Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mb23
    • Jan 2008

Vintage Authentics Jordan jersey

Hello. I hope someone here can help me. In last months vintage authentics auction they had a home and an away 86-87 Jordan jersey I happened to win the away. Once in my hands I began to notice real issues with it and through alot of inspecting with a few people like Darren from rareair we have come to see it is a fake. The jersey I won is not game issued it's a fake. At this time Darren of RAREAIR23.com. Is helping me compile a side by side of the photos and my jersey. Tonight when I arrive home i will post my images of my jersey and some images of Jordan in 86-87 the jersey I way off from mesh, logo and name drop to the NBA logo being to high. Vintage authentics is telling me they need to check with there authenticator before they can deem this as not real. My issue is I have sent them all my info and pictures and anyone can see it's fake but yet they won't refund me. Here is a picture of the jersey. Its the only on I have with me now I will post more later.

in this last picture you can clearly tell the 44 in the sandknit tag is not even centered.

at this time vintage authentics has said to send it back and they will try and reach the authenticator and see what he deems it? What should I do???
  • rareair23.com
    • Oct 2008

Re: Vintage Authentics Jordan jersey

I'll have my review and comparison up on my website in a day or so. Spent 3 hours prepping the pictures to upload last night.

Comment

• dcgreg25
      • Jan 2008

Re: Help!!!! scammed by Vintage Authentics Jordan jersey

I hope you paid with a credit card! If so, call your credit card company and dispute the charge immediately. You only have I think 60 days to dispute a charge. This will open an investigation by your credit card company that can take the reverse the charge and essentially force the seller to take the item back. Your card company will instruct you with what to do beyond that (likely send it back to Vintage with notice that you are disputing the charge). Make sure to keep notes on all of your correspondence, phone notes, etc. as it could be very important down the road. Good luck!

Comment

• nickacs
        • Apr 2009

Wow, sorry hear. I actually bid on both of those jerseys too. They were going too high for my blood for just a "game issued" jersey.
        I talked to another forum member on here who said that he thought the jerseys looked "too big" compared to actual game worn jerseys that Jordan wore in those years. He told me to stay away, so after I bid once and each, I said forget it.
        I have some pictures of other Jordan jerseys from the same here at home, so I'll see if I can dig some up tonight and post some comparisons, if it helps.

Good luck!!

Comment

• nickacs
          • Apr 2009

Sorry, forgot to add to my previous post that I emailed Mark at VA a day before the auction closing about those two "game issued" jerseys as to where the consignor got them from/etc., but he wouldn't tell me. Another thing that made me suspicious of them..

As I've learned the hard way on auction houses. ALWAYS do your homework before bidding. That's why I keep ALL auction jersey pics/lot descriptions for any jersey I see myself getting in the future as a reference. It has proved most invaluable to me!

Comment

• mb23
            • Jan 2008

Thanks guys. Unfortunatly i used paypal. Mark is the person I'm dealing with and once I recieved the jersey on wednesday evening and Inspected it better by Friday I knew it was a fake. It was hard to tell from the auction pictures but I do have them and will post them later. I'm just wondering if I should send it back and wait for a refund before they deem it a fake. Also what about the home that was sold!!! I feel bad for that buyer. By the way when I recieved the LOA from them this jersey was authenticated by Lou Lampson. This has left such a sour taste I'm my mouth it's a shame that these places don't do a better job authenticating and researching there items better.

Comment

• beantown
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by mb23
              Hello. I hope someone here can help me. In last months vintage authentics auction they had a home and an away 86-87 Jordan jersey I happened to win the away. Once in my hands I began to notice real issues with it and through alot of inspecting with a few people like Darren from rareair we have come to see it is a fake. The jersey I won is not game issued it's a fake. At this time Darren of RAREAIR23.com. Is helping me compile a side by side of the photos and my jersey. Tonight when I arrive home i will post my images of my jersey and some images of Jordan in 86-87 the jersey I way off from mesh, logo and name drop to the NBA logo being to high. Vintage authentics is telling me they need to check with there authenticator before they can deem this as not real. My issue is I have sent them all my info and pictures and anyone can see it's fake but yet they won't refund me. Here is a picture of the jersey. Its the only on I have with me now I will post more later.

in this last picture you can clearly tell the 44 in the sandknit tag is not even centered.

at this time vintage authentics has said to send it back and they will try and reach the authenticator and see what he deems it? What should I do???
              No disrespect, but the "issues" you mention, could have been noted by you via the auction listings pictures and while the auction was in progress (IMO)...to call the auction house a “scam” is unfair…its not like you received the jersey and it had a number/name change, etc.

It can often be semantics to collectors, but if the auction house used the term "pro cut" vs. "game issued", would that make a difference in your eyes?

Comment

• rareair23.com
                • Oct 2008

Every thing is wrong with that jersey...

Please let me know who the authenticated that...whoever it is, obviously doesn't know Jordan material.

Comment

• mb23
                  • Jan 2008

I did not call the auction house a scam. I said I was scammed by them selling a authenticated by there authenticator lou lampson who deemed this a game issued not pro cut. Let's not forgot that someone else also won the home version and is also sitting with garbage in there hand!!!

Comment

• rareair23.com
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by beantown
                    No disrespect, but the "issues" you mention, could have been noted by you via the auction listings pictures and while the auction was in progress (IMO)...to call the auction house a “scam” is unfair…its not like you received the jersey and it had a number/name change, etc.

It can often be semantics to collectors, but if the auction house used the term "pro cut" vs. "game issued", would that make a difference in your eyes?

Sand Knit didn't produce pro cuts of that jersey in the 80s nor is it game issued...game ready, game backup, charity pc...salesman sample ..etc etc... it's just a down right, manufactured jersey (A good one I might add) to make it APPEAR to resemble a Sand Knit era jersey.

Comment

• mb23
                      • Jan 2008

By the way. Your probably right that I may have been able to see the issues from the auction before bidding. So should have the auction house,no? This was my first time buying a game issued Jordan Jersey so sometimes the signs aren't as clear to me as they would be to someone who had the expierence.

Comment

• rareair23.com
                        • Oct 2008

Figures it was Lou.....he has no idea about Jordan gamers...

It's ashame that he will benefit from my research...

He gets free education on Jordan from my website.

Comment

• beantown
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by rareair23.com
                          Sand Knit didn't produce pro cuts of that jersey in the 80s nor is it game issued...game ready, game backup, charity pc...salesman sample ..etc etc... it's just a down right, manufactured jersey (A good one I might add) to make it APPEAR to resemble a Sand Knit era jersey.

Interesting...so in your opinion, this was a manufctured jersey, which then had Sand Knit tags added?

Comment

• beantown
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by mb23
                            By the way. Your probably right that I may have been able to see the issues from the auction before bidding. So should have the auction house,no? This was my first time buying a game issued Jordan Jersey so sometimes the signs aren't as clear to me as they would be to someone who had the expierence.
                            If this was a manufactured jersey and someone added tags, I wouldn't know either...

Comment

• rareair23.com
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by beantown
                              Interesting...so in your opinion, this was a manufctured jersey, which then had Sand Knit tags added?
                              You can say that.... I know guys buy up all the rawlings baseball stuff from the early 80s etc...and it's not for the player, it's the rawlings tags that they want....

Guys were buying up the Shandon Andersons and other bench guys for the Jazz...back in the late 90s. They don't want the jersey, they want the coveted finals patch...remove it, add it to a MJ jersey, bingo you have a NBA Finals Jordan jersey in your hands..

Comment

Working...