PDA

View Full Version : Tony Fernandez - autographed/Jays/1988/Powder Blue/Wilson Jersey for sale - w/ Jays COA

cjw
08-26-2009, 05:58 PM
Tony Fernandez - 1988, powder blue, set 2, size 40, Wilson jersey with team tagging in the collar, and COA from the Jays. It is signed across the lower front (below the Jays crest) by Tony.

Asking $450 (I will cover shipping and insurance costs) or best offer.

Unsigned, common powder blue jerseys sold through the Jays team store for $300 and up. Last time I was there, they had none of those left.

Please email me for pics. Thanks for looking! chris

cjw
09-01-2009, 04:21 PM
BUMP due to price reduction:

now aksing $350 (I will cover shipping and insurance costs) or best offer.

cjw
09-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Pics for those interested. Thanks!

Lokee
09-08-2009, 08:25 PM
so the matching foil holo was never put on the jersey ?

cjw
09-08-2009, 10:28 PM
so the matching foil holo was never put on the jersey ?

Not sure if the jersey was ever affixed with a holo or not, or if this is the Jays practise to do so? It was not when I purchased it. chris

cjw
09-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Jersey is still availble. Thanks to those that inquired.

One last price drop - to $325 - before it goes to the 'bay with a slightlly higher buy it now price.

Please note at $325 price - buyer and I will split shipping costs;

Shipping from Canada to the US, with insurance - via Canada Post Expedited Airmail - (4-10 business days) we each pay approx. $10 shipping.

So at $335 - this is still reduced from my last asking price.

Thanks..chris

TAFKADixie
09-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Not sure if the jersey was ever affixed with a holo or not, or if this is the Jays practise to do so? It was not when I purchased it. chris

I picked up a Billy Koch from the Jays and the COA was the same way. The holo sticker was in the bag with the certificate, not affixed to the jersey. Technically I guess you could just stick the holo on a non gamer and try and pass it off.

Lokee
09-14-2009, 09:44 PM
I picked up a Billy Koch from the Jays and the COA was the same way. The holo sticker was in the bag with the certificate, not affixed to the jersey. Technically I guess you could just stick the holo on a non gamer and try and pass it off.

WTF :confused:

kingjammy24
09-14-2009, 10:04 PM

no you couldn't because each jersey comes with a set of matching holograms. the other hologram is on the cert and the back of the cert has the jersey details (player, home/road, uniform number, and whether it's game-worn or game-ready) written on it. if all you had was a jersey with a hologram on it and no matching hologram/cert then suspicions would naturally be aroused. all you really need is the cert/hologram because it's got the jersey details on the back.

that's the way the jays have sold their jerseys for as long as i can remember; with the holograms not affixed to the jerseys. they give you a cert with 1 hologram and unique id on it and another hologram with the same unique id on it. buyers are free to affix the hologram to their items or not. any jays jersey with the hologram on it must've been put there by a buyer and not the team.

rudy.

bronx_burner
09-15-2009, 02:50 PM
no you couldn't because each jersey comes with a set of matching holograms. the other hologram is on the cert and the back of the cert has the jersey details (player, home/road, uniform number, and whether it's game-worn or game-ready) written on it. if all you had was a jersey with a hologram on it and no matching hologram/cert then suspicions would naturally be aroused. all you really need is the cert/hologram because it's got the jersey details on the back.

Interesting. Although that doesn't stop someone from maybe getting the jersey looked at by someone like Mears and afterwards just selling a fake jersey with the real blue Jays cert and holograms, and keeping the real jersey with just the Mears letter.

Although it looks like if the hologram was even affixed to the jersey, there would still not be a way to match the item to the certificate as it doesn't look like the number appears on the actual holo.

bronx_burner
09-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Just to clarify, I don't think any of what I wrote above to be true in the case of this jersey in any way. I'm certain its fully legit as well as being a really nice price. If I was a Jays collector I would have snatched it myself. I was just speculating on the holes left open by the Blue Jays authentication system.

cjw
11-19-2009, 04:10 PM
Hi Jays fans...I didn't get arond to listing this on ebay..and before I do, I thought I'd try it again here. I also have a Fernadez game used bat and a 1988 Jays line up card that would display well with these.

Jersey for $300 plus shipping. Bat is $50 plus shipping. Buy both...and the lineup card is free.

Thanks for looking.

chris