season? Absolutely. He'll win them games. But later in the season, he'll cost them games. He's done it for the last several years.

I have a lot of respect for the guy. I loved watching him play. I'm grateful for what he did. But when the Packers decided that his on-field production was no longer good enough to suffer through the off-season dramatics, I supported the decision wholeheartedly.