PDA

View Full Version : Historic Auctions Manning jersey with short sleeves

silverschmidts
05-26-2006, 10:35 AM
It looks like Historic Auctions is offering yet another one of those Manning jerseys with the sleeves that are too short to have likely been actually used by Peyton. Here is the link:
http://www.historicauctions.com/index.cfm?&fuseaction=search.ShowPhotos&auctionid=31846
Not surprisingly, the item comes with certification from Bernie Gurnay, who was offering several such jerseys on Ebay a few months ago. I actually bought one from Bernie, but to his credit he agreed to allow me to return the item. Frequent Forum participants may recall that one of our members did yeoman's work in putting together a photo montage showing that Manning typically (if not always) wears jerseys with longer sleeves. I don't know why these jerseys with short sleeves keep showing up, but be careful out there and don't make the mistake that I made of buying something without doing some research first! --Steve

beantown
05-26-2006, 03:10 PM
It looks like Historic Auctions is offering yet another one of those Manning jerseys with the sleeves that are too short to have likely been actually used by Peyton. Here is the link:
http://www.historicauctions.com/index.cfm?&fuseaction=search.ShowPhotos&auctionid=31846
Not surprisingly, the item comes with certification from Bernie Gurnay, who was offering several such jerseys on Ebay a few months ago. I actually bought one from Bernie, but to his credit he agreed to allow me to return the item. Frequent Forum participants may recall that one of our members did yeoman's work in putting together a photo montage showing that Manning typically (if not always) wears jerseys with longer sleeves. I don't know why these jerseys with short sleeves keep showing up, but be careful out there and don't make the mistake that I made of buying something without doing some research first! --Steve

If you are seeing "short" open cut sleeves stay away!! I am only speculating, but I believe these are jerseys that once had "cuffed" sleeves, had the cuffs removed and re-hemmed to be "open" cut. It's obvious if this is done the jersey's open cut sleeve length will be shorter than if it was orginally manufactured that way. Moreover, the Manning jersey in the Historic auction appears to have "cuffed" sleeves?????

both-teams-played-hard
05-26-2006, 03:14 PM
These photos were cut&pasted from the KingJammy archives:
Every 2002 Colt game wearing blue...Never used lineman sleeves as represented on the Historic Auctions Manning jersey.
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/5353/manning9xi.jpg

beantown
05-26-2006, 03:54 PM
I found something else I wanted to reference to photos in Historic Auctions....

Eric
05-26-2006, 08:01 PM
Please send all of your questions/concerns in to Historic Auctions. They are making themselves available to answer questions (I myself have some in and they are working on getting answers) When I get my answers I will share with the board.
Eric

beantown
05-31-2006, 08:03 PM
I found something else I wanted to reference to photos in Historic Auctions....

This took me five seconds to KNOW this was wrong and then five minutes to compare it to photos....how can authenticator call this item "worn" when it doesn't match ONE photo I could reference? How about authenticating by majority rules? Start posting items for authentication on this forum in a separate section and then let forum members offer their opinion as to its authenticity and why they feel that way and how they can substantiate it? Eric, how does that sound?

Eric
06-01-2006, 12:29 AM
This took me five seconds to KNOW this was wrong and then five minutes to compare it to photos....how can authenticator call this item "worn" when it doesn't match ONE photo I could reference? How about authenticating by majority rules? Start posting items for authentication on this forum in a separate section and then let forum members offer their opinion as to its authenticity and why they feel that way and how they can substantiate it? Eric, how does that sound?

First, I'd be interested in what James had to say about this specific Manning jersey and the sleeve issues.
Eric

silverschmidts
06-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Eric: I never sent in the Manning sleeves issue to HA; did you? I don't really know who to contact there. If you contacted them, did you hear a response? --Steve

Eric
06-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Send the question to james@historicauctions.com

Let us know what he says.
Eric

silverschmidts
06-02-2006, 05:39 PM
I just sent him an email and we'll see if he replies. --Steve

HistoricAuctions
06-04-2006, 11:40 AM
I just sent him an email and we'll see if he replies. --Steve

Sent you a reply.

Eric
06-04-2006, 02:20 PM
The Peyton Manning jersey has been pulled from Historic Auctions.
Eric

trsent
06-04-2006, 03:16 PM
Sent you a reply.

James, I have tried to call you every day this week, you posted on here that you would call me back, but I have not heard from you and your voice mail is full.

HistoricAuctions
06-05-2006, 08:14 AM
James, I have tried to call you every day this week, you posted on here that you would call me back, but I have not heard from you and your voice mail is full.

It was good to talk to you yesterday. VM is all cleared out... I'll give you another call in the next day or so....

trsent
06-05-2006, 12:02 PM
It was good to talk to you yesterday. VM is all cleared out... I'll give you another call in the next day or so....

James, it was so nice talking to you on the phone yesterday while I sat a bar looking at my French dip sandwich get cold. It was pretty good for a cold sandwich.

silverschmidts
06-06-2006, 03:05 PM
I got a reply from Historic Auctions and they've decided to remove the Manning jersey from the auction while they research it some more. I think this was the right move and applaud them for taking action. --Steve