PDA

View Full Version : BMH or anybody help on Barmes

MiLe HigH
08-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Trying to find out how many and when Clint Barmes ordered C271 Blocked Maple finish? I can't find any pics of him using LVS maple. Many Thanks in advance!

xpress34
08-20-2009, 05:45 PM
MH -

I can't talk for BMH or LVS, but I have gotten to know Clint a little over the years.

In fact, when I was working for Rawlings, I hand tunred a maple bat for him that he has used in BP, but can't use in games because I am not MLB Certified.

At Spring Training this year, he was swinging a Blonde LVS - but not his model. It was one that Kip Wells had left behind when the Rox jetisoned him.

I asked Clint about it because he had been with Diablo for years. Diablo said they could not pay the costs associated with the new requirements by MLB for Maple, so they gave up their MLB production. Clint was looking for a new bat to use and liked Wells because Barmes swings a 33" bat as light as possible to increase his bat speed.

He may still be swinging some other players bats as well this year, I haven't really watched too close what he is swinging at the plate.

Hope this helps some.

- Chris

MiLe HigH
08-22-2009, 06:35 PM
I know he has recently been swinging a Mizuno. I have one of his Diablo 33 bats. I was just trying to place the year he had a contract with LVS and how many were made. Clint is a good player that is hitting his stride.

Thanks for the info Chris..

BMH
08-25-2009, 07:06 AM
The last time he ordered C271's from us was in 2004. He ordered the S357 from us in ST but that was the last order from him. He found something else he likes.

leah2255
08-25-2009, 09:28 AM
I heard few about him. Maybe you can check hin information on the internet.

flota89
08-25-2009, 03:49 PM
How about a Carolina Clubs? Has he ever used those?

MiLe HigH
08-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Flota did you win the carloina clubs Barmes off ebay today?