PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY tracked a Soriano rookie era bat

markize
08-24-2009, 08:00 PM
after a good bit of time searching, I was finally able to track down a legit Soriano rookie era bat. this beauty is from 2000, and is also signed. I need to thank Dwight Niermeyer who sold me the bat, and Jim Caravello for his help in the middle of this deal. both are first class to deal with, and I can't thank them enough. THANK YOU Dwight, and Jim!!!

now, on to the goods.....2000 Alfonso Soriano LVS C243. excellent use, trademark handle tape, several blue ink transfers, white scuff marks, and some seam impressions, cleat marks, loads of tar, and the impression from the weighted donut, and autographed.

sorry this didn't make the August pickups thread, but I just wanted to show it off.

mark

yanks12025
08-24-2009, 08:05 PM
Was that the one on ebay not to long ago. I thought i seen one just like it but i may be wrong.

markize
08-24-2009, 08:48 PM
No, different bat. The ebay bat was fake in my opinion. That bat had no tape job, and no tar. That garbage went for $179, well below what it would have been if legit. I contacted that seller, who along with forum history, didn't reply. I'm happy to say mine is the real deal!

Mark

zookerman182
08-24-2009, 08:52 PM
with the wood grain the way it is on this bat you might be able to find a nice photo match. Great bat.

markize
08-24-2009, 08:55 PM
Matt,

thanks! I'm hoping to track down a match, but there aren't many pics available of Sori from 2000, so it will be tough. Keep your fingers crossed.

Mark

Masimen
08-25-2009, 11:01 AM
Finally! :) Welcome to the club. It looks awesome. You will probably savor it more since it took so long to find. Congrats!

markize
08-25-2009, 06:18 PM
Finally! :) Welcome to the club. It looks awesome. You will probably savor it more since it took so long to find. Congrats!

Steve,

you know it-I'm glad to finally be in the club! All of my other soriano bats (20 of them) are Sam bats, so having a LVS is really cool to me. Definitely a high point of my collection.

Mark

zookerman182
08-25-2009, 09:20 PM
wow 20 soriano bats!!?!?! Thats amazing. I used to love collecting his bats. Im kind of sad his pine tar has gotten lighter and lighter over the years but he still has some great bats. I think his Nats bats are the best. I also wish he could get back to being the player he used to be. 5 or so more years of where he was at and he would have been a HOFer. I can proudly say i let my favorite game used bat of all time go to you so at least it went to a good collector. If you have any pictures of all 20 bats i would love to see sometime.

markize
08-25-2009, 10:01 PM
wow 20 soriano bats!!?!?! Thats amazing. I used to love collecting his bats. Im kind of sad his pine tar has gotten lighter and lighter over the years but he still has some great bats. I think his Nats bats are the best. I also wish he could get back to being the player he used to be. 5 or so more years of where he was at and he would have been a HOFer. I can proudly say i let my favorite game used bat of all time go to you so at least it went to a good collector. If you have any pictures of all 20 bats i would love to see sometime.

Matt,

that nats bat I got from you is one of my top 3 favorites. Plus with all those photomatches you had on it, it's just fun to look at and hold. You're right though, many of the cubs bats I see now just aren't caked like they used to be. I will say, though, his Yankees bats were caked heavy with tar too. I will try to get a "family picture" of all of them and post it on the forum. It might have to be a couple pictures to get them all. I have a picture now with 15 together, and I had to climb on top of the couch to take the picture. I really do enjoy collecting his bats, especially when they're loaded with tar, covered with ink transfers, and the sweet spot is a sea of seam impressions.

Mark

markize
08-25-2009, 10:04 PM
By the way, I wonder if his increasing injuries, and decreasing production is linked to his alleged presence on the list of 104. He is tall, and built like a stick, so I can't imagine. He looks nothing like bonds, McGwire, Sosa, and the rest of the big heads.

Mark