PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever heard of Mister Sports Auction?

murfsteve25
08-25-2009, 05:41 AM
An item I am interested in accompanies a COA from Mister Sports Auction and I've never heard of it. I tried to google it with no luck.

nickacs
08-25-2009, 06:31 AM
Wow, I think I remember that company waaay back in the day of the SCD pages. I doubt they are in business anymore, but maybe someone else on here knows more.
If memory serves me correctly, they were one of the several auction companies in SCD that had "game used" stuff.

murfsteve25
08-25-2009, 08:07 AM
Do you know how reputable they were?

lund6771
08-25-2009, 09:13 AM
Be careful...they sold a ton of 1990's pro-cuts as game used...I think that they also spent some jail time

I would post the item here for people to review

skipcarayislegend
08-25-2009, 09:32 AM
An item I am interested in accompanies a COA from Mister Sports Auction and I've never heard of it. I tried to google it with no luck.

There's a late 80s item on ebay right now that comes with a COA from MSA. Imo, the item is no good. Feel free to email me murfsteve.

Trublubrucru
08-25-2009, 09:45 AM
Mister Sports, if the same one, had three stores in southeastern Wisconsin with lots of jerseys and auto'd items. They(he) were caught by the Feds(with the help of Brett Favre) mixing in forged auto'd 8x10's in with real ones. Mister S and the forger did a stretch and the stores went away. BE CAREFUL

murfsteve25
08-25-2009, 03:52 PM
There's a late 80s item on ebay right now that comes with a COA from MSA. Imo, the item is no good. Feel free to email me murfsteve.

Wow, I wasnt expecting this type of response.

Skip- We are probably talking about the same item on Ebay, the DJ Braves helmet. I collect him religiously so it's easy for me to jump in on a deal before doing all of my research. To me...it just looks like a Braves helmet with 23 on the back. I myself dont have the knowledge to say weather its good or not. Just wondering why you think its no good? Thanks for the heads up by the way!

I tried to take a look at the COA the seller claims to have that accompanies the helmet but will not provide it. He says that it can be printed out and used for some other item. Kinda retarded if you ask me but I dont even want a pic of the entire thing, just the small paragraph where it says the helmet was used by DJ.

murfsteve25
08-27-2009, 07:21 AM
I would post the item here for people to review

Take a look

murfsteve25
08-27-2009, 07:22 AM
says its a circa 1989 Justice helmet

WadeInBmore
08-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Being an avid Thomas collector I understand the buy first ask questions later mentality. I know nothing about helmets but the "A" and the "23" just look too white for my liking. My opinion, don't know if it helps you at all. Good Luck.