Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swoboda4
    • Nov 2005

Tigers sell HR baseballs for $100

The Tigers,again offered a great deal today to collectors by offering Ichiro and Griffey foul balls for $50 and a Mike Sweeney HR ball for $100. That's undercutting you know who by $400.

1. Aug 19, 2009 Ken Griffey Jr. Hit a foul ball off of pitched ball from Justin Verlander-$50

2. August 19, 2009 Ichiro Suzuki hit a foul ball in the 1st inning off of pitched ball from Justin Verlander-$50

3. August 19, 2009 Ichiro Suzuki hit a foul ball in the 3rd inning off of pitched ball from Justin Verlander-$50

4. August 20th, 2009 Ryan Raburn hit a 1st inning single off of pitch thrown by Ryan Rowland-Smith-$75

5. August 19, 2009 Ichiro Suzuki hit a foul ball in the 3rd inning off of pitched ball from Justin Verlander-$50

6. August 20, 2009 HR ball hit by Mike Sweeney off of Jarrod Washburn-$100

Additionally, here is a list of remaining 1st set of 2009 locker tags. Please call with any orders. Thanks.

Marc Himelstein
    Authentics Manager
    Comerica Park
    2100 Woodward Ave.
    Detroit, MI 48201
    marc.himelstein@detroittigers.com
    (P) (313) 471-2064
    (F) (313) 471-2297
  • Vintagedeputy
    • Oct 2005

Re: Tigers sell HR baseballs for $100

A foul ball for $50 is a good deal?

Comment

• murfsteve25
      • Oct 2008

I dont understand the joy you could get from BUYING a Griffey or Ichiro FOUL BALL. I really dont understand the mark it makes on your collection unless maybe you collect foul balls from different players.

I could understand that maybe if you caught it at a game, then maybe it would be special. But deff not buying a random foul ball. Especiall for 50 bucks.
      Always buying David Justice items

Comment

• suicide_squeeze
        • Dec 2008

How much does a pitch bounced in the dirt go for?

Comment

• rj_lucas
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Vintagedeputy
          Considering that foul balls from bench warmers routinely sell for $30-$40, I'd say that $50 for a marquis player like Griffey or Ichiro, authenticated by MLB, is a good deal.

It would be hard to find game-used items directly connected to players of that caliber for any less than that.

Rick
          rickjlucas@gmail.com

Comment

• skyking26
            • Dec 2005

As ridiculous as it is getting with the Tigers; they soon will be selling the air you breathe at the park in bags. It gets more laughable by the week...

RK
            ROBERT KOPPEL
            Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
            and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• rj_lucas
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by skyking26
              As ridiculous as it is getting with the Tigers; they soon will be selling the air you breathe at the park in bags. It gets more laughable by the week...

RK
              I understand what you're saying, but a item used in an actual game, to my way of thinking, is the ONLY thing worth MLB authentication -- as opposed to the dirt samples and other 'manufactured collectables' that also feature a MLB hologram.

Personally, I'd rather pay $50 for a ball fouled back by Ichiro, traceable to a specific pitch in a specific game, than pay the same amount for one of the 200 8x10's he signed after the game.

Rick
              rickjlucas@gmail.com

Comment

• suicide_squeeze
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by rj_lucas
                I understand what you're saying, but a item used in an actual game, to my way of thinking, is the ONLY thing worth MLB authentication -- as opposed to the dirt samples and other 'manufactured collectables' that also feature a MLB hologram.

Personally, I'd rather pay $50 for a ball fouled back by Ichiro, traceable to a specific pitch in a specific game, than pay the same amount for one of the 200 8x10's he signed after the game.

Rick
                rickjlucas@gmail.com

Rick,

In an odd way, I can't help but agree with you as I see your point.

That's why I collect home run balls. Having a piece that is tied to that player is as good as it gets when it can be traced to a specific event in time, especially if it is a home run ball.

It's just that......a foul ball??? Eeesch! I guess if that's all one can obtain, it's still an authentic game used item, so it does fit into the "cool" category. Especially if it has a MLB sticker for authenticity.

Comment

• rj_lucas
                  • Apr 2009

Exactly. As an example, I've got a ball fouled back by Albert Pujols in the April 11, 2009 game where he hit two HRs, including a slam, tied his career high with 7 RBIs, and set the franchise record as the only Cards player to have two games with 7 RBIs.

Makes for a great display, along with the MLB cert and screen grab. Grand total paid? $35. A bargain, considering how much enjoyment I'll get from it in the years to come.

Rick
                  rickjlucas@gmail.com
                  Attached Files

Comment

• larry bourget
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Vintagedeputy
                    IT'S AN EXCEPTIONAL DEAL, if you compare trying to buy it from $TEINER for 5 times that amount.

LB

Comment

• BULBUS
                      • Nov 2005

When you figure a new OMLB retails for 20 bucks these days, for $30 more, you get a baseball that was prepared for major league play, thrown at least once by a major league pitcher, fouled off by a star player, authenticated, thats a pretty good deal.

-Chris
                      Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
                      sigpic
                      donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• tigerdale
                        • Dec 2007

100 for a homerun baseball......great deal!!
                        always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
                        Thank you, Dale
                        tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• tigerdale
                          • Dec 2007

The more I think of it...100 for a home run ball.....its rare to get a home run ball, let alone an authenticated one. You have to have a stadium that allows for it to fall somewhere that it can be authenticated w/out a fan getting it....then a team which actually authenticates. If that all happens, it has to makes its way to the floor or sale table before a player or someone else might get his or her hands on it...I'd say HR balls that are authenticated are pretty rare to have.
                          always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
                          Thank you, Dale
                          tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2009

Even a foul ball at $50 might have extra interest or value if it came from a significant game (star pitcher victory, star closer save, cycle game, etc.)

Plus, it beats paying $250 for a Wrigley Field roof ball .

Dave M.
                            Chicago area

Comment

• coxfan
                              • Feb 2009

If I buy a game-used ball, I don't have folks yelling "Give it to the kid!" like they would if I tried to get one in the seats. So I'm glad teams sell them.

Comment

Working...