X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2000mvpfan
    • Nov 2005

Some new Jason Giambi stuff....

..it's been a good week for Giambi Yankees stuff:

2006 Steiner/MEARS NYY game used road jersey (from 2006 opening road series in Oakland)

LVS M9 C243 game used bat:

and what the hell,a couple of signed pics from the beginning and end (hopefully not) of his career..

Joe
    sigpic
    ...always looking for game-used JASON GIAMBI equipment!
  • nomo121
    • May 2009

Re: Some new Jason Giambi stuff....

Nice Bat!

Comment

• whatupyos
      Banned
      • Dec 2005

Joe,

Sweet pickups man. I have wanted that G 2006 Road because I was at opening day that year. I was going to buy it a long time ago but I ended up picking up something different. That jersey you got he homered in. Opening night in Oakland 2006, he hit a bomb!! Hopefully you'll pick up that throwback thats being auctioned off as well brotha! Keep representing! My uncle is picking me up a Giambi bobble head Friday in Oakland.

Aaron

Comment

• jobathenut
        • Nov 2008

2000mvpfan-I am really jealous of you.When i was adding to my collection i was always trying to get anything game used of his but just never could.The item i always went after was a bat as they seem cheaper than jerseys but still out of my range.I thought that he was going to give me his batting gloves after a game last season as he motioned to me that he would.But of course he did'nt.Well great looking giambi items-

Comment

• 2000mvpfan
          • Nov 2005

Aaron-
          Thanks,man.The seller of that jersey had it for $499 a month ago-when G got released,he raised it to $599 or best offer.I sent him a BO of $400 and almost fell off my chair when he accepted it!That jersey went for $1880 in the 2007 Robert Edwards auction!Only thing I gotta get straightened out is that the MLB holo has it listed as being used at home against the Orioles..duh..its grey,not pinstriped.
          Joba-
          Just keep looking man,there's deals to be had-that bat only cost $99.The market for Giambi stuff is at the lowest I've seen it since 2005 so its a GREAT time to be taking advantage of people's disinterest in his gear..

Take care fellas-hope to be posting some more stuff soon,I got a few more things I'm looking at...

Joe
          sigpic

Comment

• jrd
            • May 2007

2000mvpfan great stuff!

I picked up a n auto'd Giambi A's bat from Tim (hofbats) a few months ago and it's probably the center of my collection.

Comment

• 2000mvpfan
              • Nov 2005

JRD-
              Thanks...I think I saw that bat Tim had..nice one.Its a G174 isn't it?I seem to remember passing on it because I already had 2 signed,used G174s-one OAK one NYY..
              See,all it takes is one post and the Giambino fans are coming out of the woodwork!!

Peace,
              Joe
              sigpic

Comment

• jrd
                • May 2007

Mine is a H238

Comment

• 2000mvpfan
                  • Nov 2005

That's it...knew it was a model I already had.My H238 has a handle crack and an early Giambi auto just like yours.Only difference is yours has that nice flame finish..great bat!

Joe
                  sigpic

Comment

• jrd
                    • May 2007

Mine has a handle crack too....with ball marks on the other side of the label.

Comment

• jobathenut
                      • Nov 2008

2000mvpfan-You got that giambi yankees bat for $99-WOW! Where did you get that,and do they have anymore.Like i said,i am not adding to my collection,as i am trying to sell it.But i would'nt be able to pass up on that.
                      Originally posted by 2000mvpfan
                      Aaron-
                      Thanks,man.The seller of that jersey had it for $499 a month ago-when G got released,he raised it to $599 or best offer.I sent him a BO of $400 and almost fell off my chair when he accepted it!That jersey went for $1880 in the 2007 Robert Edwards auction!Only thing I gotta get straightened out is that the MLB holo has it listed as being used at home against the Orioles..duh..its grey,not pinstriped.
                      Joba-
                      Just keep looking man,there's deals to be had-that bat only cost $99.The market for Giambi stuff is at the lowest I've seen it since 2005 so its a GREAT time to be taking advantage of people's disinterest in his gear..

Take care fellas-hope to be posting some more stuff soon,I got a few more things I'm looking at...

Joe

Comment

• Rboitano
                        • Nov 2005

Giambi's coming back with the Rockies!!! Thats a huge suprise

Comment

• xpress34
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Rboitano
                          Giambi's coming back with the Rockies!!! Thats a huge suprise
                          Actually this was know about a week ago... BMH let the cat out of the bag when he posted on another thread that Schultzie (Keith Schultz - Rockies Equipment Guy) had called him and he needed to get busy making some Giambi bats!!!

Can't wait for Sept 1st!!!

- Chris

Comment

• metsbats
                            • Nov 2005

Those seam marks on the black C243 look awfully large for MLB baseballs.

They look like softball sized seams.
                            metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• 2000mvpfan
                              • Nov 2005

David-
                              that just attests to how hard Giambi hits the ball..LOL..seriously,though,after your post I actually took a couple MLB balls to them and they lined up fine..I think it's just the photo.

Good looking out though...

Thanks,
                              Joe
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...